Sponsored

What sort of weird things are you cross shopping the bronco with?

chownd

Outer Banks
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm sure there's some people like me who buy cars for very illogical reasons just because they like how something looks or makes you feel. So here's a thread for odd choices that absolutely shouldn't be cross shopped.

I've always wanted a bronco since the first time one caught my eye.

That said I need a car next year. If my day 1 order is super delayed, I'm considering an Audi etron or genesis g80.

(My wife has always wanted a wrangler but I should be able to convince her to get a bronco as her next vehicle. By then they'll be available to just buy on lots. We split driving our cars something like 60-40 so I'll have my bronco eventually. Just might be 3 or 4 years later than anticipated.)

If bronco doesn't work for you for whatever reason, what very non bronco vehicle are you considering?
Sponsored

MISSJD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Cabrio
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm sure there's some people like me who buy cars for very illogical reasons just because they like how something looks or makes you feel. So here's a thread for odd choices that absolutely shouldn't be cross shopped.

I've always wanted a bronco since the first time one caught my eye.

That said I need a car next year. If my day 1 order is super delayed, I'm considering an Audi etron or genesis g80.

(My wife has always wanted a wrangler but I should be able to convince her to get a bronco as her next vehicle. By then they'll be available to just buy on lots. We split driving our cars something like 60-40 so I'll have my bronco eventually. Just might be 3 or 4 years later than anticipated.)

If bronco doesn't work for you for whatever reason, what very non bronco vehicle are you considering?
At this rate I might have a better chance of getting the Mercedes EQC Squared

Jmh745

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜16 F-150, ā€˜20 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™m cross shopping with a defender 110 and a Johnson rod lift or an ecodiesel Jeep... wrangler/gladiator. Not really illogical but Iā€™d still really prefer a bronco

attworth

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Land Rover D2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great question. Iā€™m driving a Land Rover with 155k miles on it every day, and Iā€™m probably spending about a car payments worth on fixing it every couple of months. I love the thing but eventually I gotta cut sling load. If I wonā€™t have a Bronco in 2021 (10 am July 15th) Iā€™m probably going to have to get something else.

Iā€™m going to drive a Raptor tomorrow to see if itā€™s even in the wheelhouse of things I like. I could use a pickup for sure, but have made due without for a while so I think the Bronco will serve me just as well. Still, a truck would be convenient.

I also really want a GT350 because who knows if Ford will sell a real Shelby again (sorry, the 500 is just a competitor for Hellcat, and although itā€™s a beast, itā€™s not that exciting to me.)

Thatā€™s really all Iā€™m shopping, unless the 4xe somehow sells for $10k or more less than current offerings (impossible.)

UncleBuck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger XLT 4.0L - 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m cross shopping F150 Tremor and Raptor. The tremor package on the F150 is looking mighty sexy. Has a combination of bronco and raptor goodies and all of the payload and towing capabilities of a truck.

Sponsored

csj

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Tacoma OR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
2021 GMC Acadia At4, tows 4k lbs, 26 mpg hwy, 6.1 0 to 60, 130mph top end. Of course not anywhere close to a Bronco off road, but would probably be much better than a Bronco on road, where all of us spend 99% of our driving.

2021-acadia-at4-exterior-21PGAC00038-v2.jpg

mneblett

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150, 2019 Mustang GT vert, 2019 Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nothing. We really don't need another car (F-150 Screw, S550 Mustang, C7Z06 Corvette).

This is totally a fun toy splurge.

(This assumes I'm still alive by the time the Bronco gets here! - 62 now; who knows how old by the time the car arrives with the way the roll-out is going.)

bgmort

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Subaru Outback. It's my current vehicle, and there are a lot of things I'll miss if my next vehicle if something different, even if it's a Bronco. It's the perfect road trip with friends and car camping vehicle. If the Bronco were cheaper, and I had the space, I'd consider keeping the Outback around and getting a 2 door Bronco, but it's not in the cards right now.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If the Bronco gets delayed too long, it will be one of the below in that order.
F-150 Tremor
F-150 Platinum
Explorer ST
Lincoln Aviator
Lincoln Nautilus

Sponsored

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Had a dream I was looking into buying a Subaru WRX, so I played with their build and price this morning ?

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Raptor, f150 tremor, ram rebel or 1500
Defender... maybe? The bigger engine is out of my budget.

I think Iā€™d get a full-size truck over another SUV.

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If the Bronco gets delayed too long, it will be one of the below in that order.
F-150 Tremor
F-150 Platinum
Explorer ST
Lincoln Aviator
Lincoln Nautilus
That aviator with the big engine is hot

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not concerned. Have a '12 Sierra and a '18 Trax. Hate the Trax. It'll be traded in or sold for the Bronco. Not in a hurry, needs are taken care of not wants or gotta haves...
Sponsored