First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I watched the whole video. He answered questions and provided additional information that was helpful. Not everyone is obviously happy with some answers but they are what they are. The dealership will have to walk us through what actually can be ordered. You can still use B&P to get an idea of what you want.

Yes it seems to be a bit unorganized but as everyone keeps saying this is a crazy year, especially for large global companies. Maybe they rushed the information out due to the high demand, but would you rather not have B&P open until it’s perfect?

This truck will be amazing so be patient. People getting pissed off and canceling their orders may end up regretting it if it will be years before they can buy one. Or they may be fine moving on to another car.

Buying a car without seeing what the production models look like is a leap of faith. I get it. But with the information gathered and discussed constructively on these forums reduce the risk. We just need to decide if it’s enough information to take the risk. Bitching and moaning or bashing these guys for providing information is not helpful to anyone.

Here is what I got out of it.
-B&P is a guide at least until March. Need to rely on our dealership for final options and cost.
-Ford is offering incentives to dealers to keep original orders. Could be good for us as leverage to negotiate some money off without having to switch.
-if you are getting a 4door you may need to buy the roof rails, liner, trailer hitch after you get your car.
-if you want wipers and washer fluid in the rear window you need to buy the truck with a hardtop.
-If you get the pull out trunk, it will not have enough room for you to store the doors.
-in the future they MAY have plastic on the back of the rear seats. Maybe.
-costs on B&P are wrong for some options that double dipped on the auto transmission cost. Will be fixed in Jan.
-after the orders are made you will be notified if any choices will delay your order. You will have a chance to make changes if you want until they start your order.

There are other tid bits so suggest watching the video. It was better than I thought from reading the comments.
Sponsored

Blitzinger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Base
While I know the overall bitching and moaning (which I’m equally guilty of) is the biggest pet peeve on the forums, this here is my top pet peeve.

What on earth makes you so sure this is going to be the greatest vehicle ever? Just because Ford named it after an icon that has laid dormant for 25 years? Don’t get me wrong, I am ordering one and hope it’s f’n awesome too but I refuse to blindly anoint it the best thing on four wheels 9 months before delivery based entirely off it’s name.
It almost feels the complete opposite of new defender. Everyone hated it until they drove it and then people who drove it liked it (except TFL but lets admit, even for a brand with low reliabiliity, that was wild and is an outlier)

Bronco is everyone excited and approving of the new look but what if everyone drives it and hates it?

Gooner

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you have a reserved FE and chose the late availability top, there's a chance it will be a MY22?

Will Ford even offer a MY22 FE later down the road?

If I had an FE reserved, I think I would order the late availability top in hopes that my FE gets pushed to MY22. This would make for quite a rare Bronco.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Does anyone know weight limit? eg. can you sit on it or only camp stove and plates?
I think 400lbs and it can be used to stand on while loading/unloading items from the roof rails.

Sponsored

Hemisfear

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

True that, the ability to order a receiver hitch on a body on frame vehicle has always been considered the height of compromise and indicator of an inferior build.
Wow, You are so informative, a master engineer, thanks for your insight!

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Does anyone know weight limit? eg. can you sit on it or only camp stove and plates?
It must be pretty sturdy, I don't know the weight limit but I remember a video a while ago a fellow was using it to stand on to retrieve a cooler of the top rack.

Buckin'Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I seriously may use this as a badge on my Badlands.

badlands-broncovid.png
Prediction: The 21s will be infamous. Once they fix all the items that he identified as later solutions (22-23MY), nobody will want a 21. Hope I'm wrong and not trying to be negative. It just feels that way right now (towing, carpeted seat backs, roof racks, etc.).

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh SHIT!!!!! now that's funny!
This may be preventing us from getting a hitch at the dealer. Ford didn't order enough stickers...

I see some people having about 4-5 of these on a Bronco. with a bunch of DIO's.

Ford Bronco Build & Price Update from Ford – Q&A with Bronco Brand Manager Highlander

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did I hear that vid correctly in that the owners manual will ONLY be a digital copy? No hardcopy? What if I am old fashion and prefer a paper copy too? This is starting to become a common thing with cars it seems. The marketing folks at Ford should really reconsider that. If a company is marketing a vehicle that is suppose to go off the beaten path (i.e., grid) then if any new vehicle should have an old fashioned hardcopy manual it's the Bronco. Besides, I would rather read the manual in my home and not sitting in the car looking at the screen in my driveway or on my tiny phone's screen. If we are paying $50K plus for a car then they should be able to throw in some extra paper. Sorry, this is a pet peeve of mine ever since I bought a 2019 Jeep GC and it too didn't come with a manual. I still have a hard time mastering all the features.

Sponsored

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you really wanted some super deluxe tailgate configuration, Esteban could probably finagle one for you using the tools in his workshop. Just Ask him.

Casual Pork

Black Diamond
First Name
Cardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4D Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Did I hear that vid correctly in that the owners manual will ONLY be a digital copy? No hardcopy? What if I am old fashion and prefer a paper copy too? This is starting to become a common thing with cars it seems. The marketing folks at Ford should really reconsider that. If a company is marketing a vehicle that is suppose to go off the beaten path (i.e., grid) then if any new vehicle should have an old fashioned hardcopy manual it's the Bronco. Besides, I would rather read the manual in my home and not sitting in the car looking at the screen in my driveway or on my tiny phone's screen. If we are paying $50K plus for a car then they should be able to throw in some extra paper. Sorry, this is a pet peeve of mine ever since I bought a 2019 Jeep GC and it too didn't come with a manual. I still have a hard time mastering all the features.
There will most likely be an aftermarket solution from FEDEX Office (Kinko's)

Jarrett

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know everyone is tired of the Bronco delays, but even the Jeep 4xe has been delayed (without much of a sound) due to COVID. Back at the reveal they mentioned the Jeep 4xe would be “coming December 2020”, but now they have pushed that back to “coming Q1 2021”.

Ford Bronco Build & Price Update from Ford – Q&A with Bronco Brand Manager C5222FE7-25A3-449F-9A69-37A9CEC5A4A6

Ford Bronco Build & Price Update from Ford – Q&A with Bronco Brand Manager AED9B1B3-C78B-44AB-BD59-254B07F6FE41

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Download, print. :)
Sponsored