First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not telling U.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
What about the MGV seats? They look higher grade and function better daily than cloth.
Sponsored

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

All of you are forgetting the steel rear bumper on BL. This is not gettable on the WT or the OBX unless you buy a takeoff later).

So they main differences are Steel rear bumper and sway bar disco. This is without considering MGV (vs cloth), washout floors, carb grey grill vs gloss black, MIC black mirror caps vs gloss black, MIC black door handles vs body color.

Comes down to needs and personal preference.

Edit, was typing this as @BroncoBoy22 was the first to mention this. Just surprised it took 15 posts for someone to call out this major difference.

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What about the MGV seats? They look higher grade and function better daily than cloth.
My personal opinion, that remains to be seen. The "MGV" seats haven't been used in a production vehicle like this, where as cloth have for years in Jeeps. So I don't know if we can call the ball on that just yet.

KJR50

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not telling U.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You need to make sure you match all features So its really apples to apples.

I have been doing the exact same thing and my pricing is very close Between the 3.

OB / BL / WT. 2 door

All have
10 speed auto
MIC top
Advanced 4x4
High package
Heavy Duty Bumper
Bash plates
Aux Switches
floor mats

Note: must add those to get to similar specs Due to each having different standard items.

OBX - $50610
Badlands: $52525
Wildtracks: $50755

Differences
OBX: cloth seats, carpeted floor
Badlands: Marine Vinyl, rubber floor with drains, stabilizer bar (possibly rock rails unclear)
Wildtracks: cloth seats, carpeted floor

So badlands is a little under $2k with similar available specs more BUT has the disconnect bar, MGV and the washout floor. Those are probably worth 2k to me. Honestly dont really care about the disconnect for my uses but like the MGV and rubber floor. Also probably like interior color more in badlands.

Also I will probably not squach mine so it would be $50030 for badlands with above specs minus sas.
rock rails included, if you check under the standard features section.

1755E170-025A-4085-BB0F-B0E7F82F7817.jpeg

ssstang67

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 & 2011 Mustang 2012 F-150 Harley
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wildtrak was what I initially wanted and I would switch back in a heartbeat if they fixed the interior and added MGV, same goes for OBX. After seeing/feeling how nice the MGV in person I’m set on it.
Did u get to sit on the MGV? If like to know if it has a sticky feel to it or smooth like the leather?

Sponsored

Hokie_98

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW M2, 2019 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Think anyone considering a squatch-Badlands and a Wildtrak ends up in the same boat of "man if the WT interior didn't suck"
Yes, this exactly. The Wildtrak is appearing to make much more sense. It needs the mgv option though (in solid colors, stop with all the 2 tone madness Ford, WTF). Guess I'm more in to the 2.7 and Sasquatch than bash plates and the modular bumper. The plastic bumper is appealing as it appears it could take a beating, and could be easily swapped. It also has fog lights.

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, this exactly. The Wildtrak is appearing to make much more sense. It needs the mgv option though (in solid colors, stop with all the 2 tone madness Ford, WTF). Guess I'm more in to the 2.7 and Sasquatch than bash plates and the modular bumper. The plastic bumper is appealing as it appears it could take a beating, and could be easily swapped. It also has fog lights.
I'm completely on the fence between doing a loaded WT or a loaded BL....one minute I'm OK with the WT interior the next I'm not. Mainly because every vehicle I've had has had a black interior..might be time for a change. Agreed though, I don't know why Ford is being goofy with the interiors. Why not offer a palette of colors for all but the FE, then offer different interior accent colors.

KJR50

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not telling U.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My personal opinion, that remains to be seen. The "MGV" seats haven't been used in a production vehicle like this, where as cloth have for years in Jeeps. So I don't know if we can call the ball on that just yet.
True, we have not seen this exact “MGV” in any vehicles yet.

Here’s my personal experiences with vinyl seats in production vehicles, MB 190E (mb Tex/leatherette or something ) and Toyota Prius (Sof-Tex). Both feel like leather, holding up great no cracking, no excessive wear (still like new) or unsightly wrinkling like leather seats in my other cars (Nissan w/Napa, Porsche w/Connelly and Miata/???). So, vinyl in general is not new to the automotive industry.

Sponsored

Grooticus

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Your analysis is correct. That price difference is worth it to me though for the following reasons:

- Can’t stand the regular plastic rear bumper on the WT
- Can’t stand the interior color scheme on the WT
- Prefer MGV over cloth and leather

My badlands price will be even higher because I’ll be opting for shadow black mod top ?
If you get a black Bronco you can get painted body color hard top and a soft top for less money...

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This cloth is more similar to a duck canvas than cloth. It repels water well. It is not duck canvas, but certainly is not simple automotive cloth material.

Bestdayever

Base
First Name
- -Soupbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor.. Boss302..Edge Sport..Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Base
I put together similar equipment on all Broncos: 2.7, auto, steel bumper, sasquatch and similar level packages.
Badlands: $51365.
Widltrak: $51255.
Outer Banks: $50915.
Blk.Diamond: $48480.
Big Bend: $47140.
Bronco Base: $42355.
They are all Broncos. You just have to determine the interior preferences and the value of the trick items of each model. The average person couldn't tell a Base from a Badlands looking at them in a parking lot. Merry Christmas
Ford Bronco WildTrak vs. Badlands vs. OBX OIP

Last edited:

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s smooth, not sticky at all. I like it better than leather honestly
If you got a chance to sit in it, I'm curious if you feel like it has as much 'give' as leather... the pictures I've seen make it look very firm, flat/angular, and not very comfortable if that makes sense - I like to do road trips, and like how compliant leather is.. I don't want to be sitting on something that doesn't 'form' to my shape.

KJR50

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not telling U.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This cloth is more similar to a duck canvas than cloth. It repels water well. It is not duck canvas, but certainly is not simple automotive cloth material.
Not aware of this. Is this the same cloth in Jeep’s?
Sponsored