First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Jesus Christ that article is poorly written. Let’s parse through the crap and get some facts:

Center stack: Unique screen for the Bronco we haven’t seen yet in other Ford vehicles. Has some standard Ford features such as 360° camera and auto start stop shutoff.

7-speed manual: As has been previously reported, the 7-speed will be a 6 speed plus an “L” or granny gear. New information about this in this article is that the “L” gear will be almost completely separate from the other gears and possibly will only be available while in 4 wheel drive. This is just speculation though, but it sounds like shifting from “L” to 1st will be similar to shifting out of reverse. (I’m curious how this gear will work. In my super tall geared wrangler (3.21/2.7:1 transfer case) 1st gear in 4lo can be super jerky. Not sure if gearing lower would help that or not)

Tire sizes: As has been discussed tire sizes means nothing without the full number. However, my guess would be they are referring to 255/70r/17 (32” same as a JL sport) or a 285/70r/17(33” same as a rubicon wrangler) this is not news in any way, the original frankenrangers sported 285/70r/17 tires. And the off-road prototypes have been sporting 315/70r/17 tires which are 34.5” tires.

Overall pretty trash “leak”
Sponsored

Last edited:

BroncoJeremie

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
TFL is usually pretty accurate I think it's safe to say the 7 speed is a for sure thing. I always figured it was gonna be a crawler gear plus 6 "road" gears. It looks like the infotainment and center stack controls will be very similar to the new F-150.
Hahahaha sorry but no on the tfl being accurate especially on the bronco, according to them we should of got to see the bronco reveal at the beginning of 2019 when at the time we all here knew we were not going to see it until at least 2020

Sponsored

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Jesus Christ that article is poorly written. Let’s parse through the crap and get some facts:

Center stack: Unique screen for the Bronco we haven’t seen yet in other Ford vehicles. Has some standard Ford features such as 360° camera and auto start stop shutoff.

7-speed manual: As has been previously reported, the 7-speed will be a 6 speed plus an “L” or granny gear. New information about this in this article is that the “L” gear will be almost completely separate from the other gears and possibly will only be available while in 4 wheel drive. This is just speculation though, but it sounds like shifting from “L” to 1st will be similar to shifting out of reverse. (I’m curious how this gear will work. In my super tall geared wrangler (3.21/2.7:1 transfer case) 1st gear in 4lo can be super jerky. Not sure if gearing lower would help that or not)

Tire sizes: As has been discussed tire sizes means nothing without the full number. However, my guess would be they are referring to 255/70r/17 (32” same as a JL sport) or a 285/70r/17(33” same as a rubicon wrangler) this is not news in any way, the original frankenrangers sported 285/70r/17 tires. And the off-road prototypes have been sporting 315/70r/17 tires which are 34.5” tires.

Overall pretty trash “leak”
We got a closeup of the center stack for the first time. I wouldn't say that's a "trash" leak.

It's not a "unique" screen, it's the same one as the new F-150. Though it will be new to the Ford lineup in multiple vehicles for 2021.

JimL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Don’t see a heated steering wheel button, hope they don’t use F-150 approach where you need to dig into touch screen menus to get there. Expedition has a physical button, why not take it?
And not only that, you have to buy up all the way into the 302A package on the F-150 to get a f*cking heated steering wheel!! F Ford packaging!

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
We got a closeup of the center stack for the first time. I wouldn't say that's a "trash" leak.

It's not a "unique" screen, it's the same one as the new F-150. Though it will be new to the Ford lineup in multiple vehicles for 2021.
Yeah I’m just being cynical. my guess is that this is a ford-sanctioned leak because of ALL the things you can take a picture of inside a Bronco you take a picture of the screen? fat chance lol. They’re gonna need to offer more than this to make up for that bullshit video they hyped up for almost a week

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yeah I’m just being cynical. my guess is that this is a ford-sanctioned leak because of ALL the things you can take a picture of inside a Bronco you take a picture of the screen? fat chance lol. They’re gonna need to offer more than this to make up for that bullshit video they hyped up for almost a week
Bronco Nation.

In Paint's internet world, I don't know that I've had a bigger letdown.

Oh wait.

Drivetribe.

Sponsored

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Bronco Nation.

In Paint's internet world, I don't know that I've had a bigger letdown.

Oh wait.

Drivetribe.
oh GAWD don't remind me about Drivetribe.

Oh, and, my first thought with Bronco Nation was "great, it's Drivetribe for Broncos"

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I joked the other day with my brother that at this point, they ought to just show a close up video of a pair of hands slowly pulling off a piece of camo tape on the thing lol

bronco_maybe

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Equinox(company car), Silverado Z71, Elantra GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have a (possibly) dumb question. If the Bronco has a super low range gear, does this negate a need for a 4-LOW transfer case? Maybe even just an AWD system and can get into 4LO with just your gearing?

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I have a (possibly) dumb question. If the Bronco has a super low range gear, does this negate a need for a 4-LOW transfer case? Maybe even just an AWD system and can get into 4LO with just your gearing?
This will make rock crawling in the crawler gear easier. 4lo + crawler (granny) gear = SLOW lol.

If anyone else grew up on a farm you know granny gear and 4 lo on the transfer case makes picking up square bales to throw on the trailer a lot easier ?
Sponsored