Sponsored

What sort of weird things are you cross shopping the bronco with?

ausherpharmd

Black Diamond
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not really cross shopping anything. For me, it was between the Rivians and the Bronco. Cost-wise I can't bring myself to get a Rivian and I've been waiting for the Bronco for a while so I'm sticking with that. I'll just drive my Hyundai another year or two if necessary. I have a day 1 reservation so feel decent about time frames.

Walnut

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
old ass beater
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

1. Rivian SUV
2. Tesla Model Y
3. Mach-E
4. Maybe Wrangler 4xe, but I'm really over Wranglers

clearly I want an EV/hybrid and Ford dropped the ball not having Bronco Hybrid ready to go at launch

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Really was looking hard at a 2020/21 Jeep Willy’s until debut of Bronco.

Other than that Tesla Model Y. If it weren’t $10,000 for self driving I’d probably be swayed into it.

Next car purchase after this we’ll look hard at the Rivian SUV or any new competitors to it for wife/short trips. Bronco will be our last ICE vehicle I’d imagine.

Dlerojo

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If the F150 Tremor can be had with the hybrid drive train i'm probably going that route instead.

Sponsored

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

GT350R, Focus RS, C7Z06, Fiesta ST, Humvee, maybe WRX if they ever come back with a hatch. Wrangler if I can get a used one for cheap enough.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Building a restomod 1946 Pontiac Streamliner onto a S10 frame with modern engine, brakes and electricals so that it can be driven every day.

I haven't owned a car from the 40's so perhaps it's time to have a car from each of the proper decades for American automobiles.

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If my Bronco is pushed back until late 2021 or even into 2022, I'm not cancelling my order, but I will be finding a play vehicle in the meantime. I will probably find a nice, built Jeep TJ in Citron Pearl or an early JK. You can find nice ones for like $7k-$15k. Something like this would scratch my itch:
6aa89b29fcf77f6cda8fbfc4638f1dbb.jpg

Both the Jeep and the Bronco will be converted into overlanding vehicles.

OP
OP
chownd

chownd

Outer Banks
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
1. Rivian SUV
2. Tesla Model Y
3. Mach-E
4. Maybe Wrangler 4xe, but I'm really over Wranglers

clearly I want an EV/hybrid and Ford dropped the ball not having Bronco Hybrid ready to go at launch
I'm really interested in EVs too. Never had one but like them conceptually. Part of the reason I'm entertaining a bronco lease (if it isn't atrocious to do so) is to see what bronco EV offering is available 3 years down the line and make decision to leap from current bronco or not.

The other part of it is a first year vehicle makes me a bit nervous. I'm a former focus owner who had it in the shop for clutch issues more often than I have fingers.

Sponsored

BroncoZ

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Kia Telluride and Hyundai Palisade. Bought the 2021 Palisade and couldn't be happier. Modern looks, 8 passenger, 100k powertrain warranty 50k bumper to bumper and 3 years free maintenance. Now I can buy the 2 door Bronco just for me and my errands. Even if I get the Bronco in late 2021, my Palisade will outlast the Ford Warranty by a few years lol.

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Cross-shopping a climb of Mount Vinson, or Vinson Massif, the highpoint of Antarctica and one of the famed Seven Summits - the highest points of the seven continents.

A beautiful snow climb in the pristine Sentinel Range of that continent's Ellsworth Mountains to a magical 16,050' summit without the crowds and garbage of Mount Everest.

A couple of weeks and about the same price, guided, as a fully loaded Base. There are still places you can't take a Bronco, and I'm happy for that.

It's soooo tempting.

Photo swiped from National Geographic website:

Ford Bronco What sort of weird things are you cross shopping the bronco with? 1608052413270

Ricepuddin

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW 340i and 1998 bmw m3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ram 1500 rebel
Lexus gx460 (used)

Walnut

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
old ass beater
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm really interested in EVs too. Never had one but like them conceptually. Part of the reason I'm entertaining a bronco lease (if it isn't atrocious to do so) is to see what bronco EV offering is available 3 years down the line and make decision to leap from current bronco or not.

The other part of it is a first year vehicle makes me a bit nervous. I'm a former focus owner who had it in the shop for clutch issues more often than I have fingers.
With Bronco demand so high, I recommend buying it. If you don't like it, you can always sell it mid 2022 and still recover what you paid. With a lease, the money is gone

t3n2and4

Badlands
First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, F150, VW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gladiator (concerned w safari bar and headroom)
Macan
2022 Golf R
X3M40i
GLC43

The last two are based on home desires, not my own. Gladiator looks are a tough sell.
Sponsored