First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi SQ5, 2018 Volvo XC90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've gone back and forth. My kids are 7 and 4 and I've decided on the Two Door. Life is too short. My wife has a full size SUV that we'll just have to rely upon for hauling the kids around.
Sponsored

texex

Badlands
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Let's be honest, all of our kids will be grown by the time we finally get our first off the line 2022 Broncos.... Seriously though, I have a 4 year old who can climb in and buckle himself in, all I need to do is reach back and tighten it. My concern is can he climb in by himself if the 2 door is Sasquatched? That's a long way up for little legs even with the step bar. I'm actually more concerned with my kid about the Sasquatch then the 2 door. Thoughts?

OP
OP
drive21bronco

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Let's be honest, all of our kids will be grown by the time we finally get our first off the line 2022 Broncos.... Seriously though, I have a 4 year old who can climb in and buckle himself in, all I need to do is reach back and tighten it. My concern is can he climb in by himself if the 2 door is Sasquatched? That's a long way up for little legs even with the step bar. I'm actually more concerned with my kid about the Sasquatch then the 2 door. Thoughts?
I think that would be quite the step up on the Sasquatch. With a little help from you though, boost him up.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m trying to imagine the scene where after months of me convincing her it will work, I buy a two door and my wife first says, “now show me how to get the baby into the car.”

Deep down, you know the two door is going to be a royal pain in the ass with kids and car seats. Get the four door.

You will also get better fuel range, bigger. trunk space, and a more imposing vehicle.

OP
OP
drive21bronco

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m trying to imagine the scene where after months of me convincing her it will work, I buy a two door and my wife first says, “now show me how to get the baby into the car.”

Deep down, you know the two door is going to be a royal pain in the ass with kids and car seats. Get the four door.

You will also get better fuel range, bigger. trunk space, and a more imposing vehicle.
Yea, I have put much thought into this. I was dead set on 2 door and making it work. And I still kinda want to, however for the reasons you list and the fact that my wife wants three kids, number two is not out yet.. I cannot risk the 2 door. Im trying to convince her 2 kids will be enough ha.

Sponsored

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For those comparing a 2 door sports car to a 2 door SUV please do a simple task..... Put a 50 pound rock on the ground and lift it up to your waste line. Now take the same 50 pound rock and set it on a table that is waste high. Now pick that rock up off the table and keep it waste high.... which one was easier?

You can not compare shoving a kid in the back of a mustang that has half the size opening and half height opening plus being low to the ground with a 2 door SUV. That’s like comparing getting into a 4 door Prius vs a 4 door Expedition...it’s not even close to being the same thing other than door count. Will it be easier with a 4 door getting kids in and out? Yes but 2 door won’t be too much more different since the leg room and head room is the same as 4 door. Just have to get used to folding that seat forward and jamming them in there.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've gone back and forth. My kids are 7 and 4 and I've decided on the Two Door. Life is too short. My wife has a full size SUV that we'll just have to rely upon for hauling the kids around.
If my kids were older like yours I might consider the two door as my wife has an Explorer for family hauling but deep down I still feel like the 2 door would be to tough to live with. A vehicle the size of the bronco I don't want to shoehorn myself into always having to take the wifes car when the family wants to go somewhere so 4 door it is.

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm past the small kid phase (mine is driving himself), but I did have a 2 door SUV around the time he was born. Switching to a 4 door vehicle was a blessing. Not always as cool but you will have years of them in a car seat or booster and 4 doors is easier. After that, the longer legs start becoming an issue with a cramped backseat. Yes, you can force them back there but are you ready for the bitching? Question is do you want to be cool or practical?

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For those comparing a 2 door sports car to a 2 door SUV please do a simple task..... Put a 50 pound rock on the ground and lift it up to your waste line. Now take the same 50 pound rock and set it on a table that is waste high. Now pick that rock up off the table and keep it waste high.... which one was easier?

You can not compare shoving a kid in the back of a mustang that has half the size opening and half height opening plus being low to the ground with a 2 door SUV. That’s like comparing getting into a 4 door Prius vs a 4 door Expedition...it’s not even close to being the same thing other than door count. Will it be easier with a 4 door getting kids in and out? Yes but 2 door won’t be too much more different since the leg room and head room is the same as 4 door. Just have to get used to folding that seat forward and jamming them in there.
Okay, so it’s a little easier than a mustang. A mustang is completely impractical with car seats.

Did you see the video of the 6’3” guy cramming himself into the back of the two door? Now imagine that with him holding a baby.

https://www.bronco6g.com/63-guy-demonstrates-climbing-in-and-out-of-2-door-bronco-rear-seats/

Car seats are a big enough pain in the ass with my Honda Pilot, and that’s pretty much the gold standard best case scenario car seat SUV.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Another thing that I haven’t seen mentioned on this topic is the extra width of the 4 door rear seats.

This is the four door, and you can see the extra “seat” in the middle. Not only could you cram a fifth person in there in a pinch, but this is the safest position for a car seat in the vehicle. Right in the middle:

Ford Bronco 2 Door vs 4 Door : Putting Child Car Seats in the Back 1608829830515

As someone mentioned on another thread, the two doors rear seats are crammed in between the rear wheels and this middle space does not exist:

Ford Bronco 2 Door vs 4 Door : Putting Child Car Seats in the Back 1608829950939

Sponsored

evomind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All sorts of things
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ive never had the dilemma personally as Ive always had several vehicles.
I am thinking about getting my daughter a 2 door base but am worried she would have to sell the vehicle if she ever had a kid. (She's 22).
Based on my experience, im not sure I could get a car seat or carrier back there unless some contraption is built to lower it through the top. lol
I dont think there is clearance mathematically to get a carrier through the 2 door opening.
My advice is bring a car carrier to where they have Bronco dealer when they get the test drivers in and see how it works.

Clint

Base
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Base
How many times are your removing that car seat? We bought two of them and I leave one in my car all the time. Once they are forward facing and about 2.5-4 years old, they can climb into the seat by themselves, you'll just have to buckle them in that point.

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have a 14 month old now and another baby on the way due this spring (21'). Am I crazy for even considering a two door?? I keep telling myself I have to go with the four door, but something about a 2 door keeps pulling me toward that. Getting the babies (rear facing) in and out is going to be pretty tough (if at all possible) unless the top is off and I could maybe pull them out the sides or back. Once they are both facing forward it will be much easier but still going to be tougher then a four door I am thinking. This wont be my main vehicle as I have a fusion I commute in but would use it on the weekends and some week days. Any one out there driving around a Wrangler 2 Door with kids??
Father of two here. A two door is a very poor life choice for with kids. We started with a two door Mercedes Coupe. It was miserable getting them in and out, as a rear fading baby and toddler. Flipping the toddler to front facing was not much better. It just sucks.

Then when they get older they will drive you insane as you have to let them in and out, getting out of your own seat each and every time.

Get the four door. Seriously. As a parent, that’s your obligation. The Bronco is cool. Messing around with two kids in the back of a two door will not be cool. It will be a major pain in the ass.

OP
OP
drive21bronco

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am back and forth back and forth 2-dr 4-dr 2-dr 4-rd. Haven’t landed yet. I did borrow my friends TJ for a few days and had my daughter in there with her seat forward. It wasn’t that bad.. basically I drop her off to daycare then head to work. I’m in the car mostly by myself. At the end of the day I want to get the vehicle I enjoy driving in the most. I feel like the 2-dr will be just that more fun to drive. Everything still up in the air though. I was swearing by a four door a week ago now back to two door. Especially after driving my friends TJ
Sponsored