Sponsored

New here, probably getting kicked out for first post, but I think the first buyers are making a mistake.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Honestly, it's not things under the hood that worry me about a new Bronco. My biggest concern for problems is the top. Specifically, the hard top panels and rain / water management.

When the top is on I want to stay dry. When it's off, anything goes.
You prophet
That sounds like exactly what the issue we are hearing is plaguing the tops
Sponsored

ChrisKz

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You prophet
That sounds like exactly what the issue we are hearing is plaguing the tops
I saw it happen with Wranglers. When the JKs came out in '07 the top was redesigned 2 years later because of leaks.

Bronco Finder

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F150 , Broncos 76, 75, 72, 72, 68, 67, 66
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Honestly, it's not things under the hood that worry me about a new Bronco. My biggest concern for problems is the top. Specifically, the hard top panels and rain / water management.

When the top is on I want to stay dry. When it's off, anything goes.
I agree the top is a concern for me as well especially living up here in WA St , were it never rains☔
LOL.

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I thought leaks were the norm and accepted amongst the Wrangler community. I have been mentally preparing myself that I will be buying a vehicle that mostly will have some water intrusion. . . Especially because the top will be on, off, on , off, on , off . . . .

Sponsored

ChrisKz

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought leaks were the norm and accepted amongst the Wrangler community. I have been mentally preparing myself that I will be buying a vehicle that mostly will have some water intrusion. . . Especially because the top will be on, off, on , off, on , off . . . .
There is a difference between a drop or two and water basically pouring in.

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There is a difference between a drop or two and water basically pouring in.
Ya that would be less then ideal. Hopefully they studied hard on Jeeps mistakes

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The way I’m looking at is simple - it will be a 36 month payment, I’m optioning a Wildtrak up to a little over 60k so it’ll have everything I’d want (except ventilated seats - but I’m in VT and only use them a few times a year now) ... if I’m unhappy when the rig is paid off I will go back to the Raptor and still have no regrets!

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I agree the top is a concern for me as well especially living up here in WA St , were it never rains☔
LOL.
Even more reason to go MGV with washout floors in my opinion? less material that can hold water when the tops do leak lol

Major_Bullsteak

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy ZR2 Bison, JK Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If I can get a guarantee that I will be alive in 2 or 3 years, I'll wait for a used one. Or if I can get a guarantee that that my young teenage boys won't be too cool to ride around with their old man (or off to college) in 2 or 3 years, I'll wait for a used one.

For me, time has a cost associated with it that is far greater than any amount of depreciation will ever be.

Sponsored

Bronco Finder

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F150 , Broncos 76, 75, 72, 72, 68, 67, 66
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Even more reason to go MGV with washout floors in my opinion? less material that can hold water when the tops do leak lol
Or since it "ONLY" rains here 9 months out of the year, I can park it in the garage next to my 72 that only comes out to play in the summer time. LOL

72.jpg

Bodge Garage

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover Discovery, Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Bronco will be replacing a nearly 30 year old Land Rover. I have little concern Ford can build a decent vehicle for me. As far as resale value, man just look at the listing in my area for Jeep anything, 4Runner, basically any 4 wheel drive, 5 year old rigs go for nearly new prices and sometime more because they are all tarted up with lights lifts and wheels.
At the end of the day I am purchasing a thing to have use and enjoy, like a cheeseburger. If I want it and can afford it I will buy and not look back.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hate to burst bubbles, but unless Ford is not being transparent with their near future plans (yes, that's a joke), then except for known option changes (white tops, color options, mansquatch), any First Year gotchas will include the first couple years. Simply because it will take time for those issue to be identified.

Just about every component of the Bronco is already in production as one form or another. Any design flaws are going to be carried into the next model yearS, so unless you are planning on waiting until 2024+, worrying about 1st year vodoo is pointless.

Now if you want to wait because we know without a doubt, that those that wait will get more options.... then that is fine.

Wynter

Black Diamond
First Name
Summer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There's always a concern getting the first model. Flashback 2016 when Ford came out with the Focus RS. Few months later people started reporting head gaskets issues because Ford accidentally uses the Mustang head gaskets.

Well I was in the market for a proper off-roader and I'm willing to try a Ford rather than a Jeep.

VGK_Fan

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi S5 Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Or since it "ONLY" rains here 9 months out of the year, I can park it in the garage next to my 72 that only comes out to play in the summer time. LOL

Ford Bronco New here, probably getting kicked out for first post, but I think the first buyers are making a mistake. 72
She's a beaut, Clark!
Sponsored