Sponsored

2-door vs 4-door Bronco for Overlanding?

SuzH

Badlands
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.crittear.com
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Such a dilemma!!! I LOVE the look of the 2 dr. So very classic! However....there really isn't a lot of room. I go back and forth....2, no4, no 2.... Anyone else?
I figured I'd take the 2nd row seats out (if they don't lay flat) It would be me, hunky hubby and 3 dogs.

Plus.....rooftop real-estate is bigger on 4.

What are your thoughts?
Sponsored

CWO4

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If real-estate is even the slightest concern go with the 4 door, I personally feel that the 2 door with driver side back seat deleted will give me all the dry storage I will need, roof rack for the rest.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Right there with ya. I think the answer is first buy what you wife wants, enjoy it and enjoy her lack of complaints. Then in a few years buy a used modified 2 door to have fun with. Then once youve got it just right your jealous wife will start wanting to drive it. Then you are back in the 4 door, but atleast you got the most badass wife on the block and she didnt leave you because you wasted all your money on a cramped 2 door and didnt have room to bring the camp toilets and she got a rash all because of you!

Last edited:
OP
OP
SuzH

SuzH

Badlands
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.crittear.com
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If real-estate is even the slightest concern go with the 4 door, I personally feel that the 2 door with driver side back seat deleted will give me all the dry storage I will need, roof rack for the rest.
Great! Now I am back to the drawing board! :p

Sponsored
OP
OP
SuzH

SuzH

Badlands
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.crittear.com
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Right there with ya. I think the answe is first buy what you wife wants, enjoy it and enjoy her lack of complaints. Then in a few years buy a used modified 2 door to have fun with. Then once youve got just right your jealous wife will start wanting to drive it. Then you are back in the 4 door, but atleast you got the most badass wife on the block and she didnt leave you because you wasted all your money on a cramped 2 door and didnt have room to bring the camp toilets and she got a rash all because of you!
But....I am the badass wife! Gun toting, rock climbing, hunting wife! Then what? :p

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Like I keep telling everyone...
Buy the 4-door!!!!

(I want my 2-door to be special.)

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would say 4-door
More roof rack space for stuff
More interior room for stuff
Rear doors give easier access to your stuff
Larger gas tank for more range
Slightly more comfortable ride with longer wheel base for overlanding trips
I’d guess dogs would appreciate the easy access of the rear doors

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Right there with ya. I think the answe is first buy what you wife wants, enjoy it and enjoy her lack of complaints. Then in a few years buy a used modified 2 door to have fun with. Then once youve got just right your jealous wife will start wanting to drive it. Then you are back in the 4 door, but atleast you got the most badass wife on the block and she didnt leave you because you wasted all your money on a cramped 2 door and didnt have room to bring the camp toilets and she got a rash all because of you!
61Zf62HMuHL._SY300_QL70_.jpg

Sponsored

Scooter

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I would like to know what the 2 door will support on the roof. The 4 door is something around 110lbs while moving and 450lbs while parked. I do not want to load the roof up.
Things like poor gas mileage and higher mass start getting affected. Plus the vehicle starts to not fit under heights under 7'

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
But....I am the badass wife! Gun toting, rock climbing, hunting wife! Then what? :p
Oh snap! Sorry there I go telling people what to do without even catching their name. Thats classic me. Well then I say you will have to go see it before you order. With your climbing gear and your gun and room for your kill, you are starting to fill up your 2 door fairly quickly. If you got a partner count up their stuff and see where you land at. I think for overlanding the 4 door is more sensible, but for short camping trips and more aggressive wheeling I would prefer the 2 door.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To each their own, but I had three two door Broncos and that was the worst part of all three. The rear seat access is a pain in the ass and in this case, the cargos space is smaller. The Bronco was cancelled because two doors were and are so unpopular. They look awesome, but they are not very practical. I do pack a lot of stuff and have several hobbies I use my truck for (hunting, motorcycles, PWC, Dogs ride in back etc). If you are using your Bronco the way you mentioned, the two door will have you constantly loading things on the roof or a rear cargo rack.

OP
OP
SuzH

SuzH

Badlands
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.crittear.com
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh snap! Sorry there I go telling people what to do without even catching their name. Thats classic me. Well then I say you will have to go see it before you order. With your climbing gear and your gun and room for your kill, you are starting to fill up your 2 door fairly quickly. If you got a partner count up their stuff and see where you land at. I think for overlanding the 4 door is more sensible, but for short camping trips and more aggressive wheeling I would prefer the 2 door.
Haha.... no worries! Clarification: Rock climbing as in with a vehicle! No way this old gal is doing that scary shit! ??
I think the 4 dr will fit us much better. I just want to order already! ?