First Name
william
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 ford raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think all the fury comes down to if these were the right prices all along, why did it take them 2 months to fix? If somehow coded wrong at launch, they'd have taken it down and fix it immediately. It's not like it was a big redesign. It was most likely updating a table that had a price in it. Oh and we had a few comments about the prices being accurate from employees before.

So because they didn't immediately pull the site down, a lot are left assuming ford looked at all their data of builds on B&P and figured they underpriced the bronco and adjusted accordingly. It feels slimy and disingenuous.

Part of me wonders as to cause. My bet would be they think they can only build 100k units but they have 200k reservation. I'm making up/guessing on the numbers. Losing people who would want to buy the car but can't because they can't make enough isn't ideal but why not maximize profits on the 100k you can make?

It's questionably sound as a long term strategy but hey new CEO with a publicly traded company, long term plan might not look as good as hitting targets per quarter sadly.
I don’t think physically making the bronco would be an issue. They make 13500 Ford F-150 a day. If you just made 10000 Broncos a day you would make 200000 in just 20 days. Even if they only made 5000 a day it wouldn’t or shouldn’t take a full year for everyone to get their bronco. On average Ford makes 9000 vehicles a day. Yes the bronco is new but the engine isn’t and ford makes new models every 5 years so a new bronco shouldn’t be an issue. Parts and raw materials might be an issue because of covid but it seems Ford is mostly worried about the tops for now. The reason I think building the Bronco won’t take long is because Ford would lose more money per bronco sold than it’s worth to build them. Let’s say they only make 1000 Broncos a day in that same time they could have built 5000 mustangs or 13000 f150. I’m sure all the Broncos we see in pics online are part of test runs and they are fine tuning everything.
Sponsored

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So because they didn't immediately pull the site down, a lot are left assuming ford looked at all their data of builds on B&P and figured they underpriced the bronco and adjusted accordingly. It feels slimy and disingenuous.
Yup. I feel like Ford is stringing us along. I have a feeling the real price gouging rolls out in the January B&P.

Ford secret game plan:
Cancel X-Plan.......... check
Put out a fake B&P with ambiguities and errors.......... check
Secretly implement allocation policy to re-order customer reservations......... check
Keep customers guessing with sneak views of future products and colors......... ongoing
Send out a ford points coupon as a distraction........... check
Secretly raise ambiguous MY21 B&P prices to soften impact of January increases........... check
Change to MY22 intro and roll out real B&P with full MY22 price increases....... pending (Jan 2021)

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah. Looks like F150 Max Tow Package is increasing around 50% ($1350 +645 -> $1995). This is one of the packages with supply chain issues and high demand. Starting to sense a theme. :(

And Bronco Sport is going up $160 across the board. Nice! Real nice!

Last edited:

Sponsored

Drinxxs04

Outer Banks
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well said...my postings have minimized as it’s become a forum to hate everything.

Don’t like it cool. Move on, go somewhere else. I’ll stick with it, make my bronco the best I can and then aftermarket customize for the next few years to make it mine....just like all classic restores or cars that have a connection.

Holy shit some if y’all need to grow up. Ever heard the term “don’t shoot the messenger”? Acting like Mike personally increased the cost of your Bronco. At least he is communicating and answering questions.

Sometimes I swear this community is it’s own worst enemy.

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Nah, lots of people liking lots of things about the Broncos, people mostly drooling over the pics. They cant wait to get one.

People are for the most part understanding, delays suck and some get more upset, but it wasn't overwhelming.

What people don't like is being lied to or taken advantage of. And that's what we have here.

No one really thought the auto trans was free....but they never corrected it, said it was right, said it was a steal....after two months, they either decided to take advantage of the situation or corrected their gross incompetence after lieing for two months. Which ever it is, it not being received well at all.

Two months...too long.

Jagopr

Outer Banks
First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well this is gonna make a whole lot of people happy .... I wonder what else still needs to be fixed
But base 4drs already comes with 10-speed standard, why charging it again? It should be 5790 for base 4drs Sasquatch

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Canceled it once before and took a test drive for a Zr2. Liked the Zr2 but my friends talked me back into the Bronco. Bet I will and Bet I’ll put up pics.
Pics or it didn't happen

Balthezor

Badlands
First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm still getting one.

Sponsored

aternie

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
But base 4drs already comes with 10-speed standard, why charging it again? It should be 5790 for base 4drs Sasquatch
Did you notice they also increased the base 4dr starting price as well. My 4dr base sasquatch is now $4k more than it was two days ago. Thats a 10% increase in price overnight.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

A trans for free would be because it was inclusive in the price of the engine. It is done with other manufacturers as well as Ford on other models.
True if we're talking about the V6, but you can have the Sasquatch with the I4.

How Ford's rock star rocket scientist genius coders can't do simple arithmetic is beyond me.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Did you notice they also increased the base 4dr starting price as well. My 4dr base sasquatch is now $4k more than it was two days ago. Thats a 10% increase in price overnight.
My build went up $1,595(base msrp), the options i chose stayed the same.
Sponsored