North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

So where do we think the Warthog price will end up as compared to the Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 competition, $75K ?

-----------------------------------------------------

2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 Price Leaks, Costs More Than TRX

As one would expect, the most powerful Wrangler is also the most expensive one.
The first factory-V8-powered Jeep Wrangler in about 40 years made its official debut in production form in November this year. Not going on sale until the first month of 2021, the Wrangler Rubicon 392 doesn’t have official pricing yet but we might have a very strong hint at what it’ll cost.

A member of the JLWranglerForums posted a screenshot detailing his Wrangler Rubicon 392 order. If the ‘27X’ in the code is bothering you, he claims this is the internal designation of the 392 model. And, to finally get to the point, his car costs $77,055.

Now, before we start comparing this figure with other prices, we need to address something first. In the forum thread, the member explains he ordered two optional packages for the off-roader - the duel-top and tow packages. We don’t know the prices of those two for this particular model, but if you order the Wrangler Unlimited High Altitude, they’ll set you back $1,200 and $795, respectively. This means $77k is not the entry-level price.

Still, at approximately $75,000, the base Wrangler Rubicon 392 will be more expensive than the Ram 1500 TRX, for example, which starts at $71,690. The standard Wrangler Rubicon, in turn, has a starting price tag of $42,390, which makes it almost $35,000 more affordable than the V8 version. The cheapest 2021 Wrangler money can buy costs $28,315.

As a reminder, the Wrangler Rubicon 392 is powered by a 6.4-liter (392 cubic-inch) naturally aspirated Hemi V8 delivering 470 horsepower (350 kilowatts) and 470 pound-feet (637 Newton-meters) of torque. Jeep claims these numbers are enough for the off-roader to reach 60 miles per hour (96 kilometers per hour) in just 4.5 seconds.
jeep-wrangler-rubicon-392-price-png.png

https://www.motor1.com/news/463410/2021-jeep-wrangler-rubicon-392-price-leaked/
Sponsored

Last edited:

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The 392 does come with these standard (options on other trim levels), so the available adds would be minimal:
  • Leather interior
  • Infotainment Group
  • HD electrical switch bank
  • Body-color hard top
  • Body-color flares
  • Steel Bumper Group
  • LED Lighting Group
  • Cold Weather Group
  • Remote proximity entry
  • Safety Group
  • Advanced Safety Group
  • 2" Factory Lift
  • Beadlock Capable Wheels
  • Cold-air Intake/Hood Scoop
So, it's not just the 470 hp you're paying for. You're getting thousands of dollars of included "options" as part of the 392 package.

Last edited:

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am guessing $70k for Warthog. It isn't going to have a V8. I don't think it really needs one but people that have that kinda money want a V8. If they were able to cram a 5.0 or godzilla in it, they could charge what they wanted.

Opossum

Black Diamond
First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I started a B&P on the TRX just for fun. After I broke $92K I just closed my browser. It wasn't fun anymore. lol

I think the Warthog will match within a couple thousand of the 392. I think Jeep and FoMoCo will always keep their prices close to each other. I just wish they would be battling for the lowest price instead of the highest...

Sponsored

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The 392 does come with these standard (options on other trim levels), so the available adds would be minimal:
  • Leather interior
  • Infotainment Group
  • HD electrical switch bank
  • Body-color hard top
  • Body-color flares
  • Steel Bumper Group
  • LED Lighting Group
  • Cold Weather Group
  • Remote proximity entry
  • Safety Group
  • Advanced Safety Group
  • 2" Factory Lift
  • Beadlock Capable Wheels
  • Cold-air Intake/Hood Scoop
So, it's not just the 470 hp you're paying for. You're getting thousands of dollars of included "options" as part of the 392 package.
So what's the premium for that engine?

I spec'd out a Rubicon:
- Leather
- Infotainment
- HD elec
- Dual tops
- Body-colored top
- Body-colored flares
- Steel bumpers
- LED lighting
- Cold weather
- Remote prox entry
- Safety group
- Advanced safety group
- 4cyl/auto trans
- Full time 4wd

Total is about $61k. The only things it's missing from the 392 are the V8, the lift, and the beadlock wheels. Is that worth a $15,000 premium?

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So where do we think the Warthog price will end up as compared to the Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 competition, $75K ?
Underbid by $1, just like The Price Is Right, 'cuz they're both pegged to conspicuous consumption indexes, not cost.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So what's the premium for that engine?

I spec'd out a Rubicon:
- Leather
- Infotainment
- HD elec
- Dual tops
- Body-colored top
- Body-colored flares
- Steel bumpers
- LED lighting
- Cold weather
- Remote prox entry
- Safety group
- Advanced safety group
- 4cyl/auto trans
- Full time 4wd

Total is about $61k. The only things it's missing from the 392 are the V8, the lift, and the beadlock wheels. Is that worth a $15,000 premium?
Haha, of course it is, or they wouldn't have buyers lined up. Just like people looking at you and me wondering if the Bronco is worth what it is. You know, you can get an EcoSport for a lot less.

bronc'o

Wildtrak
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon, 2020 Defender FE, 2022 Bronco WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Makes my 66,000 build cheap. LOL
It would not make sense for Ford to release the Warthog at $70k, considering top end Yukons are now $80k+. My guess is the WH will be priced $78k+.

Sponsored

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
To expensive is what both will be lol

Maybe I'm just cheap but I'm having a hard time swallowing the fact my build is 46k I couldn't imagine paying much more for a vehicle honestly.

carrellslake

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

To expensive is what both will be lol

Maybe I'm just cheap but I'm having a hard time swallowing the fact my build is 46k I couldn't imagine paying much more for a vehicle honestly.
Same here. I initially told myself my budget would be 40k. I was at $43k until the auto trans price fix, now $45k. I really hope nothing unexpected happens now or I might have to change my build. :(

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I started a B&P on the TRX just for fun. After I broke $92K I just closed my browser. It wasn't fun anymore. lol

I think the Warthog will match within a couple thousand of the 392. I think Jeep and FoMoCo will always keep their prices close to each other. I just wish they would be battling for the lowest price instead of the highest...
I bet get this TRX on discount! ??

FB_IMG_1609370611223.jpg
Sponsored