T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My guess and opinion it could bc last I heard they were having issues that needed solved with it!
What did you hear? What were the issues with the tailgate?

Also, does anybody have any idea why a tailgate wouldn’t allow for door storage? The video of storing the doors didn’t seem like the doors were so close to the roof that you didn’t have any wiggle room.
Sponsored

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Also, does anybody have any idea why a tailgate wouldn’t allow for door storage? The video of storing the doors didn’t seem like the doors were so close to the roof that you didn’t have any wiggle room.
Long ago I got word they were having issues. I wasn't told what the issue was. Just issues and they didn't get it fixed it may be axed!

Then I believe the tailgate takes up space from the floor that then eliminates the room to store the doors. Not 100 on that though. I thought he gave a reason!

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Interesting he said 2 door Broncos will be a high demand item.... I have a feeling that won’t be the case compared to 4 door
Yeah....last stat I saw was (as I recall)...only 25-30% of the reservations and polling were for 2 doors.

toughtoaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Estaban mentioned that they physically would not fit since the slide out tailgate raises the floor enough that the doors would hit the sports bars in the back.

Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

The slide out tailgate fits in a package that is attached to the floor. Brings the floor up what looks like 3-4 inches and that prevents storage of the doors.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I seriously may use this as a badge on my Badlands.

badlands-broncovid.png
Please put that into the "B6G talented folks" thread so we don't lose it?

jeep364

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Jeep WK
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There will be an aftermarket slide out tailgate soon - if nothing to level the back when seats are folded down on the 4 door.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m just excited as hell to buy a bronco...
Screw the rest of the drama..

Here’s to a happy friggin New year Bronco world!

F7014352-4B03-42F7-A350-539B22D2C9A0.jpeg

Sponsored

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Frustrations and assumptions. I understand the disclaimer so I don't know that it is a fact that they lied, but I hope you go after the "lies" because I will use the $1595 one for some after market add-ons.
I think you’re the one assuming. I knew the auto transmission was wrong in B&P - go check my posts on the matter from the beginning. It also makes no difference to me - if I buy one I was always getting a manual.

Likewise I’m a first day reservation holder so Ford’s sneaky change to the dealer allocation model likely has no effect on me.

What does make a difference to me is doing business with a company that thinks this kind of behavior is acceptable. Ford changing the rules mid game and general incompetencies make me think a Ford product may not be in my future.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The interview actually cuts before he addresses the question about being able to order the racks/additional accessories as a dealer install and leaves it as "you cannot order them factory direct"... so I feel there is still more Ford needs to address around GVWR. In theory, a roof rack alone should not tip a 4dr 2.7L Bronco over GVWR so a dealer installed roof rack should not be an issue as we are led to believe it's due to guardrails within Ford's system... which is odd because they can dynamically account for other variables but perhaps there were just too many options with racks, etc. ?‍♂
It is edited a few times during that interview session. My guess is that Esteban caught himself before saying "You can always install it yourself after buying it from the parts counter". Maybe just didn't want the lawyers to get upset.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah....last stat I saw was (as I recall)...only 25-30% of the reservations and polling were for 2 doors.
Yea and that is with polling enthusiasts like us on this forum. Even manual rate on this forum is super inflated compared to how normal non enthusiasts will buy. In real world the numbers I’m sure will be lower for 2 door and for manual.
Sponsored