Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
only two weeks before orders open
Thanks for the reminder that order banks open in 2 weeks. My worry is very simple. I would be in Bronco heaven if I could get this interior where the deep blue dash matches the grey arm rest and steering wheel and headrest of the seats invoking a sense of style, chill, and uniformity

Ford Bronco Build & Price Update from Ford – Q&A with Bronco Brand Manager Screenshot_20201231-114835_Gallery

But b&p has this abomination (notice the ridiculous bright blue accents on the handles and the dash is some shiny putrid penny color bronze)

Ford Bronco Build & Price Update from Ford – Q&A with Bronco Brand Manager Screenshot_20201231-114800_Edge

I really hope Ford provides updated PRODUCTION PHOTOS for all trims at order time
Sponsored

Last edited:

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I can't see why the 2.7 would be an availability issue as Ford has had a plant up and running for 6 years building them. If they think they will be running behind, put on another shift now.

YTFORD

Outer Banks
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge ST & 2020 GT PP2
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well I guess that means we are getting a late arrival Outer Banks. We were a day one reservation but since we want the painted black modular top we will have to wait.

I hope they come out and provide how late that actually is. I really dont want to do the soft top and not have all the wipers, wires, and what not missing.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BodieMonster

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R, VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Badlands 2.7, Sasquatch
Roof rails/rack and sound deadening headliner is a must-have for me. Like he did with the tailgate, why didn’t Esteban just say you can get rails/headliner at the dealership? It doesn’t seem that it technically wouldn’t be possible, so will these cause a performance or safety issue?
“If customers want a roof rack with Sasquatch we really recommend waiting till 22MY.” WHY?
The interview actually cuts before he addresses the question about being able to order the racks/additional accessories as a dealer install and leaves it as "you cannot order them factory direct"... so I feel there is still more Ford needs to address around GVWR. In theory, a roof rack alone should not tip a 4dr 2.7L Bronco over GVWR so a dealer installed roof rack should not be an issue as we are led to believe it's due to guardrails within Ford's system... which is odd because they can dynamically account for other variables but perhaps there were just too many options with racks, etc. ?‍♂

Sponsored

Fordfan88

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Bummer to hear that 2DR and Lux are likely in higher demand than Ford anticipated. I wonder how that will work out. In any case, order in Jan/Feb and wait until May to get delivery window and decide from there I guess.

B&P not getting MY2021 updates until March is lame, but people were ordering F150s without one until recently.

B&P is something Ford really needs to look into fixing. Other manufacturers have build tools that get pricing later. Dynamically adjusting GVWR and, in general, a lot more functionality and speed with far more build complexity.
I know right? Ford brings back a 2 door icon, and then are surprised there is such a demand for 2 doors.

kimmnen

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect & '22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Their big lie was saying production would be in rough reservation order. That is no longer true as they added a dealer allocation formula to the mix. So you may get your Bronco in rough reservation order but if your reservation is with a dealer that doesn’t have allocation you won’t. That is a lie.

Leaving the auto transmission error in B&P for 2 months could certainly be considered a lie by omission.

And having a disclaimer that terms/prices are subject to change doesn‘t change the fact they lied.
Frustrations and assumptions. I understand the disclaimer so I don't know that it is a fact that they lied, but I hope you go after the "lies" because I will use the $1595 one for some after market add-ons.
I expect a few more lies before I see a Bronco in my garage. They have a lot of clean-up work to do before production and even then some of us are not going to be happy.

It all looks so simple from the customer point of view. There are many other factors that enter into the reservation order like model, options, availability of standard features, shipping and more that will make that reservation and build order more complex. If you keep your reservation and order you will get a Bronco before the general public. I am saying a Bronco instead of your ordered Bronco because there may be factors that change like deleting or adding features which adjust price or build and delivery. If you ordered a WT with expected painted black roof but decide to accept the MIC to get it on the road, you may feel you are just getting a bronco.
Auto trans... there were many that looked at the AT $0 as a B&P error. I was hoping that there were other reasons that it was $0 like "it's a steal" but was prepared for an update. There are still things that are not corrected like "rock rails" included on BL but $595 add on to get it listed on build. Ford can change any feature anytime like deleting the "included" rock rails and making it add-on at $595. A few may like that because they are planning on removing or upgrading. If you are planning on the BL and the rail price gets "adjusted" into the base price, some may have to call it a "lie by inclusion" since it has been listed at $595 for months.
Imagine if there was never a reservation process. We would still be waiting to even place an order and late-comers would have the same opportunity as those that have been waiting patiently for years to get their Bronco first.

After the order and scheduling process, it has to be built. It doesn't matter what many at the top envision or are told, it is not a smooth and clean process. Note: I seem to remember that Bill Ford did work a summer on the line at Wayne way back when, so his respect of the production workers and what they accomplish is real.
Seeing a build come off the line is a beautiful sight and a real rush. Having the opportunity to live behind the scene for 34+ years in the plant(s) that is going to build the Bronco and dealing with scheduling, build and production issues and the great teams working miracles to build these vehicles, it is still amazing to me hearing that engine start and seeing it on its way through a few more stages but ultimately to the customer. What one can see on a plant tour or in videos is just a tip of the iceberg making it look so simple from the customer point of view. My plan is Bronco or nothing.

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Which trim level has the central vac?
It‘s a new option on the 4 dr FE only. It’s so powerful you can suck your trailer along instead of using an antiquated receiver hitch. A Ford First!

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Why update B&P after we are already supposed to have ordered? wth?
Yep. HEH FORD............this makes NO sense. B&P should be functional and updated BEFORE we order. I appreciate the video and information but this is the one thing that glares out as........what are you doing?

Sponsored

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I call bullish!t on the 2dr being a high demand item. i think it just makes want People to shell out the extra 3-5k for the 4dr

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I like Esteban. Although he plays his cards remarkably close to his chest, he is giving us all the clues we need to make informed decisions.

During his first Q&A, he gave us the heads-up regarding both Sasquatch Package and the 2.7L engine. He repeated that again in this second Q&A. In case listeners were not paying attention, he added the potential for Wildtrak delivery issues but did not mention Badlands. He also added the Lux package as a potential problem.

From his thinly veiled hints, I assumed the following. Please keep in mind, these are all my assumptions.
  • I assume there is a problem with the delivery of the new Goodyear M/T tires. Contractual agreements prevent him from being more specific or substituting other tires such as BFG or Hankook.
  • Since the 2.7L engine is shared with the F150 they do not want to interfere with any F150 deliveries since that is their bread-and-butter line. They can not rob Peter to satisfy Paul.
  • Lux package has a new product called Connected Built-in Navigation being developed in association with Telenav. A complicated system since it is intended to rely on an Alexa integration. That company provides most of its vehicle technology and must have an incredibly detailed contractual agreement. Trail Maps might also be affected.
As an ocean kayaker, whenever I was confronted with a powerful riptide, I learned it is best to go with the flow.

I suspect Esteban has much more to share. Make your adjustments, fasten your seatbelt, and get ready for more to come.

Ryslegit

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well that's it. Jeep Wrangler Eco Diesel Rubicon here I come. Way to many red flags and BS coming from this video for me to feel confident in spending 55-60k with Ford. "And I thought Land Rover had issues LOL"
Actually thinking of doing the same thing but with a Gladiator.... still trying to hold out for the Bronco though as I had a 19 JLUR and it was a POS.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I guess I'll just get a Sport, then. I don't want to wait another year and the way it's going....
Sponsored