Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
what if the jeep at the light had the 392
IMO the 392 Jeep is basically vaporware. My bet is that it’s going to be a 2 model year run and they will be $70k a pop before markup. For $70k on a wrangler I’m buying a truck, a trailer, and building a tube buggy with an LS/tons/40’s/etc.

Yes I know that it’s a different use case but the use case for the 392 is already dubious at best. Are you supposed to leave it stock? Is it a platform that you rip out everything and replace with Dana 60’s? If the latter you’re talking about a $100k Jeep build... if the former what’s the point of a badass V8 Jeep with 33’s? I think FCA is desperate and scared AF of the Bronco so their best solution was to throw way too much horsepower at the JL for way too much money.
Sponsored

Last edited:

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wonder if there will be resevations for these
I hope so. It’s gonna be NUTS trying to find a dealer who will sell one for MSRP. At least the reservation guarantees you can get an allocation.

I wish Ford could find a way to guarantee MSRP

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

IMO the 392 Jeep is basically vaporware. My bet is that it’s going to be a 2 model year run and they will be $70k a pop before markup. For $70k on a wrangler I’m buying a truck, a trailer, and building a tube buggy with an LS/tons/40’s/etc.

Yes I know that it’s a different use case but the use case for the 392 is already dubious at best. Are you supposed to leave it stock? Is it a platform that you rip out everything and replace with Dana 60’s? If the latter you’re talking about a $100k Jeep build... if the former what’s the point of a badass V8 Jeep with 33’s? I think FCA is desperate and scared AF of the Bronco so their best solution was to throw way too much horsepower at the JL for way too much money.
Agree. I mean I think the Warthog will also be 70k easy, but the 70k will be spent better on the Warthog. Warthog suspension and tires alone shit on the 392 Rubi. The Warthog will have at least 400hp and 4.70 gearing I bet. It'll be plenty enough to be fun from a light.

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Agree. I mean I think the Warthog will also be 70k easy, but the 70k will be spent better on the Warthog. Warthog suspension and tires alone shit on the 392 Rubi. The Warthog will have at least 400hp and 4.70 gearing I bet. It'll be plenty enough to be fun from a light.
I’ve heard the warthog will be $60kish starting... either way still a lot. But with the 392 it’s basically just a standard rubicon other than the engine. If it came with Dana 60’s and 37’s for $70k? Absolute steal. But with the stock drivetrain for the most part... it’s dubious at best. Hell from what we’ve seen Ford is beefing up the warthog rear axle pretty substantially and that’s for 100 less horsepower than the 392.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve heard the warthog will be $60kish starting... either way still a lot. But with the 392 it’s basically just a standard rubicon other than the engine. If it came with Dana 60’s and 37’s for $70k? Absolute steal. But with the stock drivetrain for the most part... it’s dubious at best. Hell from what we’ve seen Ford is beefing up the warthog rear axle pretty substantially and that’s for 100 less horsepower than the 392.
have you also heard they moved up the timeline? My best guess is ‘22 now. A legendary poster here refused to confirm but I got the message ?

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

im not saying its refined but i bet they could charge 80,000 and sell every one of them before the bronco even comes out and 2% will leave the 33s on there .

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hope so. It’s gonna be NUTS trying to find a dealer who will sell one for MSRP. At least the reservation guarantees you can get an allocation.

I wish Ford could find a way to guarantee MSRP
That’s exactly what I was thinking. I’d be down to pay a $500 deposit

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

probably comes with 3.5eco/10sp like the raptor and everyone will complain no manual
My money is on the 3.0 EB tuned to 450 HP, 500 lb ft of torque. Then they will option the Baby Godzilla 6.8 500 HP 550lb ft torque in 23 or 24 for the Raptor and Warthog before a refresh and a full electric version. Who knows, but thats my guess. 3.5 is old news now and the DI only poses issues the new model fixes.

Sponsored

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nah multiple folks at MAP have told me it’s starting at 60k. At least that’s what the current plan is.

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pipe dream.

2 door warthog
Pricing, preliminary specs & photos released “BEFORE” order commitment deadline.

That said, I’d likely stick with the current 2D because I’m thinking the Warthog will be too wide for my local trails and not the mention $$$.

rad nonetheless

PEACE
Sponsored