Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm getting the High package as the 12" screen is a need of mine so the cost jump to the Lux package isn't significant. Those of you that are opting for the Lux package or those that are familiar with the technologies included (ACC, Lane Assist, etc.), what are the benefits of these features? Are features such as Lane Assist a benefit with regards to insurance costs? I have no need for a heated steering wheel as I choose to reside in the lower latitudes. I'm not familiar with the technologies as I still ride a dinosaur as it pertains to a vehicle. I'm not opposed to being convinced that I should spring for the cost, but I don't know what value they bring.
Sponsored

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You'll hear a lot of people complain about 'nanny systems letting people doze off when they should be driving' but I love driver assist systems.

When you're stuck behind a semi on a hilly road, passing isn't possible, adaptive cruise control is insanely convenient. Same with driving in Minnesota where people refuse to maintain their speed on a clear road.

Collision warning... I remember one day where the light turned green and I started accelerating. Car ahead of me slowed down. I was staring right at them but it somehow didn't register until the collision warning came up. Also nice for the rare occasion you're behind some jerkass with nightshaded taillights or a Silverado with crappy aftermarket LED taillights and obscured third brake light -- both instances where their brake lights are hard to notice.

Lane-keeping isn't a full 'car drives itself everywhere', it just nudges the steering if you get too close to the lines. I added it to my car for the minor convenience it brings (plus automatic highbeams).

Your insurance likely won't care tbh.

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm like you Beach Bum, never had any of these New Features but I need the 12 inch screen because my eyes ain't what they used to be and I'm thinking of going Lux to give the New Tech a try and besides that I want the B&O Stereo too ?

OP
OP
Beach_Bum

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You'll hear a lot of people complain about 'nanny systems letting people doze off when they should be driving' but I love driver assist systems.

When you're stuck behind a semi on a hilly road, passing isn't possible, adaptive cruise control is insanely convenient. Same with driving in Minnesota where people refuse to maintain their speed on a clear road.

Collision warning... I remember one day where the light turned green and I started accelerating. Car ahead of me slowed down. I was staring right at them but it somehow didn't register until the collision warning came up. Also nice for the rare occasion you're behind some jerkass with nightshaded taillights or a Silverado with crappy aftermarket LED taillights and obscured third brake light -- both instances where their brake lights are hard to notice.

Lane-keeping isn't a full 'car drives itself everywhere', it just nudges the steering if you get too close to the lines. I added it to my car for the minor convenience it brings (plus automatic highbeams).

Your insurance likely won't care tbh.
Thank you for the reply. I wasn't sure about any cost savings with insurance. TBH, it really isn't a factor in my decision. It's nice if there is a discount associated with safety features, but it's not needed.

With regards to ACC, does the system slow you down and then accelerate on it's own while maintaining a safe distance? I'm coming from 2003 technology where I had to "coast" to reset the CC.

The USB ports and wireless charger are nice add. But by themselves, they certainly aren't worth the cost.

What about the B/O soundsystem? Keep in mind, I still have a CD player from 2003. So I'm by no means an audiophile.

OrlandoBroncos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love Adaptive Cruise Control on my current Ford and I'll never get another car without it. You can cruise down the freeway and not worry about adjusting your cruise speed. Car in front too slow? Hit your left blinker and the car automatically accelerates when you change lanes. It's even more useful in heavy traffic where you just adapt to the speed of the car in front no matter what they do. In terms of safety it also allows your mind to not need as much thinking so you don't get tired or distracted as easily.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Beach_Bum

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm like you Beach Bum, never had any of these New Features but I need the 12 inch screen because my eyes ain't what they used to be and I'm thinking of going Lux to give the New Tech a try and besides that I want the B&O Stereo too ?
I'm not a hazard to drive as I don't need glasses for long distance. But I know that I can't see shit up close. After seeing the 12" screen in the F-150 at the Orlando Auto Show, it is a must add for my needs. So the cost between High and Lux is only a couple of grand, but I'm just looking for feedback from those that have used the technologies as to whether it is worth the cost.

Elwood

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The desk in my home office
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ACC systems vary widely in quality, but generally make driving on the highway on long trips much more enjoyable, automatically slowing when you approach another car and accelerating again when your lane is clear. Many of the newer ones also make bumper to bumper driving better by automatically slowing and stopping the car before driving again when the light turns green, etc. Sone systems aren’t that great and some are much more effective, feel smoother, and are more reliable. Part of it is the software programming, and part of it is the actual hardware used (camera(s), radar antannae, and (rarely) lasers).

Many of these systems also reduce the chance of getting into a crash or the severity of a crash when it happens.

Disclaimer: while these systems make driving in these scenarios easier/ less taxing to different degrees depending on the car and system, nothing on the market now is actually “self driving”. It’s a drivers aide, that’s it.

OP
OP
Beach_Bum

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I love Adaptive Cruise Control on my current Ford and I'll never get another car without it. You can cruise down the freeway and not worry about adjusting your cruise speed. Car in front too slow? Hit your left blinker and the car automatically accelerates when you change lanes. It's even more useful in heavy traffic where you just adapt to the speed of the car in front no matter what they do. In terms of safety it also allows your mind to not need as much thinking so you don't get tired or distracted as easily.
Thank you for explaining it.

Draykas

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL rubicon, 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm getting the High package as the 12" screen is a need of mine so the cost jump to the Lux package isn't significant. Those of you that are opting for the Lux package or those that are familiar with the technologies included (ACC, Lane Assist, etc.), what are the benefits of these features? Are features such as Lane Assist a benefit with regards to insurance costs? I have no need for a heated steering wheel as I choose to reside in the lower latitudes. I'm not familiar with the technologies as I still ride a dinosaur as it pertains to a vehicle. I'm not opposed to being convinced that I should spring for the cost, but I don't know what value they bring.

I have 2019 Ford Ranger with the adaptive cruise lane assist and other features. If asked me before I wouldn't want but now that I have I love having. catching things didn't see like above and the adaptive is nice when pulling up behind large truck or slower vehicle. This in addition to the power outlets in Dash make it a want for me. I am even getting it over sasquatch on My Badlands trim. My insurance does give me discount for safety features. not a great amount but adds up over the years

Sponsored

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you for the reply. I wasn't sure about any cost savings with insurance. TBH, it really isn't a factor in my decision. It's nice if there is a discount associated with safety features, but it's not needed.

With regards to ACC, does the system slow you down and then accelerate on it's own while maintaining a safe distance? I'm coming from 2003 technology where I had to "coast" to reset the CC.

The USB ports and wireless charger are nice add. But by themselves, they certainly aren't worth the cost.

What about the B/O soundsystem? Keep in mind, I still have a CD player from 2003. So I'm by no means an audiophile.
In regards to the ACC yes it will and as far as the B&O, no way to really know but it does come with more speakers and a sub-woofer ?

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm in the same boat. The price difference isnt bad to move to Lux from High on the Badlands. Especially when you break it down by monthly payment

I'm mostly getting it for the B&O sound system. It looks practically impossible to upgrade the stereo on the Bronco so I'm just going to go with the best they offer. The ACC, heated steering wheel and dash top charge ports are mostly just icing for me. Couldn't care less about the rest of the safety features.

TurboS957

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor, 2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I'm ordering Lux pkg mainly for the B&O system. Our 2021 explorer has the copilot 360 option and the wife loves it. Within first month it took over braking and saved a collision when a deer jumped out in front of the car she was following that suddenly hit the brakes. The reaction time for these driver aided systems is instantaneous. I ordered this feature for her since she is on the phone doing sales calls 99% of her driving time, her and everyone around her is now a little safer.

OP
OP
Beach_Bum

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model