Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

FORD TO BEGIN PHASED PRODUCTION AND OPERATIONS RESTART IN NORTH AMERICA MAY 18 WITH ENHANCED SAFETY PROTOCOLS

May 7, 2020 | DEARBORN, Mich.
  • Ford is planning to resume production and operations in North America beginning May 18, taking a phased approach
  • Ford will also begin returning some team members whose jobs cannot be done remotely such as vehicle testing and design, to work beginning May 18, including approximately 12,000 personnel in North America
  • Ford parts distribution centers will resume full operations in North America on May 11 to support Ford dealers in providing service to keep vehicles on the road
  • Robust safety and care measures have been implemented globally to support a safe and healthy environment for the company’s workforce with health assessment measures, personal protective equipment and facility modifications to increase social distancing
Dearborn, Mich., May 7, 2020 – Ford is targeting a phased restart for its North America operations beginning May 18, including restarting vehicle production in North America and bringing back the first wave of employees that are not able to do their jobs remotely.

“We’ve been working intently with state and federal governments, our union partners and a cross-section of our workforce to reopen our North American facilities,” said Jim Farley, Ford’s chief operating officer. “We have reopened our facilities in China, successfully begun our phased restart in Europe and have been producing medical equipment in Michigan for more than six weeks and are using the lessons from all of that to ensure we are taking the right precautions to help keep our workforce here safe.”

In this phased restart, Ford’s North American parts depots will resume full operations on Monday, May 11. On May 18, Ford’s North American assembly plants previously operating on three-shift patterns will return with two-shifts, most two-shift plants will return on one shift and most one-shift plants will operate on one shift. Flat Rock Assembly Plant in Flat Rock, Mich. and Oakville Assembly Complex in Oakville, Ont., are expected to resume production the week of May 25 on one shift. Components plants will restart production as needed to support this plan.

The ramp-up process will be gradual as workers adjust to the new health and safety protocols and the entire supply chain comes up to speed.

“We’ve developed these safety protocols in coordination with our union partners, especially the UAW, and we all know it will take time to adjust to them,” said Gary Johnson, Ford’s Chief Manufacturing and Labor Officer. “We are in this together and plan to return to our normal operating patterns as soon as we are confident the system is ready to support.”

Ford is implementing a staggered approach to bring back approximately 12,000 “location-dependent” employees who are not able to do their jobs remotely, encompassing functions including product development, IT, facilities management and more. The staggered approach allows Ford to effectively implement new safety protocols and provide proper personal protective equipment (PPE) for all employees as they return to work.

To guide the workforce with the new health and safety protocols, Ford has compiled a comprehensive Manufacturing Return to Work Playbook to help protect its workforce, assembled using best practices and input from experts around the world. Some of the safety protocols include:
  • Daily online employee and visitor health self-certifications completed before work every day. Employees or visitors who indicate they may have symptoms or may have been exposed to the virus will be told not to come to Ford facilities.
  • No-touch temperature scans upon arrival – anyone with a raised temperature will not be permitted to enter and will need to be cleared of symptoms before returning to work.
  • Required face masks for everyone entering a Ford facility. Every Ford team member will be provided a care kit including face masks and other items to help keep them healthy and comfortable at work.
  • Safety glasses with side shields or face shields will be required when jobs don’t allow for social distancing.
  • There will be more time between production shifts to limit interaction between employees and allow for additional cleaning.
Ford is producing face masks at Van Dyke Transmission Plant for use at its facilities across North America and face shields at its Troy Design & Manufacturing facility in Plymouth, Mich. Company-provided face masks will be required for anyone working at a Ford site, in line with the company’s global protocols, while safety glasses or face shields will be required in some instances. By producing face masks and face shields, Ford is helping reduce demand on stretched supply chains for personal protection equipment also needed by medical services and other industries.

Employees able to do their jobs remotely will continue to do so until advised otherwise.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Top Mach

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands,1969 Ford Mustang Mach 1,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So how many more weeks till my wife’s Explorer gets here? She ordered it at the end of January. It was supposed to be about eight weeks. Everyone can pick a delivery date. The winner will get a choice of one of ChrispyKC’s three finger combos or a slice of pineapple pizza.

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So how many more weeks till my wife’s Explorer gets here? She ordered it at the end of January. It was supposed to be about eight weeks. Everyone can pick a delivery date. The winner will get a choice of one of ChrispyKC’s three finger combos or a slice of pineapple pizza.
I don't like pineapple pizza. I'm crazy yeah, but not nucking futs. June 23rd, you should get to see it then.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If it's not built, you'll probably see it in August.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like what you've done there. Pineapple pizza topic is a sure way to get us closer to a new leak.

Sponsored

securitysix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'm going to guess July 8th, but once you put pineapple on it, it ceases to be pizza.

Also, I don't think I want any number of ChrispyKC's finger combos....

Rollerstud98

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't like pineapple pizza. I'm crazy yeah, but not nucking futs. June 23rd, you should get to see it then.
I fucked up the other day, ordered through skip the dishes because someone gave me $50 on there. Going through the options and I thought I was choosing dipping sauce so I put ranch. Nope, was ranch sauce in place of pizza sauce. Not great but not terrible.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did someone say Pinapple Pizza?

Top Mach

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here is a big surprise, she can’t find the paperwork. I will look tomorrow. It was just an XLT, comfort package, roof, in whatever they are calling the metallic white this year. Nice thing Ford is doing through this is letting her keep her current Explorer even though the lease was up last month. Keep this between us, they haven’t asked for any additional.............uh....never mind.

Top Mach

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you @ChrispyKC for your offer to help. She still hasn’t found the paperwork but the dealer called today. The truck was unloaded today and we will take delivery on Friday. I have to see if anyone picked the 15th. If not, I will find a way to get the pineapple pizza to @Southern Girl. She will never admit it, but she really wants to try it.
Sponsored