Sponsored

IFS and camber

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford Bronco IFS and camber camber
Sponsored

OP
OP

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Almost looks like they took out the front sway bar. Is there a disconnect in the Ranger Raptor?
Would think no since it's more of a high speed rig........

OP
OP

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Just for fun, here's some road cours / autocross Jeeps.

Ford Bronco IFS and camber DSC_0605

Ford Bronco IFS and camber DSC_0605
My EVO8 does that sometimes on inner rear wheel, too much rear bar.
Coilovers going on next, so I can back off on the bars some.

Sponsored

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

OP
OP

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I believe that's an RTR Fun-Runner:

https://www.drivingline.com/articles/2020-ford-ranger-rtr-fun-runner/

Which apparently has a big-dollar long-travel front suspension from Kibbetech:

https://www.kibbetech.com/collections/offroad
Thanks

They do have these
https://www.kibbetech.com/collections/offroad/products/kibbetech-billet-swaybar-arms

but that pic almost looks like they ditched the sway bar (in front at least).
Couldn't find the Ranger kit on their site.

They do have a "Trophy LTD"
https://www.kibbetech.com/pages/builds

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Looks like we will be seeing some cool Bronco upgrades available. Thanks for posting I remember seeing talk of this truck at KOH but didn't know the details. Looks like a bad ass setup. I like how the lower arms on the Ranger arm made with more clearance the ones for the Silverado on Kibbe's site.
I watched a different utube vid about the RTR with Gittin and Healy in and they explained how they work with Kibbe on the project. So seeing how Healy worked with Ford on the Bronco project it will be exciting to see what the next few weeks will bring us. Interesting to see how it is all tied together.

Looks like I'll have to sell of some stuff to afford to modify my Bronco. :) I guess I just have to let my old school thinking behind. Times change. :unsure:

Thanks again for posting this info guys, the past week has been pretty bad for me and after reading this post it has given me some time to take a step back and take a different perspective on things.

(y)(y)

Last edited:

Dave2002ti

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My EVO8 does that sometimes on inner rear wheel, too much rear bar.
Coilovers going on next, so I can back off on the bars some.
Anti sway bars should only be used to fine tune the handling of a vehcile and never to control body roll. use the smallest diameter bars possible with multiple adjustments. Big bars are a band aid for a poorly put togther suspesnion.

Dave Apker

Sponsored
OP
OP

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Anti sway bars should only be used to fine tune the handling of a vehcile and never to control body roll. use the smallest diameter bars possible with multiple adjustments. Big bars are a band aid for a poorly put togther suspesnion.

Dave Apker
Yeah, I read that 40 years ago too. Was BS for a street car back then, still is. If you want to keep ride quality on the street (without really high quality coil overs), but like really sharp turn in @ even posted speed limits, big bars are the way to go.

My Fusion Sport is a great example. Rides 95% as good as stock (on soft factory adj shock setting), but just summer tires and bars, it sustains well over .9 G's pretty easy and has peaked @ 1.05. Turn in is crazy sharp (way better than it should be for what it is) and it's not that bad for understeer, being a 4000 lb, mostly FWD based, nose heavy pig. Took it on the track once just for fun, did pretty well, keep having to remind myself it was "just" a Fusion (brakes were really not up to the task, but it also only had stock pads). Vid is 93Mg

http://luxjo.supermotors.net/FUSION SPORT/NJMP/THUNDERBOLT/31 MAR 2018/00186.MTS

But yes, now that my EVO is going to see more track time, I will eventually go back to smaller bars, once I get spring rates up.

Dave2002ti

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yeah, I read that 40 years ago too. Was BS for a street car back then, still is. If you want to keep ride quality on the street (without really high quality coil overs), but like really sharp turn in @ even posted speed limits, big bars are the way to go.

My Fusion Sport is a great example. Rides 95% as good as stock (on soft factory adj shock setting), but just summer tires and bars, it sustains well over .9 G's pretty easy and has peaked @ 1.05. Turn in is crazy sharp (way better than it should be for what it is) and it's not that bad for understeer, being a 4000 lb, mostly FWD based, nose heavy pig. Took it on the track once just for fun, did pretty well, keep having to remind myself it was "just" a Fusion (brakes were really not up to the task, but it also only had stock pads). Vid is 93Mg

http://luxjo.supermotors.net/FUSION SPORT/NJMP/THUNDERBOLT/31 MAR 2018/00186.MTS

But yes, now that my EVO is going to see more track time, I will eventually go back to smaller bars, once I get spring rates up.
How many hours of track time do you have? Ever set up a car for the 24 hrs of Daytona? Sebring?? Aint BS. Yeah if you want go way soft on springs and risk the springs going into coil bind or bottoming out. You can go with bigger bars but then the its a band aid for craptastic suspension design. Read Carroll Smith's books. Used to do suspension and shocks tuning for a 934 back in the day for IMSA and in SCCA racing. Used to have a track day E30325i that easily generate over 1g on the skidpad depending on wgat generation of 008RS I was running. My old 78 VW Rabbit with Oettinger 16v head generated over 1g too. Both could be steered using all the pedals.

Anti roll bars should only be used to fine tune not as band aid.

Dave Apker

evoaire

First Edition
First Name
Evoaire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
maybe a bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So what y’all sayin is, Little bars for fancy people. Big bars for rednecks, got it.

OP
OP

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
How many hours of track time do you have? Ever set up a car for the 24 hrs of Daytona? Sebring?? Aint BS. Yeah if you want go way soft on springs and risk the springs going into coil bind or bottoming out. You can go with bigger bars but then the its a band aid for craptastic suspension design. Read Carroll Smith's books. Used to do suspension and shocks tuning for a 934 back in the day for IMSA and in SCCA racing. Used to have a track day E30325i that easily generate over 1g on the skidpad depending on wgat generation of 008RS I was running. My old 78 VW Rabbit with Oettinger 16v head generated over 1g too. Both could be steered using all the pedals.

Anti roll bars should only be used to fine tune not as band aid.

Dave Apker
You missed the entire point about STREET CAR and RIDE QUALITY (and suspension/steering feel, not running 9 or 10/10th's). But hey, carry on.........
Sponsored