First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Let's remember that Ford is hoping to court several away from competitors' products. Competition mostly benefits the consumer, but also requires the competition to really focus on ways to differentiate themself from the incumbent(s). In this case Jeep and maybe a small 4Runner crowd. The 3% of reservation holders on B6G would have had more force than millions of Bronco advertising dollars by early-adopting a vehicle we have not seen driven, sat in, touched. This is the unfortunate part, the extra money they hope to make from enthusiasts will not go nearly as far as the reduced marketing budget that they could have enjoyed for this product.

Not instilling confidence in communication and having consumers identify obvious concessions doesn't get them to change brands.

Here's how the market will respond. Jeeps will get cheaper/better very quickly. The solid vs IFS crowd was never going to convert as they are not equal there. Ford will get new enthusiasts quickly outside that major build difference. The early Bronco pool will dry up end MY22 until improvements are made. Jeep and Bronco will fight it out to differentiate and provide more value to the consumer. The consumer always wins when competition steps up. The Hemi and 4xEJeep were conveniently offered mid Bronco Drop and the diesel a year prior.

My perfect Bronco will eventually be configurable and I will buy one. I'm hoping it's sooner, not later.
Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The poor bastards that have made endless sacrifices to bring this new vehicle to you all likely wonder if it was worth it!
Yes. They are regular Mother Theresas. Maybe the Pope will make them saints for working a job.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base

jeep364

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Jeep WK
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I thought the pull tray that's being offered does level out the floor so there is no height difference or very small?.
there will be a slight rise when the seats are down (back of seats) but essentially flat. if you dont have the slide out, the back hatch area will be about a 3-4 inch drop from the back of the seats when folded down.

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just remember that if the FE isn't rated to tow, and you add the tow package yourself, your insurance is voided, and you open yourself up for major lawsuits if you are in an accident while towing anything.
Not True. I did my own factory hitches on my Toyota Highlander and Mercedes GL550. Both dealers installed a sticker in the door jamb. My highlander was under warranty and they stickered it during an oil change. My Highlander sticker warns that the GVWR of the vehicle is now 17lbs lower. Hell My Chocolate Lab weighs 84 lbs.

On my Mercedes, they added the sticker when they programed the rear Module for the lights that I installed.

Edit. I think the sticker modifies the GCWR.

Sponsored

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hemisfear

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Amazing how every other manufacturer selling vehicles in the USA can figure out how to equip their top trim vehicles (read FE) with a tow package if the other trim levels in the line have a tow pack but Ford can’t.

Government meanies!
Ya, it’s called compromising, something that creates inferior builds, I’m happy, don’t care about you! lol

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Dwolen

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Of course it will be when all the whining and speculation is over and literally tens of thousands of happy Bronco owners are on the road livin the dream!
While I know the overall bitching and moaning (which I’m equally guilty of) is the biggest pet peeve on the forums, this here is my top pet peeve.

What on earth makes you so sure this is going to be the greatest vehicle ever? Just because Ford named it after an icon that has laid dormant for 25 years? Don’t get me wrong, I am ordering one and hope it’s f’n awesome too but I refuse to blindly anoint it the best thing on four wheels 9 months before delivery based entirely off it’s name.

Sponsored

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I hope it does not suck, otherwise I get stuck driving a Explorer. If I hop in and the first thing I think is "Gladiator was just as nice." I will not be happy...

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ya, it’s called compromising, something that creates inferior builds, I’m happy, don’t care about you! lol
True that, the ability to order a receiver hitch on a body on frame vehicle has always been considered the height of compromise and indicator of an inferior build.

Last edited:

Lagrange 6g

Black Diamond
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 f250 2014 landcruiser 1978 cj5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Some main takeaways:
  • Build & Price update coming in March 2021
  • Entire price list will be published in January
  • Slide out tailgate takes away your on vehicle door storage
  • All First Editions will be 2021 model year, unless a late availability top is chosen
  • Backs of the seats will be changed for future model years
  • Tow package on the First Edition only comes on the 2-Door model
  • Dealers will be compensated based on conversion of existing orders with the original person who ordered
Why does the two door have carpet on the back of the rear seats when you can’t store doors back there anyway?
Sponsored