Sponsored

Keep seeing post on possible price increases for MY22.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Typical, yes.

But most vehicles don’t launch with a few hundred thousand orders at the same time from customers who had been waiting a year + for their vehicle. Not saying it won’t happen, but this isn’t a typical vehicle launch.
To me, that makes it more likely there will be a price increase. Make hay while the sun shines.
Sponsored

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Brew3x

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well every car, truck, van, snowmobile and motorcycle I've ever bought has had a price increase from year to year. This will be no different.
Did you pre order? I ordered a motorcycle before the model was ever introduced just like the bronco scenario and there was no increase because we had a signed agreement. I don’t know the answer.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To me, that makes it more likely there will be a price increase. Make hay while the sun shines.
To me that makes no sense. Good luck explaining to your customers that after they ordered their vehicle and agreed on a price that they decided they couldn’t build it in time so now they have to pay more. I know GM did it with corvette owners but it doesn’t mean it’s acceptable.

The consumer in me wants Ford to honor what they have said. The realist knows they’ll do whatever they want because they’re a business and they don’t actually give a shit about you.

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Technically, everyone that converts their reservation will lock in the price for a MY21 build order. If your order isn't built, you will need to resubmit a MY22 build order. At that time, you will lock in the price for a MY22 with a new agreement.

Now, Ford may honor the previous year's pricing, but they certainly aren't obligated to do so. If the terms for a MY22 build aren't agreed upon, you order will be cancelled and $100 refunded.

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you pre order? I ordered a motorcycle before the model was ever introduced just like the bronco scenario and there was no increase because we had a signed agreement. I don’t know the answer.
Some where a pre order. I think because of the popularity of the Bronco they will raise the price for '22. They already said if your order is not converted in '21 you will have to re-order in '22. I don't think they will jack up the prices to much but I fully expect some increase on a hot new product. It could be s could be a couple hundred to the msrp and another $50 on the destination charge. ?‍♂

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It seems like a potential PR disaster if orders are placed and deposits are collected from 10s of thousands of people only to have Ford come back and request more money. Not that it is an apples to apples comparison, but how do some of the expensive sports cars that have year plus waits handle model year changes and price updates?
This happens when dealers sell vehicles without an allocation. If order slips to next model year, you typically pay the new price (or may cancel). If price increases in same model year (happens frequently), then you do not typically have to pay the mid-year price increases unless you change the order.

Also, Ford was very clear that a reservation is not legally binding in any way.

Be sure your dealer agrees to honor the same relative price if MY22 (e.g. invoice+X) even if you change options.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
But the Explorer isn't a new launch. The Bronco is popular and they know they can increase the prices for the first few years.
It was a new launch (new generation) for 2020. A launch that went really really bad. So, maybe there's hope for a Bronco price decrease after all. :LOL:

Sponsored

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It was a new launch (new generation) for 2020. A launch that went really really bad. So, maybe there's hope for a Bronco price decrease after all. :LOL:
Doh, I forgot it was a new launch. Hopefully you're right. Maybe a free SAS package for all! ?

69351windsor

Base
First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Merc, Ranger, HD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Absolutely will go up. The '21 Bronco I have on reservation is going up daily!! But some of it is my own doing :LOL:

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Price will go up, even on 21 orders, the price will likely be higher when it arrives than when you ordered. Usually they go up quarterly. If you get a 21, a sold order has price protection and the dealer will sell it at the original price and Ford will reimburse them (eventually). As to the one's that roll over to 22's, normally if you order and it doesn't get built, you have to reorder an the new prices the next year.

Fleet has some rollover pricing, but I've never seen it on retails, of course I've never seen a model that we know will have sales rolling to next model year before ordering of this year has even started so anything is possible, but my bet is you'll be paying more for a 22.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Doh, I forgot it was a new launch. Hopefully you're right. Maybe a free SAS package for all! ?
Isn't Ford already giving the customers a bunch of "sass"?

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands