2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone know if the camera comes on anytime? My Raptor only works when in 4wd low.
My aftermarket one on my f150 and grand cherokee comes on any time under 15mph or can turn on manually. I hope its not only set up to come on in 4low.
Sponsored

Deadfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F350, 2007 HD Road King, 2013 370Z
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We know on the Badlands overlander build the winch blocks the front Camera.

I have a First Edition reservation and while doing the Build and Price, noticed the front bumper brush guard looks like it will also block the front camera.

In the reservation picture from 7/13, the brush guard seems to block the whole Bronco logo where the Camera sits, the picture from the Build and Price seems to be a different design but still seems to block the camera.

What are your thoughts?

Screenshot_20201101-082356_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200713-231520_Chrome.jpg
Speaking of the brush guard, has anybody experienced this:

Ford Bronco Mike levine confirms that winch will block camera view 1604300467048

I'm currently building a 4D BL Sasquatch with a 2.7 and get this crazy message. And how is there no price change??

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Old news. Ford stated a few weeks back that they know about the winch issue and are working with Warn about moving the remote box to the side instead of the top. This should fix at least most of the issue.
Also Uncle Mike is using the same old line of “we’re listening”. I don’t think his word carries much weight anymore.
The whole winch is in the way, not just the antenna module.

These two pieces of equipment are meant for the same user, but it is blatantly obvious their design is incompatible. I have to wonder if other major accessories are just as foolishly designed, like a bike rack that forgot you have a spare tire in the back, etc.

Midnight1

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford f150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Aftermarket to the rescue. Buy a WT with the plastic bumper and replace with a proper bumper where the winch is in the Bumper
do you think aftermarket bumpers will have the sensors like in the ford steel bumper? I'm thinking of adding the modular or capable bumper to the WT so I get the use of the features that rely on the sensors.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

These two pieces of equipment are meant for the same user, but it is blatantly obvious their design is incompatible. I have to wonder if other major accessories are just as foolishly designed, like a bike rack that forgot you have a spare tire in the back, etc.
Antenna module? Do you mean the solenoid?

Sponsored

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

That's what the separate 12" receiver extension is for LOL

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

do you think aftermarket bumpers will have the sensors like in the ford steel bumper? I'm thinking of adding the modular or capable bumper to the WT so I get the use of the features that rely on the sensors.
I spoke to the guys at Warn - yes the parking sensors will be transferrable to an aftermarket bumper - HOWEVER - if you have the co-pilot 360 collision warning system/lane departure etc the software will not be compatible with their aftermarket bumpers (I was asking specifically about Ascent and Elite lines) This was a major disappointment - with my Lux loaded WT I would basically cause the copilot 360 to fail as a result of a longer bumper apparently...so I am getting the capable bumper from the beginning. I'll wait and see what happens with winch and bumper offerings and then adjust from there - but it didn't look promising.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I spoke to the guys at Warn - yes the parking sensors will be transferrable to an aftermarket bumper - HOWEVER - if you have the co-pilot 360 collision warning system/lane departure etc the software will not be compatible with their aftermarket bumpers (I was asking specifically about Ascent and Elite lines) This was a major disappointment - with my Lux loaded WT I would basically cause the copilot 360 to fail as a result of a longer bumper apparently...so I am getting the capable bumper from the beginning. I'll wait and see what happens with winch and bumper offerings and then adjust from there - but it didn't look promising.
So here is the question though... do you think the Capable Bumper (comes with Fog Lights) actually DOES allow for all the 360 Features and BLIS? It would not be the first time Ford has added an accessory that disrupts a feature (cough cough like the Modular)

I was 100% planning on waiting for aftermarket... but now I wonder if I should not spend the 1k just so I know everything in my High/Lux package will work with it.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

So here is the question though... do you think the Capable Bumper (comes with Fog Lights) actually DOES allow for all the 360 Features and BLIS? It would not be the first time Ford has added an accessory that disrupts a feature (cough cough like the Modular)

I was 100% planning on waiting for aftermarket... but now I wonder if I should not spend the 1k just so I know everything in my High/Lux package will work with it.
Didn't really think they could screw it up that horribly, but now that you mention it...all good questions to find out.

Midnight1

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford f150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

if the ford bumpers work with all of the options I think I'll go with them instead of chancing some of the High/Lux features not working with an aftermarket one. Just have to hope a winch comes along that will work or I'll just not have one and get other things to put on like more lights.

Sponsored

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

if the ford bumpers work with all of the options I think I'll go with them instead of chancing some of the High/Lux features not working with an aftermarket one. Just have to hope a winch comes along that will work or I'll just not have one and get other things to put on like more lights.
Yeah - I look at it this way - if I did stock and aftermarket- I'd still have an extra bumper, by going capable now - I save the added freight cost of getting it later and if aftermarket doesn't work - no extra bumper.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Along those lines... Unlike the modular, the capable is under a different section. So does this mean it does not come from the factory and you have to wait for the dealer to install it? (So extra dealer delays)

Mitten2Mountains

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Veloster Turbo / '07 Heep JKU RubiCLONE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Listen guys...this is literally the dummest thing we have discussed. The solution is simple AF, and Jeep has got it all wrong too. When you wheel the hairy stuff you don't aim the middle of the truck on a line to get through...you AIM the tires. the solution is a L and R camera in line w/the L and R wheel! Use a split screen display to show the whole picture or allow the driver to switch between the L and R as he/she feels one side needs more attention. Think about it...having the camera mounted in the center is like having a rifle w/a bad scope...sure if you know your point of impact is gonna be 18" to the left, then you might be able to hit something...but it sure would be nice to have the crosshairs right on the target wouldn't it? GEEZ I gotta think of everything? These cameras have gotten so cheap these days and a rookie software programmer could probably make the necessary changes, what am I missing here?
Actually this is perfectly stated.. Front view is useless. Dual side views on mirror facing forward would be much better.

kimmnen

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect & '22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With the front camera issue, maybe need to look at a Ford Hood Emblem and move the camera to it. Camera is incorporated on other models. Just a thought.
Ford Bronco Mike levine confirms that winch will block camera view cameraF1x
Ford Bronco Mike levine confirms that winch will block camera view cameraF2x
Ford Bronco Mike levine confirms that winch will block camera view camera1
Ford Bronco Mike levine confirms that winch will block camera view camera2
Sponsored