Sponsored

What's Bronco missing that "high tech / lux SUVs" have?

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just hope the driver and passenger sun shades are large enough to block glare.
Having vented seat would be nice but can do without.
Pretty sure the two door seat price thing will be fixed at some point. Not sure if it's been mentioned before, would imagine having a two door with power seats would really suck if you had back seat passengers and there was a fire or your Bronco ended up in water.
Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I like how I make a thread about the Bronco actually having a lot of luxuries and not missing much and there are pretty much only 2 replies spread over 6 pages:

1) Power/cooled seats would be nice
vs
2) OMG HOW DARE YOU! THIS IS MADE FOR OFF ROAD, LET ME CRANK MY DAMN WINDOWS DOWN AND STEP ON THE FLOOR TURN SIGNALS/WIPERS! GO BUY A LINCOLN!
Well, I really do like a floor-mounted high beam switch, which Lincolns did have back in the day... ;)

But I think the option packages offered Mid, High, and Lux are grouped well depending on customer preference; they cover from off-road rig to Mall Crawler. Like I said in another post, heated seats are not going to keep you warm on a cool night with the top and doors off.

You can make a New Bronco a factory Resto-Mod if you want, or a big-tire status statement if you want. Heck, glue on a few Lincoln badges if that's your fancy :LOL:

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well, I really do like a floor-mounted high beam switch, which Lincolns did have back in the day... ;)

But I think the option packages offered Mid, High, and Lux are grouped well depending on customer preference; they cover from off-road rig to Mall Crawler. Like I said in another post, heated seats are not going to keep you warm on a cool night with the top and doors off.

You can make a New Bronco a factory Resto-Mod if you want, or a big-tire status statement if you want. Heck, glue on a few Lincoln badges if that's your fancy :LOL:
I see this term mall crawler. And yes I know what it means. But in this day and age of amazon and pandemics, people can get a lot of shopping done online. I feel mall crawler is fast becoming an antiquated term.

Can we rename it to brewery crawler, or dunkin donut drive through crawler lol. Idk ??‍♂

Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I see this term mall crawler. And yes I know what it means. But in this day and age of amazon and pandemics, people can get a lot of shopping done online. I feel mall crawler is fast becoming an antiquated term.

Can we rename it to brewery crawler, or dunkin donut drive through crawler lol. Idk ??‍♂
I just used it because everyone here does. I never heard it before I joined B6G. :LOL:

Mickey D's Crawler...?

Packman

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Mustang Pace Car
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The only tech I’ll be missing is memory power seats... the Mrs is 5’1” and I’m 6’1” and that memory feature comes in real handy.

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Even mall crawlers still get stuck from time to time. :ROFLMAO:

enhanced-buzz-31303-1333378927-80-1200x800.jpg

Tortuga353

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Question answered. Nothing and if you’re asking you’re wrong.

I like how I make a thread about the Bronco actually having a lot of luxuries and not missing much and there are pretty much only 2 replies spread over 6 pages:

1) Power/cooled seats would be nice
vs
2) OMG HOW DARE YOU! THIS IS MADE FOR OFF ROAD, LET ME CRANK MY DAMN WINDOWS DOWN AND STEP ON THE FLOOR TURN SIGNALS/WIPERS! GO BUY A LINCOLN!

Tortuga353

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is the point. This is the option that offers off-road prowess and a number of creature comfort and luxury items. Is it perfect, maybe not, maybe, but not for everyone. But it is pretty well placed in the market it was targeted.

Sure, some extras could be an option but at this point I’ll be just happy to get one middle of 2021. The rest hunting for perfect options can wait and possibly never get them. I’ll choose to enjoy with my top off late next summer (hopefully).

Well thats the trick, it does not exist. land rovers and gwagons are pretty capable offroaders, but no open top option. Its like concluding no one wants a thing because no one has a thing, but that thing doesnt exist to have.

Obviously a wash out interior is incompatible with a "luxury" interior, but plenty of broncos will not have washout interiors. Of course... maybe a teak flooring option? that would be something to see... but would cost a fortune, and while it might be "washable" might not be "rugged".

Sponsored

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Missing luxury options :

1. ventilated seats. It’s honestly rediculous this is not included with the $2200 up charge for leather trimmed vynil on a $60k truck.
2. Built in keyless entry pad using hidden buttons.
3. insulated glass.Every little bit helps, and it’s a standard thing on cars in this price range.

Edumakated

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think the reality is the vast majority of purchasers of these vehicles want the aesthetics / look of an off roader, but the comforts of a luxury sedan.

Most of Broncos will never so much as drive over a curb. As a future buyer, I will likely never use lockers / GOAT modes or even 1/10th of the off road capability. However, I will use heated seats, etc daily.

I think Ford is missing a segment that wants the look but the other luxury touches.

Mercedes G Wagon figured this out... However, those are priced way too high and turned the car into a joke regardless of the capability.

Ford, Toyota, Jeep, etc are missing a segment that would happily pay a premium within reason to get the look, but still have some of the nice comforts we've come to expect. Give the off road tires, the lift, better interiors, etc...

They call this segment the PROsumer market.... or Tacticool purchasers. Those that want the features to look the part, but not really....

Sports car manufacturers have figured this out.... having a sports car doesn't mean driving a go kart without comfort features like back in the day.

PartyMarty

Black Diamond
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Black Bear, 2009 VW Rabbit
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

TIL I don’t know what real luxury is and thank god I don’t. The mid package with MGV is all the luxury I could ever imagine, but I’m a 33yo whose only driven a 2000 Isuzu rodeo, an 09 vw rabbit, and a 2016 4-door wrangler black bear. Maybe a jetson-esque feature that would spray sunscreen on my face/arms/upper thighs with all the top off driving I plan on doing would be nice to keep me from looking line a raisin at 50, lol. Maybe a premium sound system with a good subwoofer like available in the lux package would be nice to enhance that open air experience, but it sure isn’t worth paying $7k extra for my build to get, that’s something I can easily after-market if I really want it. My 4door squatched mid BD will put me back about 55k after TTL, a price I can moderately afford for my dream vehicle at 33!

Real Luxury to me is reliability, durability, capability, open air freedom (without worry of a stray thunderstorm to ruin the interior), exterior styling, and maybe sprinkle in the best mpg possible considering the physics of moving this vehicle. Assuming the 2.7L 10at is a reliable yet efficient workhorse like the 2018+ f150’s, and sticking to the recommended maintenance schedule will give me 200k+ worry-free miles, Ford will hit my entire checklist of luxury for $55k. Having a vehicle in the shop or constantly looking up YouTube videos on how to fix something is the opposite of luxury to me.
Sponsored