Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That process may have actually produced a better B&P.
Dang now we're calling the chimps out! They had the same info ford and everyone else had and they're only getting paid in bananas.
Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't think we should expect my21 prices if we are bumped to my22. Just the way it is

When Ford tells your dealer that your vehicle will be a my22, it's at that time when the my22 options and prices are reviewed with you. You can make a choice to take off a late delivery item to put you back in my21
The catch is that the dealer asking you to spec and convert in March but scheduling, and therefore MY determination won't happen until May. Esteban himself said that order time is also when the price is finalized.

ausherpharmd

Black Diamond
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah - Im out at this point. I gave mysefl several excuses....but when I stepped back, I would be making concessions on things I do not want or not meeting my expectations. Each of us has a level of acceptance and some of us have a ton of $$$ to burn. This is pretty much my last straw for my reservation. Never seen a roll out poorly executed like this. Even the brand manager looks beaten and a bit souless (Im sure he's a nice guy).
I'll agree with you on the last point for sure. He does look beaten down. There was barely any enthusiasm. Maybe he had a bad Christmas or something. Maybe he's just bad on camera.

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
The only thing Ford could've done to eliminate any of this, was to not reveal the bronco, not release any information at all, and held on until the fall or even winter of 2021.
Or they could have had an actual communication strategy and been able to proof their B&P before going live.

Pretty much everything they did was self inflicted gunshot wounds related to communication (with the exception of some of the GVWR engineering issues staring to surface now).

Sponsored

SamR

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
I can’t watch it because apparently Ford forgot some people have IOS products. Can’t play it on my phone or iPad. Tried 2 different browsers.

I think I worked harder trying to watch this video than Ford did on the B&P.
That’s weird it plays fine on my iPad mini with chrome..

Kdog

Black Diamond
First Name
ChrisK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CrV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thank you Ford, Bronco Nation and 6G for the informative Q&A. Lots of helpful info. But please save me from all the negativity and complaints and not being able to get every single variation. Personally not getting the central vac for the FE was the showstopper. Ford has gone above and beyond providing a highly configurable vehicle to meet individual interests. Some may require after market but doable. Please continue sharing and, as others have noted, my place in line keeps moving up. Happy New Year!

ausherpharmd

Black Diamond
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Bummer to hear that 2DR and Lux are likely in higher demand than Ford anticipated. I wonder how that will work out. In any case, order in Jan/Feb and wait until May to get delivery window and decide from there I guess.

B&P not getting MY2021 updates until March is lame, but people were ordering F150s without one until recently.

B&P is something Ford really needs to look into fixing. Other manufacturers have build tools that get pricing later. Dynamically adjusting GVWR and, in general, a lot more functionality and speed with far more build complexity.
Regarding B&P, it's all about how much money they want to put into it. They're obviously still stuck in the past and all levels of leadership aren't bought in to the importance of the internet. Makes sense since they capitulated to the big dealer complaining. But that's how it goes. Companies that old and big take a long time to change.

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Or they could have had an actual communication strategy and been able to proof their B&P before going live.

Pretty much everything they have done was self inflicted gunshot wounds related to communication (With the exception of some of the GVWR engineering issues staring to surface now).
Yeah, the unknowns with suppliers and the global economy had no affect on this launch....

Name a vehicle launch as large as the bronco that had to be built from the ground up, during a global pandemic, with political and social economic issues going on as well that launched without any hiccups....

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
That’s weird it plays fine on my iPad mini with chrome..
I’ll drag a computer out at some point and watch it. I do want to hear what they are saying about staying in class on GVWR.

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Honestly, I feel for Esteban. He has the defeated tone of someone that has to stay on script but knows half the things he is saying doesn't make sense.

"Yeah, we decided to put carpet on the back of the seats of a wash down rated interior so they wouldn't be damaged by the doors."

*In his head* "I can't believe Steve talked them into this. It was almost perfect. Rubber, vinyl, drain plugs, it had everything. Then Steve had to come in with his stupid "let's get door purses and put'em in the back!" F'n Steve..."

"Anyway, we're hoping to have a different solution by 2023."
Not to mention you can’t even put doors in the back in the two door yet the two door rear seats (which are different from the four door) still have carpet on the back.

I call BS.

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yep, I refuse to be one of the flock. It is what it is. Unfortunately the truth hurts and Ford has screwed the pooch. It is not about bitching, it is about exposing issues in hopes that Ford will fix the problem. Why are we even on this forum? It is not all bitching....
Sponsored