Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How long does a dealership legally have to wait, before they can begin selling your ordered and delivered Bronco to others? Can they hold it indefinitely? Or after x amount of days can they assume the customer abandoned the sale ?

Just a question that came to mind, since I didn't see it addressed and also have nothing better to do at the moment.

Anybody know ?

EDIT:
To save you a read through the thread::,

- Tesla holds your vehicle for 48 hours before they begin selling your ordered Tesla to the public and you loss your order according to @Megawatt
- someone's Ford dealership also verbally told them they will give 48 hours for him to pickup their Bronco but they will work with you to extend according to @Daktari
- Fords official stance may be "30 days from delivery" according to @nvabill
Sponsored

Last edited:

Hjhof

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m sure any reputable dealer will make arrangements with the customer if they are out of the country or something. If the buyer doesn’t communicate in any way shape or form and doesn’t seem to want their bronco? Different story

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Breach of contract is not what you would call a crime, it is a civil matter, so...they can sell the darn thing out from under you when it is in transit and you could sue to get back any deposit if they did not want to give the deposit back. Since not buying a particular car cannot really damage you, that would generally be the extent of what you could do. Worst case is you lose the deposit and pay court costs, best case you get it back and pay court costs for filing. (State laws on civil suits vary)

Sponsored
OP
OP
Vigor

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They can't sell it to anyone other than the ordering party without taking a hit on their future allotment or so I'm told. They will wait.
I see. So [hypothetically] if they tell me it's delivered October 1st 2021, and I don't go until march 2022, that Bronco will still be there?

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Coworker ordered a Tesla. He got the call to pick it up months later. He was given 48 hours to come get it or it would of been sold to some else.

ScrunchFace

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What’s the benefit of going to such a far dealer?

Litenin75

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I see. So [hypothetically] if they tell me it's delivered October 1st 2021, and I don't go until march 2022, that Bronco will still be there?
HAHA 6 months, not a chance. But I figure they will wait a couple weeks to not take the allotment hit.

OP
OP
Vigor

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
HAHA 6 months, not a chance. But I figure they will wait a couple weeks to not take the allotment hit.
Yeah that's what I'm getting at. WHAT specifically is their threshold. Is it defined?? Is it determined per dealership basis or does FoMoCo determine it? Im sure when you sign at ordering time, they spell it out for you

"Customer must retrieve vehicle within 6 weeks" or whatever

Sponsored
OP
OP
Vigor

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Coworker ordered a Tesla. He got the call to pick it up months later. He was given 48 hours to come get it or it would of been sold to some else.
Ahhhh. Yikes.. see thats the kind of detail that i wonder Is out there, for the bronco

Montana Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Why don’t you (hypothetically) pay them on Oct 2nd 2021 ? And then pay them a reason amount for storing your car for 6 months ?

Business is business. What you are (hypothetically) proposing sounds like freeloading to me. I’m curious what business you are in and if you would tolerate one of your customers behaving in that manner.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is a total non-problem in this day and age. I bought a house in the US from a Navy destroyer in the Persian Gulf.

Yeah. I ordered a new BMW built and delivered to a German dealership while in the US. It was waiting for me the day I arrived. I bought a house in Arkansas while living in Germany.
If you have internet, you can conduct business.
Sponsored