Sponsored

mike.s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
For me, and it's more of a deal delayer than a deal breaker, will be the vig on first Broncos. In 2005, Mustang GTs (coupes) were fetching $3000 over MSRP. In 2006, MSRP. I purchased my 2007 GT at $500 over invoice. I love my Fords, but I don't want to give the dealer any more of my hard earned money than I have to. When they finally unveil the 2 door Bronco, I'll more than likely have to set up a countdown timer for when they can be bought for a realistic price. I don't see the Covid-19 situation putting any sort of dent in dealer greed. Let's hope I'm wrong...
i remember that and expect more of the same with the bronco, got my 2006 GT for 1k over invoice when the 07s were out. im waiting for the raptor and then have to wait out the price gouging on it so i am a 2024 buyer. just gives me time to get the house paid off
Sponsored

Pitpup

Black Diamond
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Mustang GT, 2008 Ford Ranger Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
i remember that and expect more of the same with the bronco, got my 2006 GT for 1k over invoice when the 07s were out. im waiting for the raptor and then have to wait out the price gouging on it so i am a 2024 buyer. just gives me time to get the house paid off
Blessed here that my 2008 Ranger has less than 53k miles. Still have the original tires... they're not the safest to drive on but I did not drive it much before the Covid-19. The wife and I drive in together and take her HRV. And I think I've driven it once since March 16. Not motivated to get rid of the Ranger... literally one of one for MY2008. I worked at a Ford store and checked the database, lol.

Chadillac

Base
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
My local dealer is pretty good and I hope they stay that way. They sell Ford and Jeep products. When the Gladiators came out last fall, they advertised $500 below MSRP On every trim. Which was still too much IMO but way cheaper than the places wanting ADM on a freaking Jeep

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My local dealer is pretty good and I hope they stay that way. They sell Ford and Jeep products. When the Gladiators came out last fall, they advertised $500 below MSRP On every trim. Which was still too much IMO but way cheaper than the places wanting ADM on a freaking Jeep
I was just about to say, I'm worried about absurd dealer markups they're likely to put on the Bronco, especially at the Ford dealer down the street that went under new ownership.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was just about to say, I'm worried about absurd dealer markups they're likely to put on the Bronco, especially at the Ford dealer down the street that went under new ownership.
If Ford wants to sell 200k first year, they'll never do it with dealer ADM's. If they build at that rate, lots will be overflowing in a month.

Sponsored

mike.s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If Ford wants to sell 200k first year, they'll never do it with dealer ADM's. If they build at that rate, lots will be overflowing in a month.
ford has never done anything to discourage their dealers from charging adm. if they have it isnt working. most the ford dealers i have been to charge adm on any vehicle with the slightest interest.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
ford has never done anything to discourage their dealers from charging adm. if they have it isnt working. most the ford dealers i have been to charge adm on any vehicle with the slightest interest.
I don't think Ford can legally stop the dealers from charging ADM. Competition between dealers controls it. People thought they had to pay ADM on the Raptor until they woke up and found they can buy from any dealer and have the truck shipped to their location for a small fee. There was one dealer in my area trying to charge high ADM's and had at least 30 17's and 18's on the lot while I bought one at sticker from my dealer 7 miles away.

mike.s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
i thought i read somewhere dodge held allocations of specialty vehicles from dealers that historically charged adms

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350r, F150, Expedition, Cayenne and the others.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i thought i read somewhere dodge held allocations of specialty vehicles from dealers that historically charged adms
They did exactly that...No additional allocation if they aren't moving stock at least for hellcats

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
No V8 - I probably won't buy one. Maybe if they have a strong NA V6 that sounds decent I might consider it, but I've only heard one or two V6s that I thought sounded decent.

I may end up buying a Bronco in 5+ years even if the powertrain is crappy, but if they have a V8 I might consider buying a new Bronco.

Sponsored

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
No V8 - I probably won't buy one. Maybe if they have a strong NA V6 that sounds decent I might consider it, but I've only heard one or two V6s that I thought sounded decent.

I may end up buying a Bronco in 5+ years even if the powertrain is crappy, but if they have a V8 I might consider buying a new Bronco.
Yeah. There's no V8.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Sounds like your a pick one up for cheap with a blown motor and swap in a godzilla kinda guy. I could see myself doing that in about 10 years. To compliment my 2022 Bronco that i buy after Ford racing comes out with a power pack for it.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Feb/Mar '21 production line is aways off yet...but after reading the issues at the Dearborn plant, and the problems with 'temporary' workers trying to staff the line - the biggest dealbreaker for me would be continuing virus problems eroding confidence in the finished product.

securitysix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

If the new Bronco is available from Ford with a V-8, I will probably die from shock.

As for a naturally aspirated V-6, I wouldn't mind that myself, but I don't expect it. As near as I can tell, Ford is only putting two naturally aspirated V-6 engines in vehicles, the 3.3L Duratec that serves as the base engine for the F-150 and the gas power plant for the 2020 Explorer Hybrid and the 3.7L Duratec that serves as the base engine in the Lincoln Continental.

If we see either of those V-6 options, I'll be surprised, and I'd say the 3.3L is the more likely of the two.

So, brace yourself for disappointment.
Sponsored