Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

does anyone know what is the difference is between the Capable Front Bumper and Heavy Duty Modular Bumper?

did I miss a thread on this
Sponsored

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

From what I remember on the Build and Price site, it looks like the capable bumper has fog lights integrated into the bumper (like the HD bumper should as well, lol). At least that is what the picture shows on that option. It also looks like a different process to remove the bumper end caps.

OP
OP
Prkelly

Prkelly

Badlands
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From what I remember on the Build and Price site, it looks like the capable bumper has fog lights integrated into the bumper (like the HD bumper should as well, lol). At least that is what the picture shows on that option. It also looks like a different process to remove the bumper end caps.
thanks

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

does anyone know what is the difference is between the Capable Front Bumper and Heavy Duty Modular Bumper?

did I miss a thread on this
Capable Front Bumper vs Heavy-Duty Modular Bumper

Stock bumper has Fog lights.

Capable bumper has fog lights, exposed D rings, and can accommodate the winch (winch attaches to the D ring mounting points).

Modular bumper does not have fog lights, does have exposed D rings, and the corners come off for increased approach clearance.

Capable Bumper has been listed in the accessories catalog, but is only listed in the B&P as an option for vehicles that are already equipped with fog lights... meaning there is no information on whether you could option the capable bumper on a vehicle that normally comes with the modular bumper (for the purpose of adding fog lights).

OP
OP
Prkelly

Prkelly

Badlands
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Capable Front Bumper vs Heavy-Duty Modular Bumper

Stock bumper has Fog lights.

Capable bumper has fog lights, exposed D rings, and can accommodate the winch (winch attaches to the D ring mounting points).

Modular bumper does not have fog lights, does have exposed D rings, and the corners come off for increased approach clearance.

Capable Bumper has been listed in the accessories catalog, but is only listed in the B&P as an option for vehicles that are already equipped with fog lights... meaning there is no information on whether you could option the capable bumper on a vehicle that normally comes with the modular bumper (for the purpose of adding fog lights).
thank you

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

And to add, the Capable is in a different section on the BnP... not sure what that means, maybe a Dealer install vs from Factory?

But it is odd that you can add a winch to the Modular, but not add it to the Capable even though it's supposed to accommodate it. The Capable also comes with that Disclaimer that there could be extra installation charges by the dealer.

Alot of unknowns with the Capable... that's the reason I decided to pass.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd be more interested in a bumper delete option, since I'll probably replace it anyway.
Sponsored