Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Please take the time and show us a 3d CAD of how you would have designed the Bronco around your properly designed vents . People on this forum are full of complaints but can't seem to realize the Bronco is not a Lexus or 2019 4Runner .
Buy the Bronco or STFU people .
It's not that we have to be engineers to propose an alternate solution to the rear A/C vent. It's already been proven for decades in other vehicles. Ford shit the bed when it came to rear A/C vents in the Bronco. They literally could have taken a hatchet to the rear console and rerouted the vent from under the seat to the console to blow chilled plastic chips at passengers.
Sponsored

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's not that we have to be engineers to propose an alternate solution to the rear A/C vent. It's already been proven for decades in other vehicles. Ford shit the bed when it came to rear A/C vents in the Bronco. They literally could have taken a hatchet to the rear console and rerouted the vent from under the seat to the console to blow chilled plastic chips at passengers.
You know more than I do about what is under that console then .

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You know more than I do about what is under that console then .
It's not that I'm an engineer. But if Ford can accommodate electrical plugs and usb ports depending on option package selected, then there is room to crack the back of the console to let cool air flow. Ford failed in the design for rear A/C vents. There is no need to defend the current design.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Please take the time and show us a 3d CAD of how you would have designed the Bronco around your properly designed vents . People on this forum are full of complaints but can't seem to realize the Bronco is not a Lexus or 2019 4Runner .
Buy the Bronco or STFU people .
Designing air vents is not rocket science, standard, simple air hoses and vents can be incorporated into the smallest of areas. If you can get the Ford DWG or DXF 3D files, and a Ford contract for my engineering time, I will be glad to show you a properly designed rear setup in 3D CAD. Then again, any competent Ford engineer can as well but the Bronco team assigned it to an intern.

51ZWb00LlGL._AC_SL1001_.jpg

kermitfrog

First Name
gareth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
drive
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Designing air vents is not rocket science, standard, simple air hoses and vents can be incorporated into the smallest of areas. If you can get the Ford DWG or DXF 3D files, and a Ford contract for my engineering time, I will be glad to show you a properly designed rear setup in 3D CAD. Then again, any competent Ford engineer can as well but the Bronco team assigned it to an intern.

Ford Bronco Walkaround video of Outer Banks Sasquatch in Carbonized Gray Exterior & Roast Interior 51ZWb00LlGL._AC_SL1001_
Thats a lot of stuff to put under seats and through the middle counsoul with the wires and other stuff that have to be accodanted also you a tunnel running through the middle.
Simply space and cost is what deticates on what engineers can do.

Sponsored

kermitfrog

First Name
gareth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
drive
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The
It's not that I'm an engineer. But if Ford can accommodate electrical plugs and usb ports depending on option package selected, then there is room to crack the back of the console to let cool air flow. Ford failed in the design for rear A/C vents. There is no need to defend the current design.
So are you saying if someone picks a certain package then they could have rear A/C vents in the rear of the console but if someone wants certain packages then you can't have rear A/C vents in the rear console if ford put A/C vents in the rear of the console.
Simplys space dictates what you can have so its one or other not both in one area.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Thats a lot of stuff to put under seats and through the middle counsoul with the wires and other stuff that have to be accodanted also you a tunnel running through the middle.
The picture is only representative, not the actual size or shape, the ducts and vents are custom for each vehicle.
It's already been proven for decades in other vehicles.
Simply space and cost is what deticates on what engineers can do.
I'm an engineer, I know what CAN be done, I have designed products for much smaller spaces.

Ford did it in the SMALLER Bronco Sport.

2021-Ford-Bronco-Sport-17.jpg

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The picture is only representative, not the actual size or shape, the ducts and vents are custom for each vehicle.

I'm an engineer, I know what CAN be done, I have designed products for much smaller spaces.

Ford Bronco Walkaround video of Outer Banks Sasquatch in Carbonized Gray Exterior & Roast Interior 2021-Ford-Bronco-Sport-17
There again the smaller Bronco is not the Bronco which we are talking about . It doesn't have the same structural design or driveline parts to work around . Yes I'm sure you could design some Mickey Mouse parts as in your picture and make it work somewhat but then you would be complaining how Ford Mickey Moused the whole thing . It sounds like the baby Bronc may be a better fit for you .

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

There again the smaller Bronco is not the Bronco which we are talking about . It doesn't have the same structural design or driveline parts to work around . Yes I'm sure you could design some Mickey Mouse parts as in your picture and make it work somewhat but then you would be complaining how Ford Mickey Moused the whole thing . It sounds like the baby Bronc may be a better fit for you .
My "Mickey Mouse parts" are FAA Certified and fly on both commercial and business jets, a little more challenging than simple car vents.

kermitfrog

First Name
gareth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
drive
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Ford Bronco Walkaround video of Outer Banks Sasquatch in Carbonized Gray Exterior & Roast Interior 2021-Ford-Bronco-Sport-17
As far as I know the bronco sport looking at the picture does not have a tunnel which makes a difference straight away.Tunnels take a lot of space up which restricts space a lot combined with haveing usb ports,12 volt ports and haveing good storage under the arm rest.

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

As far as I know the bronco sport looking at the picture does not have a tunnel which makes a difference straight away.Tunnels take a lot of space up which restricts space a lot combined with haveing usb ports,12 volt ports and haveing good storage under the arm rest.
Yes, it is rear 4x4 drive with tunnel, center console just built higher.

Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

kermitfrog

First Name
gareth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
drive
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My "Mickey Mouse parts" are FAA Certified and fly on both commercial and business jets, a little more challenging than simple car vents.
[/QUOTE
But its not the vents them selves its all the other stuff that people want like usb ports,12 volt ports wireing, Good Storage under the arm rest.Also hot air runs not just cold air through so there has to be air space.
No transmission tunnel lots more space!.

kermitfrog

First Name
gareth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
drive
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yes, it is rear 4x4 drive with tunnel, center console just built higher.

Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}
Its still down to space in the centre console if they put A/C vents in the big bronco then it would have to sit higher then people would complain its in the way or it should have been designed in better quality plastics or the centre console is to wide now.

kermitfrog

First Name
gareth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
drive
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

The bronco sport use the escape platform so although it is 4 wheel there is a very little step running through the middle of the suv makes it a lot easier and simply.The full size bronco use a ranger platform a totally different platform with a bigger higger tunnel step that's what makes it a lot harder to run A/C pipes with everything else in a tight space.
Sponsored