Sponsored

Warthog vs Rubicon 392 ( Car and Driver)

Suke996

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition (Reservation)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

RubiTrux in Boone NC won’t be excited to see the 392 Jeep as they do HEMI conversions that exceed $100k....

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey @Administrator ..... can there be a dedicated thread created for the Electric / Lithium / Non-Direct Warthog vs Rubicon 392 discussion?

Asking for a friend.

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This thread is amazing.

Also, that Jeep is gonna be marked up to the stratosphere and MSRP at least 70-75k to start.

Rcarpen22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I had your money I would also have five cars to drive around depending on my mood! LMAO
Ha ha, if you’re waiting for the Warthog, you have as much money as I do if not more?

Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Raptor, 2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
competition is a wonderful thing...

BroncoTRDPro

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner TRD Pro, Grand Cherokee, H3, DMC-12
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am a huge Jeep and Dodge fan mostly because they throw up a collective middle finger to fuel economy. Their answer is always throw a large displacement V8 with a lot of horsepower in an aging products to keep it fresh - see Charger and Challenger. That strategy may come back to bite them with electrification coming and if gas goes up again. Ford canceling all their cars for “SUVs” is another possible bad move. This Jeep 392 is special because we won’t see vehicles like this anymore soon. Also, save the manuals!

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford GT 660 HP 3.5 Ecoboost but Fords not gonna do that. They should at least tune it to 450 with more torque than the 392 Wranglers.

I can’t believe this Jeep is going to come out before we even get our early reservation Broncos. And it’s going to have over 150 more HP than the 2.7. Another Ford fail.
It's not like Ford had to engineer an entire new vehicle or anything.....
Ford is refunding reservations last I checked.

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My favorite part of the 392 pipe-dream is the cost estimate "The 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 will go on sale in the U.S. early next year and should cost around $60,000."....yeah right..if they mean the base version will start at about $62K and work its way up......

TNBronc4344

Badlands
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My favorite part of the 392 pipe-dream is the cost estimate "The 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 will go on sale in the U.S. early next year and should cost around $60,000."....yeah right..if they mean the base version will start at about $62K and work its way up......
My buddy owns a dealership. He has 5 on order. $67-74k is what he told me.

Sponsored

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

the base is 60k, and 1500 for delivery.
Do you want any options? Like a steering wheel and seats? That's 5k... LOL

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think the Warthog will be priced a bit more affordable, only because the raptor is already in that price range. I don't see why the bronco version would be pricier, unless theres something I'm missing.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the Warthog will be priced a bit more affordable, only because the raptor is already in that price range. I don't see why the bronco version would be pricier, unless theres something I'm missing.
Supply and Demand ?

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Supply and Demand ?
Maybe if you mean in regards to ADM, but the Raptor still sells, isn't nearly as hard to find as they used to be, and maintains its price, so still not sure beyond initial release with ADM, what would make it pricier than a raptor?

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe if you mean in regards to ADM, but the Raptor still sells, isn't nearly as hard to find as they used to be, and maintains its price, so still not sure beyond initial release with ADM, what would make it pricier than a raptor?
If they have more demand, they will price it higher. Same thing every manufacturer does with every model. Even the engines, transmissions and packages carry different pricing and different content, based on competitive models and demand. A 2.7 costs less in an F150 than in the Bronco, lots of reasons, but the market is a big part of the equation. Raptor will be facing the TRX, they will have to up their game a bit and pricing will be a tad more competitive with an alternative in the market. TRX will be at a premium for the next 8 to 12 months, because no competitive product until the 22 Raptor debuts. Dodge will either adjust pricing or add content when the market changes.
Sponsored