Sponsored

Going with Plan Z after the build and price update. did this happen to you aswell???

Pie Grande

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco (eventually)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not sure if the update is final, probably not
this made me realize I had to make a new plan, scratch plan b and c
I wanted Base Squatch, but after update and the price hike, I was thinking of just looking elsewhere. (ZR2 rado *cough cough*)
but i really want my bronco :(

so now my new plan is a 4 door base, MIC top, and that's it. Ill be saving about $6K
Wheels and Tires will be aftermarket
never really needed squatch goodies, just liked the look but I like my base simple like this anyways

Any of you created a plan z to not give up on your bronco?????

Before: After :
Ford Bronco Going with Plan Z after the build and price update. did this happen to you aswell??? 1608606198779
Ford Bronco Going with Plan Z after the build and price update. did this happen to you aswell??? 1608606167009
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

After all the bitching a d whining I did about my black diamond build goi g up in price I’m still getting it but instead of adding the uograded wheels for 995 I’m just going to get the steel wheels instead to lower it some and just buy some black rhino wheels for it. I still don’t think it’s wright what Ford did. Who knows maybe they will see all the complaining and do what’s wright for the customers

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had settled for the 2door Basesquatch as the best bang for the buck, but now it's close enough to the BL that I might as well bump up. I'm still good and all in. Besides, things will most likely change again on B&P so not going to wrap myself around the axle about it now.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not sure if the update is final, probably not
this made me realize I had to make a new plan, scratch plan b and c
I wanted Base Squatch, but after update and the price hike, I was thinking of just looking elsewhere. (ZR2 rado *cough cough*)
but i really want my bronco :(

so now my new plan is a 4 door base, MIC top, and that's it. Ill be saving about $6K
Wheels and Tires will be aftermarket
never really needed squatch goodies, just liked the look but I like my base simple like this anyways

Any of you created a plan z to not give up on your bronco?????

Before: After :
Ford Bronco Going with Plan Z after the build and price update. did this happen to you aswell??? 1608606167009

View attachment 72789
Just put more money away before it arrives and get what you want if you add lift your self and all the other stuff it might be more than your base squatch a d not warranted

Sponsored

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My plans changed I think. Was going back and forth between BD steelies or Sas. But now that Sas is no longer viable as it costs more than WT I am waffling between Bas Sas, BD steellie, and WT w/free ugly interior.

talbot

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr BL AMB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was flipping between 2 dr and 4dr BD, and a 2dr BL
with the B&P updates and the tops I've pretty much landed on a 2dr BD with black top
I don't have a res, so I'm waiting a while anyways

Old Guy

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This wont be a popular decision, but you know, your plan Z still is a very nice Bronco, that will go most everywhere you want.

I think it looks good and you will really like it. Will you wish you had the Sas sometimes, yep, but we all do that, no matter what we get.

Good luck

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This wont be a popular decision, but you know, your plan Z still is a very nice Bronco, that will go most everywhere you want.

I think it looks good and you will really like it. Will you wish you had the Sas sometimes, yep, but we all do that, no matter what we get.

Good luck
Getting rid of Sasquatch will free up money for other things or even move up a model. Turn a negative into a positive.

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I thought you meant you were going to go "Z plan" and my first thought was asking why you didn't plan on that from the beginning. Now i understand.

Sponsored

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I always factored an additional $1595 for the auto trans into my budget. It really shouldn’t be a surprise that you’re not getting an automatic transmission for free.
Same here. I always expected the price increase but it would've been a nice bonus if it were free. When I saw the price increase of almost $9K I wasn't happy and was probably going to cancel. But seeing as Mike Levine (take it for what it's worth) said it was a mistake and it'll be corrected again I'll cautiously wait it out. $7385 is still a god deal for the SAS in the Base model but if they pull this again with another increase I'm done.

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I like to think of the transmission being included at no additional charge rather than free. I thought that way because for 58 days it was shown as much. I am no longer tempted by the value of the Sasquatch on the Badlands (which wasn’t the best value for that trim to begin with). Current plan is to drop the V6/10spd altogether and go 2DR Lux Badlands 7MT in Cyber Orange. Current MSRP is $49,270. Roughly $6k lower than V6 Squatch and $3.5k lower than V6. Let’s see if that price holds.

Initially lack of xplan and lack of additional charge for auto kind of cancelled each other out in my mind. I was such a sweet, summer child...

Skip2a

Black Diamond
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Everyone knew the "Free" tranny or the mythical $300 combo was a mistake from the beginning. It is what it is. I have tried several different builds to save some money but leaving the BD just isn't the way I want to go. I want the dash picatinny rail installed at the factory but other than that there are not other accessories I really need. I may use my Ford Bucks towards a drop down table on the tail gate or a push bar. As long as Ford doesn't add any additional charges before mid January everything should be good. I'm looking up to a year or maybe more for delivery so that gives me lots of time to sock away more bronco cash.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh I ranted HARD that night, but in the end, The Base Squatch is still a bargain and affordable to me ... plus the price raise might push me to just wait for ManSquatch to appear.

One unintended consequence... as a result, I eyeballed the Basebase and that $30k bottom line is really appealing.
If I can confirm 33's will bolt right on... who knows.
This is the version Ford does not want you to buy.

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I've never bought a truck where the auto trans was free. So I always expected to pay more than whatever the B&P was telling me when it came up with 0$ for the AT.

(but the 10 speed auto trans was only $500 more on my 2017 F-150)
Sponsored