Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I literally built and priced online - for dealer order - my completely customized Mini Cooper S convertible. In 2005.

This should not be a difficult thing.
No it shouldn't. Maybe they need to find a better offshore coding farm. Or better BSAs to write the specs for said coding farm.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don’t think that is it. He said the system can’t dynamically add the weight. So I take it that system simply can’t add the weights of your individual build. So it all doable, Ford is just not providing you the means.
Correct. But they are also not providing you with the product either. He said the ordering system can’t process it. You’ll have to get roof racks / sound deadening on a 2.7 badlands (for example) through a dealer. Who knows how long that wait is. Could be closer to when then finish the production run for 2021.

broncoSJ

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This video helped me decide. I am spending too much money to compromise. I am ordering Badlands, Carbonized Grey, Lux with SAS & Modular Painted Top. Hopefully these "late availability" options will allow Ford to work out the first run bugs. This may push me to MY22 with delivery in the Fall of '21 (or later) but that's more time to save for the downpayment.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I figured that after all the wise-ass remarks about his ever-present flannel, Ford sent Missy over to be his new stylist (since she probably needed something to do anyway.)
No way. His clothes matched.

Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This video helped me decide. I am spending too much money to compromise. I am ordering Badlands, Carbonized Grey, Lux with SAS & Modular Painted Top. Hopefully these "late availability" options will allow Ford to work out the first run bugs. This may push me to MY22 with delivery in the Fall of '21 (or later) but that's more time to save for the downpayment.
This is the way

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

*gasp*

. By then, I MIGHT be able to get proper seat backs and have the entire thing upgraded to a higher weight class.

Not gonna add to the complaints. But surely could.
That is not what was said in the video. They said they were considering changing the backs of the seats in the future, not 2022, specifically. Nothing was said about a higher weight class that I heard.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Or you could just not buy one
I am wondering why this forum member pretty much only posts telling people not to buy the Bronco, cancel their reservation, or some such comment closely related. Do you have anything to add to the conversation, or are you just here to troll everyone?

Clint

Base
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Base
Maybe I am overreacting, I can't tell anymore.

Screenshot 2020-12-30 at 10.04.58 PM.jpg
Ford Bronco Build & Price Update from Ford – Q&A with Bronco Brand Manager Screenshot 2020-12-31 at 6.58.16 AM

Pricing change is expected. However, this is a different situation where reservation holders are in one group and getting either a MY21 or MY22. I think both groups are expecting the same pricing across the board.

Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford Bronco Build & Price Update from Ford – Q&A with Bronco Brand Manager Screenshot 2020-12-31 at 6.58.16 AM

Pricing change is expected. However, this is a different situation where reservation holders are in one group and getting either a MY21 or MY22. I think both groups are expecting the same pricing across the board.
I don't think we should expect my21 prices if we are bumped to my22. Just the way it is

When Ford tells your dealer that your vehicle will be a my22, it's at that time when the my22 options and prices are reviewed with you. You can make a choice to take off a late delivery item to put you back in my21

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is every "2-door" really a "high demand feature"? All of them?
Translation: "high demand" is a euphemism. It means that they don't expect or intend to have components available and qualified to build in reservation order.

2dr frame/body/etc production capacity may be purposefully limited because most long-term production will be 4dr? The scheduling tool may also favor 4dr builds due to profitability?

When a company "signals" bad news like this, it is usually understated and reliable. I now clearly understand that I may have a longer wait than anticipated due to my choices, so I won't be shocked in May.

BTW, I thought the questions were answered well. I appreciated the unvarnished explanations of the illogical B&P option restrictions and MY21 feature shortcomings. More of this, please!

Sounds like FE will be the first built.
I don't think that was said? Only that because they sold out quickly they are naturally among the early reservations and therefore likely to be built in MY21.

reservation holders are in one group and getting either a MY21 or MY22. I think both groups are expecting the same pricing across the board.
I understand your sentiment, but this was in the dealer FAQ and has not been a secret. Price will likely increase, but you will have access to any new options.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I got until March 17 to punt my first 12 hour reservation.
I'm first night. There's zero reason not to order one in January. Don't believe this horseshit about Ford requiring deposits; they can't legally do that & its in the dealer's interest to order as many as possible. You'll have absolutely no skin in the game until July-ish.

That gives me 6 months to find an alternative I prefer.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
1. the reason given for carpet on the backseats is a lie. It was just an oversight and ignorance, too late to change it now.

2. anybody that thinks my22 will be the same price as my21 is delusional, look for at least a $1500-2000 price increase. You think Ford is going to eat those fixes and changes that are coming? lol.
Sponsored