Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, F150, VW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bro you're on a forum hyping what is essentially a wrangler twin with a Ford badge. Lets calm down. And the front is the only iffy part of the defender. sides and back are fire
You *like* the back? I just canā€™t get over how strangely flat it feels. I like the front 3/4 view... but the rear is not easy on my eyes.

Montana Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This entire thread is a testament to most peopleā€™s inability to do simple math and follow directions.

Blitzinger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Base
You *like* the back? I just canā€™t get over how strangely flat it feels. I like the front 3/4 view... but the rear is not easy on my eyes.
Thatā€™s fair. Defender has received a ton of flack about redesign. The back IMO reminds me more of old defender. Some people like the new redesign, some donā€™t. Some think itā€™s too round, others think too boxy. Thy had an impossible task of appeasing critics

_finack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Really wasn't cross shopping much but with the recent increase pushing the BL above what I wanted to spend and the WT interior that I really do not like, the 4xe Rubi pricing may get me to change.
For anyone unhappy with the Wildtrack seat covers, remember that you can always have aftermarket seat covers installed for ~$1500.

My Mom wanted an Escape, but the only one she liked on the lot had cloth seats and she wanted leather. The dealer had aftermarket leather seat covers installed as part of the purchase and the aftermarket leather was honestly much nicer than what Ford offers from the factory.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
4xe is a disaster waiting to happen.
The clowns at FCA can't even make a reliable gas powered vehicle. Add a battery and you got a whole new can of worms.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The clowns at FCA can't even make a reliable gas powered vehicle. Add a battery and you got a whole new can of worms.
2 FCA (2015 ecodiesel & 2018 3.6) jeep grand cherokees, 75k miles, only issue was dead nav unit that was replaced in first month of ownership.

1 F150 (2017 3.5 EB/10speed), 43k miles, only 20+ issues and been at the dealership 5 times during that period for multiple issues at one time.

i love my Ford but damn...my wifeā€™s grand cherokees have definitely been more reliable, especially when on trips.

cmb

Wildtrak
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

2 FCA (2015 ecodiesel & 2018 3.6) jeep grand cherokees, 75k miles, only issue was dead nav unit that was replaced in first month of ownership.

1 F150 (2017 3.5 EB/10speed), 43k miles, only 20+ issues and been at the dealership 5 times during that period for multiple issues at one time.

i love my Ford but damn...my wifeā€™s grand cherokees have definitely been more reliable, especially when on trips.
Same experience here have had many Jeeps with really very few issues. The couple friends I have that drive Fords are always having some issue with them.

I do really like the Bronco and still am looking to get one but I must say I am not 100% confident it will be a well built vehicle. This has been the first time I have looked at buying a Ford and really have not been impressed overall with the company, a number of Ford driving friends warned me about this going in.

Last edited:

cmb

Wildtrak
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

For anyone unhappy with the Wildtrack seat covers, remember that you can always have aftermarket seat covers installed for ~$1500.

My Mom wanted an Escape, but the only one she liked on the lot had cloth seats and she wanted leather. The dealer had aftermarket leather seat covers installed as part of the purchase and the aftermarket leather was honestly much nicer than what Ford offers from the factory.
That is true but it doesn't fix the dash.

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Latest Consumer Reports data shows both Ram and Jeep as higher reliability than Ford. Ford has always been a mid to low in reliability surveys - certainly nothing to brag about.

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford has always been a mid to low in reliability surveys - certainly nothing to brag about.

Where Ford's fleet ranks "in segment" by Car & Driver:

Mustang #4
Fusion #13
EcoSport #19
Escape #10
Edge #20
Explorer #11
Expedition #5

Not a pretty picture

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Where Ford's fleet ranks "in segment" by Car & Driver:

Mustang #4
Fusion #13
EcoSport #19
Escape #10
Edge #20
Explorer #11
Expedition #5

Not a pretty picture
That is the other side of coin - C&Dā€˜s ratings have nothing to do with reliability. But yes, not a great showing. F-150 is typically near the head of itsā€˜ pack, even though overtaken by Ram for top spot nowadays.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
C&Dā€˜s ratings have nothing to do with reliability. But yes, not a great showing.
Agreed. And possibly a foreshadowing of further retrenchment in Ford offerings. Mediocracy is not a winning strategy...especially on a fast track with many competitors.

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
from the google: ā€œA thermostat is a component which senses the temperature of a physical system and performs actions so that the system's temperature is maintained near a desired setpoint.ā€ Aka electric automatic temperature control, a feature that requires a big bend mid, which is $8 k more than a base. The last thermostat in my house was $20 and worked great. I did just get anew one for like $1500 that is insane. Phone controlled and modulating. Fuck Iā€™d pay Ford 1500 for a thermostat, they are modulating in cars. But 8k ouchie. A almost bought a sport s a couple months ago with auto climate and heated seats new for $28k, but the dealer wouldnā€™t send a porter to deliver it to my house and I had a 12 hour workday that day (partially from online car shopping haha). Shit was gone a couple weeks later when I got around to it. Ford wants 38k.
from the google: ā€œA thermostat is a component which senses the temperature of a physical system and performs actions so that the system's temperature is maintained near a desired setpoint.ā€ Aka electric automatic temperature control, a feature that requires a big bend mid, which is $8 k more than a base. The last thermostat in my house was $20 and worked great. I did just get anew one for like $1500 that is insane. Phone controlled and modulating. Fuck Iā€™d pay Ford 1500 for a thermostat, they are modulating in cars. But 8k ouchie. A almost bought a sport s a couple months ago with auto climate and heated seats new for $28k, but the dealer wouldnā€™t send a porter to deliver it to my house and I had a 12 hour workday that day (partially from online car shopping haha). Shit was gone a couple weeks later when I got around to it. Ford wants 38k.
Ok, so I get y'all's correlation to a "thermostat" now, but it's not the right term. It's like the other thread where everyone is calling ride height "rake" which is equally an inappropriate term for discussing ride height. It just seemed like people thought a $20 thermostat converted standard to auto A/C. Hopefully they don't...

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Same experience here have had many Jeeps with really very few issues. The couple friends I have that drive Fords are always having some issue with them.

I do really like the Bronco and still am looking to get one but I must say I am not 100% confident it will be a well built vehicle. This has been the first time I have looked at buying a Ford and really have not been impressed overall with the company, a number of Ford driving friends warned me about this going in.
Gf has a 2019 jl wrangler zero issues on 35s daily driver,im getting base man sas we will have the best of both hopefully the bronc is trouble free as a first year model.
Sponsored