Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD Offroad
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

As to the insurance portion of your question, I don't think it will lower your rates. I just got rid of a 2010 fusion off my policy and added a 2020 Toyota Corolla Hybrid. The Corolla came standard will all the safety features you're taking about: Lane assist, adaptive cruise, collision warning, auto high beams, etc, and my policy didn't really change. However, I'm with USAA which is extremely competitive to begin with. YMMV
Sponsored

Deleted member 13702

I was high package for a long time, but a couple things pushed me into the lux:

1. Researched the Evasive Driving Assist and figured it would be a good safety feature for a taller vehicle, especially when my soon to be driving daughter uses it.

2. I figured the sound system would be a good upgrade for when the top is off.

3. Don't drive on the highway often, but when I do I like ACC.

4. Want the USBs in the dash for gopro, and anything else I plan to stick up there.

Is it probably slightly overpriced, but the added safety feature is truly why I gave up some other features to add it into the build.

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One thing I'm surprised by in driving in Florida's panhandle is how hilly (I dare say mountainous) it is. I've driven the the I10 corridor to Houston a number of times. And the highest elevation will be in Florida.

I think I'm going to get the Lux. Many good points were made. And I tend to hold on to my vehicles forever so getting the tech now, it will serve me in the long run. I'm sure the B/O stereo is worth it along with the other integrated tech. I might even use the heated steering wheel on those cold mornings when it is in the 40's.
If you haven't driven from Pensacola over to Jacksonville or down I75 to Orlando you have not experienced the rolling hills in northern Florida. It is very surprising.

Realtor

Wildtrak
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Pick your corner:

Order all of the options!

I have never met an option that I don't like / want / need.

Order the base vehicle with nothing added!

They are all a waste of time, money and effort. Pure base stock.

Get what you want and don't look back. What is behind you does not matter.

Oh, and I'm getting Lux. 'Cause I like lux.

OP
OP
Beach_Bum

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you haven't driven from Pensacola over to Jacksonville or down I75 to Orlando you have not experienced the rolling hills in northern Florida. It is very surprising.
That's what I wrote. The panhandle (west of Tally) is very hilly (almost mountainous). I drive the I10 corridor to Houston to see family from time to time.

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

F-lux and your stupid capacitors! :alien: :devilish:

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One thing I'm surprised by in driving in Florida's panhandle is how hilly (I dare say mountainous) it is. I've driven the the I10 corridor to Houston a number of times. And the highest elevation will be in Florida.

I think I'm going to get the Lux. Many good points were made. And I tend to hold on to my vehicles forever so getting the tech now, it will serve me in the long run. I'm sure the B/O stereo is worth it along with the other integrated tech. I might even use the heated steering wheel on those cold mornings when it is in the 40's.
It was 24 one day when I left for work before Christmas.

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's what I wrote. The panhandle (west of Tally) is very hilly (almost mountainous). I drive the I10 corridor to Houston to see family from time to time.
BTW, I have been driving an Audi A6 for the last 5 years and appreciate all the Luxe items;
ACC
Integrated Garage door Opener
Sound System
Turned the lane departure and auto engine stop and start off. Those bother me.

OP
OP
Beach_Bum

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Pick your corner:

Order all of the options!

I have never met an option that I don't like / want / need.

Order the base vehicle with nothing added!

They are all a waste of time, money and effort. Pure base stock.

Get what you want and don't look back. What is behind you does not matter.

Oh, and I'm getting Lux. 'Cause I like lux.
I've flirted with the idea of a Base a few times over the past 6 months as it is a tremendous value. But the reality is that I'm getting too old (and too lazy) to bother with customizing a Base. When I started this journey, I started with BL and dropped back to BD. Stepped down to a BB with Mid and was happy for awhile. But seeing the 12" screen in Orlando sealed the decision that I need the High. OBX is the cheapest trim to gain access to 12" screen. I've been pretty set at High, but started thinking today to consider the Lux. From High to Lux isn't that much of a jump. So after the feedback here and reading other threads, I'm now leaning Lux. I'll just sell more treasure in May.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Beach_Bum

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It was 24 one day when I left for work before Christmas.
I am so sorry. ? I haven't seen the mid-twenties since 2010. The hard freeze then killed a bunch of my landscaping.

MnBroncoNut

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-350, Ford Fusion, Jeep CJ-7
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m currently driving a 2019 Ford Fusion which has more features than my 2017 Ford Explorer Sport ever did. I absolutely love the ACC and am really opting for the Lux just for this. You can adjust the distance you wish to keep to the car in front of you which I frequently do. I love this feature which takes care of the pace management as I focus on safely passing the car in front of me. Rush hour or high traffic, it’s so nice to have. I can’t stand the lane assist technology and keep it off nearly 100% of the time. If I leave it on, it fights me on curvey roads. I might turn it on for long freeway drives but it is still more annoying than helpful.

You will love ACC. Go for it.

splathead

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Acord
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Does anyone have any clue how Adaptive Cruise Control will work with manual transmission? Will it still break automatically or bring the car to a complete stop as needed even if I am in, say, 3rd gear? It's not a big deal for me (I just want it for highway cruising), but I'm quite curious about the pragmatics of it.
It does still break and accelerate but disengages when you press the clutch. So if when slowing down you need to downshift to speed up again, ACC will shut off.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am so sorry. ? I haven't seen the mid-twenties since 2010. The hard freeze then killed a bunch of my landscaping.
We've had more than 3 major hard freezes this winter already.
Sponsored