BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think 37’s will be fine on Bronco (non-hog) as long as you’re not being dumb.
Whelp, I'm screwed then. All kidding aside, I agree and think the BL and Squatch drivelines will hold up to 37's and moderate off roading.
Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Whelp, I'm screwed then. All kidding aside, I agree and think the BL and Squatch drivelines will hold up to 37's and moderate off roading.
Yup. Especially in situations with no front locker the 37’s will do great. Just when you start using lockers... they are a great tool but differentials are there for a reason! Hopefully the off-roadeo teaches a lot about locker use and that they are basically a last resort when 4x4 alone isn’t working.

JPNC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
It's more than a detail since this whole thread is about the Warthog on 37s. Misleading and most watching the thread think it's true. Fake news.
[/QUOT
It's more than a detail since this whole thread is about the Warthog on 37s. Misleading and most watching the thread think it's true. Fake news.
very true

Space Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon 1st Edition, etc...
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We got some close-up, detailed shots of the Bronco Warthog’s Raptor-esque Live-Valve shocks, removing any doubt of the über-Bronco’s suspension makeup. We also got our first chance to photograph a Warthog wearing the 37-inch tires, to provide tire specs lifted directly from a prototype.

Live-Valve Shocks Caught Close-Up and Uncovered
All prior Bronco Warthog prototypes have had a piece of plastic or rubber screwed to the inside of the rear wheel well, effectively hiding the shock absorber design being applied to the future range-topping Bronco variant. We even previously posted a prototype that had “Warthog Shock Cover” scrawled on the camouflage panel, to remove any doubt of the function of the temporary trim piece. With the latest Bronco Warthog prototype running with the rear shocks exposed, we can now fully put to rest any doubts that the outrageous model will be a Raptor in spirit (and key suspension mechanicals), if not in name.

Those 37s
The 37-inch tires were alluded to in an official post from Ford PR, but now we can report on exactly what the specs of the epic rubber. We managed to zoom in enough on a Warthog’s rear tire, revealing the following specs: 37x12.50R17LT 124R. Not every Warthog prototype has been fitted with the 37-inch tires, it’s, in fact, a rare sighting. Nearly every Bronco Warthog test vehicle we’ve seen has been wearing the Sasquatch-spec 35-inch tires, albeit in the usual BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 found on the F-150 Raptor. The 37-inch tires are also the BFG KO2s.

BroncoWarthog37s.g01.Bronco6G.jpg

BroncoWarthog37s.g02.Bronco6G.jpg

BroncoWarthog37s.g03.Bronco6G.jpg

BroncoWarthog.shock01c.Bronco6G.jpg

BroncoWarthog.shock01.Bronco6G.jpg

BroncoWarthogLiveValve.g03.Bronco6G.jpg

BroncoWarthogLiveValve.g02.Bronco6G.jpg

BroncoWarthog.shock08.Bronco6G.jpg

BroncoWarthog.shock02.Bronco6G.jpg

BroncoWarthog.shock03.Bronco6G.jpg

BroncoWarthogLiveValve.g01.Bronco6G.jpg

BroncoWarthog.m01.Bronco6G.jpg

BroncoWarthog.m02.Bronco6G.jpg

BroncoWarthog.m03.Bronco6G.jpg
BroncoWarthog.m05.Bronco6G.jpg
BroncoWarthog.m06.Bronco6G.jpg
BroncoWarthog.m07.Bronco6G.jpg
BroncoWarthog.shock07.Bronco6G.jpg
Nice. The 37" BFG KO2 s are $495 each at TireRack.com The same tires but 35" are $312 each.
We got some close-up, detailed shots of the Bronco Warthog’s Raptor-esque Live-Valve shocks, removing any doubt of the über-Bronco’s suspension makeup. We also got our first chance to photograph a Warthog wearing the 37-inch tires, to provide tire specs lifted directly from a prototype.

Live-Valve Shocks Caught Close-Up and Uncovered
All prior Bronco Warthog prototypes have had a piece of plastic or rubber screwed to the inside of the rear wheel well, effectively hiding the shock absorber design being applied to the future range-topping Bronco variant. We even previously posted a prototype that had “Warthog Shock Cover” scrawled on the camouflage panel, to remove any doubt of the function of the temporary trim piece. With the latest Bronco Warthog prototype running with the rear shocks exposed, we can now fully put to rest any doubts that the outrageous model will be a Raptor in spirit (and key suspension mechanicals), if not in name.

Those 37s
The 37-inch tires were alluded to in an official post from Ford PR, but now we can report on exactly what the specs of the epic rubber. We managed to zoom in enough on a Warthog’s rear tire, revealing the following specs: 37x12.50R17LT 124R. Not every Warthog prototype has been fitted with the 37-inch tires, it’s, in fact, a rare sighting. Nearly every Bronco Warthog test vehicle we’ve seen has been wearing the Sasquatch-spec 35-inch tires, albeit in the usual BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 found on the F-150 Raptor. The 37-inch tires are also the BFG KO2s.

BroncoWarthog37s.g01.Bronco6G.jpg

BroncoWarthog37s.g02.Bronco6G.jpg

BroncoWarthog37s.g03.Bronco6G.jpg

BroncoWarthog.shock01c.Bronco6G.jpg

BroncoWarthog.shock01.Bronco6G.jpg

BroncoWarthogLiveValve.g03.Bronco6G.jpg

BroncoWarthogLiveValve.g02.Bronco6G.jpg

BroncoWarthog.shock08.Bronco6G.jpg

BroncoWarthog.shock02.Bronco6G.jpg

BroncoWarthog.shock03.Bronco6G.jpg

BroncoWarthogLiveValve.g01.Bronco6G.jpg

BroncoWarthog.m01.Bronco6G.jpg

BroncoWarthog.m02.Bronco6G.jpg

BroncoWarthog.m03.Bronco6G.jpg
BroncoWarthog.m05.Bronco6G.jpg
BroncoWarthog.m06.Bronco6G.jpg
BroncoWarthog.m07.Bronco6G.jpg
BroncoWarthog.shock07.Bronco6G.jpg
Nice. The 37" KO2s are $495 each at Tire Rack. The 35" KO2s are $312 each.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base

PhoenixM3

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R, 2018 Fiesta ST, 2018 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Amazing though. My ‘05 Mustang GT V8 topped out at about 305 hspwr and the new eco boost V6 (Mustang) are about the same

but the sound of the V8, that’s beautiful
4 cylinder. They sound awful, but can move out.

Broncoak

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 FSB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
4 cylinder. They sound awful, but can move out.
Yeah, you must be right. All I remember is being shocked at what they could get out of a much smaller engine. Nothing compared to the sound though. I had a windy lonely road on the way home that I took on occasion even though it was out of the way, just so I could open up all 8 cylinders.

not worried about that now though. Only one road in and out where I live

Smheard

First Edition
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Raptor, ‘21 Macan S, ‘22 Big Bend, '21 FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The Warthog pictured here is wearing 35s. The first 3 up close 37 "tire shots are from another vehicle (Warthog? who knows?) with different rims. This tells nothing about having enough room for 37s.
Those wheels are Raptor beadlock wheels from the ‘19/‘20 model years.

Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The cool thing about a Bronco/Jeep is that aftermarket shit will be way cooler than anything the OEM puts out. The warthog will be a badass piece of kit for sure but for the $10k you save by buying a cheaper version... you can put $10k worth of suspension work.

Stop giving away my secrets :ROFLMAO: I can't wait !!! Hope to see some bad ass shit like this for the new Bronc !!!!

Ford Bronco Spied: Bronco Warthog With Live Valve Shocks & 37" Tires 1607820211282

20201127_232756.jpg

Warthog

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
happy happy joy joy!!
Now the real question... as a late reservation holder, already staring down the barrel of MY22 delivery, should I just hold out for the Warthog?!? ??‍♂
ABSOLUTELY!!! - I'm an EARLY reservation holder but will HOLD out for the Warthog. Totaled a 2011 Raptor (using it as it was meant to be used) - I would be VERY pissed off if I ordered the normal Sasquatch and then the Warthog came to fruition.

I would NOT be a happy camper cause I'd take it in the ass if I wanted the Hog!

rtsherry73

Outer Banks
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
yeah ... I think I will cancel my Bronco reservation now and just wait and buy a Warthog when it becomes available.
It is interesting to think, from a business standpoint, what the "fallout" is going to be from the 165,000 (Or so...) reservations booked so far. My gut estimate is at least 50% "fallout," due to: 1. Job 1 now delayed until summer 2021; 2. Top colors delayed, probably summer 2022; 3. Man Trans with Sasquatch, delayed; 4. Warthog coming, probably summer 2022; 5. Dealer mistreatment, including profit gouging, add-ons, etc.

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Everything on that axle is more beefy.
Sponsored