Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2007 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Looks like BB 4 door MSRP went from 35880 to 38970 when mid added. WTF? Why would that effect the MSRP?

Shouldn't that be part of options?

Screenshot_20201224-134450.jpg

Screenshot_20201224-134509.jpg
Sponsored

CoolerThanCool

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150 XLT Sport 2wd 2.7l
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Opossum

Black Diamond
First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think it's just one of those B&P things. When I added only Mid, it rolled it into the MSRP instead of options.
Screenshot_20201224-135841_Chrome.jpg

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That seems to complicate the invoice pricing calculation that was suggested, where base price was -3%, but invoice price for accessories was -6%. Just another kick in the groin to us loyal customers!

Merry Christmas.

Sponsored

Cyclone

Outer Banks
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado, Chevy Camaro, Victory Hammer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My B&P went up $1595, I know this is all a work in progress but this whole process is a Lil bit of a cluster.

This would be my first Ford ever, not impressed so far.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That seems to complicate the invoice pricing calculation that was suggested, where base price was -3%, but invoice price for accessories was -6%. Just another kick in the groin to us loyal customers!

Merry Christmas.
or it could be that BnP is a buggy mess but folks are still having daily aneurysms about it after two months...calm down until order time then decide to commit.

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh, I feel calm. That “buggy mess” is the result of low performance on the part of humans that work for Ford. After enough fuck ups, people are concerned that there could be problems with their expensive purchase. I’m looking forward to owning a Bronco as much as the next person, but I want to feel good about it.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ended up possibly moving to the outerbanks. For less than 2k difference you get nicer interior and more options
John, just for giggles I looked at the price of the BB comparable to the OB I have built. And, you are correct, right at 2K more for some of the nicer OB stuff. And, if you add the nifty LED headlights to the BB it cuts the difference to around $1200. So, I'm sticking with the OB. When you're into it that deep a little more doesn't matter. :)

CoolerThanCool

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150 XLT Sport 2wd 2.7l
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
John, just for giggles I looked at the price of the BB comparable to the OB I have built. And, you are correct, right at 2K more for some of the nicer OB stuff. And, if you add the nifty LED headlights to the BB it cuts the difference to around $1200. So, I'm sticking with the OB. When you're into it that deep a little more doesn't matter. :)
Plus you get the 4wd on the demand and the high level instrument cluster

Sponsored

Akula22

Outer Banks
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I noticed the same thing with my OBX build as well. When I add the SAS base goes from $41,450 to $43,040 and the SAS is broken out on top.

Bronco Finder

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F150 , Broncos 76, 75, 72, 72, 68, 67, 66
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

We all know that the build & price is all f-ed up, and we should take it at face value . We shouldn't worry about it untill when we go in and put our order into Ford. That's just my option.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Plus you get the 4wd on the demand and the high level instrument cluster
Careful with how you word your response. You are implying the instrument gauges (cluster). When if fact, Ford's reference is to the "high level instrument panel". There has been plenty of discussion as to what this refers to and the assumption is that it refers to the instrument gauges. But we are looking at the interpretation from a driver's perspective and not a Ford designer's perspective.

There is a theory that the high level instrument panel is referencing what driver's refer to as the dash. It makes no sense to us. But go back and watch the SEMA video and videos reference in the design (Andy's All Access). The designers repeatedly refer to the entire dashboard and the picatinny rail as the Instrument Panel.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Careful with how you word your response. You are implying the instrument gauges (cluster). When if fact, Ford's reference is to the "high level instrument panel". There has been plenty of discussion as to what this refers to and the assumption is that it refers to the instrument gauges. But we are looking at the interpretation from a driver's perspective and not a Ford designer's perspective.

There is a theory that the high level instrument panel is referencing what driver's refer to as the dash. It makes no sense to us. But go back and watch the SEMA video and videos reference in the design (Andy's All Access). The designers repeatedly refer to the entire dashboard and the picatinny rail as the Instrument Panel.
Also if I remember correctly in the materials walk through they also refer to the dash as the “IP” / “Instrument Panel.”

We won’t know until we know, but I do think there is some credence to this theory. There’s a forum member who is 100% certain it refers to additional functionality in the gauge screen, but from what I can tell that’s not based on any insider information they have that we don’t.

Last edited:

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Also if I remember correctly in the materials walk through they also refer to the dash as the “IP” / “Instrument Panel.”

We won’t know until we know, but I do think there is some credence to this theory. There’s a forum member who is 100% certain it refers to additional functionality in the gauge screen, but from what I can tell that’s not based on any insider information.
I was hunting through the video's to find Esteban's "it's a steal" claim. Because I kept watching videos back to back, one thing that constantly leapt out was the frequency in which the dashboard was referred to as the instrument panel by multiple persons. It isn't a term that driver's use. But there two different perspectives trying to interpret terminology.

My theory - and it may not hold much credence - is that the differing dash material is the distinguishing characteristic. Back in the summer, it was presumed that all the dashboards would have the "soft-touch" dash. And then we started seeing Franken-Broncos where there were flat, shiny dash tops and some had a textured "soft-touch". It seems like a simple theory, but I think the high level instrument panel may be as simple as a textured dash top/bottom. Lower trims will get the shiny, smooth top/bottoms. Only my theory.
Sponsored