2 door vs. 4 door

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I plan on getting an Irish Wolfhound who will be able the weight of your dog. I want the 2DR but I feel the extra space would be good for that size dog. Help me change my mind. Keep in mind I’ve never owned a dog that size. No kids either.
An Irish wolfhound? Yeah, you’re going to need the 4 door. Maybe a horse trailer too.

74B5F5CE-26CE-4FAF-B18B-9489548FA2C3.jpeg

DB981FF1-7FBC-495B-BC92-7492EE145FD1.jpeg
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I plan on getting an Irish Wolfhound who will be able the weight of your dog. I want the 2DR but I feel the extra space would be good for that size dog. Help me change my mind. Keep in mind I’ve never owned a dog that size. No kids either.
Ahhh, I've given nearly no thought to how my GSD will get in or ride in a 2 door Squatch.
I guess I'll just keep picking him up like I do to get him in the 1 ton. Maybe keep the back seats down.
He's an old boy, 11 , may not actually get to see the new ride..... :cry:

KingWillard

Black Diamond
First Name
Willard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond 2.3 MT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m going for the 2 door. I’ve been dreaming of owning a Bronco for years. A classic two door. And this is my present to myself for my 50th. The 4 door just doesn’t look like a Bronco to me. I had a jeep renegade for a while (please don’t make fun of me) and I figured out how to make that work with a roof rack, cargo box, and hitch mounted bike rack. The kids are just going to have to climb in or we will take my wife’s car if need be. Good luck making a decision. I go back and forth on a lot of stuff, but have always been set on the 2 door.

Grooticus

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’ve got a Leonberger but nearly got a IWH before we ended up with him, you won’t be happy with a 2 door. With the seats down 48” is a bare minimum needed.

mrcx

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am wondering if I left the rear seats folded down... haha
Not sure how easy the rear seats are to remove in the Bronco, but I had the back seat out in my 2 door Wrangler 90% of the time. More room for my dog.

Sponsored

Scooter

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am single guy with a dog. If its just a grocery getter/commuter go with the 2dr. If you go camping, hunting, or outdoor sports that are gear orientated go with the 4dr. A 4dr will allow you to bring more pleasure items. I have a Ford Ranger and am concerned the 4dr will not carry enough. 80% of the time I will not need the space, but when needed it will be appreciated.

B. Ron CO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I am wondering if I left the rear seats folded down... haha
I had a 2-door S10 Blazer way back when and I often had the rear seat down for months at a time until I had more than one passenger. Nothing wrong running with the back seat down.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

2 doors is one more than I need, I haven't had any difficulty getting in and out of 1 door airplanes for the last 15 years. If I could delete the passenger door I would.
I'm not sure how you could search the site for it. But there was poster who shared a photo where they deleted the rear seats and passenger seat on an epic overland trip up north. They fashioned a flat deck/plate system so they could sleep inside.

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi @KatieB75 I am going two door! I would love the space of a 4 door but I choose two doors because of the retro look to it. It most resembles the 66 Bronco. I don’t have small kids, I do have 2 small dogs and a husband. I also rarely have others in the car. I will make due with less space. Back in 2006 I had a 4 door Wrangler when it first came out. The space was awesome but I just absolutely love the look of the two door. That is my reason! Good luck ??.
And the 2 door still has enough room to toss hubby in the back with the dogs ?

RLW

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Honda Odyss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I were you I would get a 4 door. You are going to need space for the dog and the ramp to get your wolf hound in and out. They don’t need to be jumping down from that high on the regular.
This is a picture of our Irish wolfhound with my wife. Dog is about 155 lbs.

55FB0F13-74BF-46FF-BED9-A35AB4935812.jpeg

Sponsored

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
An Irish wolfhound? Yeah, you’re going to need the 4 door. Maybe a horse trailer too.

Ford Bronco 2 door vs. 4 door 55FB0F13-74BF-46FF-BED9-A35AB4935812

Ford Bronco 2 door vs. 4 door 55FB0F13-74BF-46FF-BED9-A35AB4935812
Not gonna need a ramp, your gonna need a hydraulic lift LOL

• Haha
Reactions: RLW

Big Island Bronco ?♂️

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ Cherokee, 1971 Z28 R/S
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I am having a hard time deciding on a 2 door or 4 door. I don’t have kids and rarely have others in my car. I do worry that the trunk space is WAY too small on a 2 door. Will there be a difference in the drive as well? I live in Michigan and the potholes can be ridiculous.

So what are you getting and why? What helped you decide?
Katie I too am a Michigander, though this is my last winter, without children and use to drive a 4 door 3500 series pick up with an 8 foot bed. When you compare the two door and four door Broncos there just isn’t that much difference in cargo space. I can always stack my Costco groceries a little bit higher in the two door First Edition Bronco I have reserved ?. Also If you do get a four-door you’ll always wonder if you should’ve gotten a two door. But if you purchase a two door and it doesn’t work out, in a couple years you can always get a four-door. You only live once and the Bronco is a once in a lifetime vehicle right up there with a Corvette, make it special! I put together a little comparison between the two-door Bronco, your Ford Escape and a four-door Bronco.

89062E1B-164B-47DD-8D52-F36DBE2C1167.jpeg

Ride Em Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Liberty Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I agree, I’d love to see the seats folded down. We are bulk shoppers, so I need to be able to fill up the back. Haha
Katie A lot of useful information for you to digest. I was hoping that there may have also been photos of both the 2-door and 4-door with the front passenger seat down along with the rear seats down - to see how flat the front passenger seat lies down with each - and that may vary between the two since with the 2-door it is designed to allow passengers to access the rear. Maybe someone who has had the opportunity to see the 2-door and 4-door Bronco in person may be able to answer that for you.

Last edited:

VegasKoop

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The two door is the new Bronco II.

The 4 door is the new full size.

2 door looks like an adolescent next to the adult 4 door.
Sponsored