Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This 2-door TT-build was spotted at gas station across the street from MAP. The driver was pumping gas and in a meeting at same time so I didn’t want to bother him too much but he did let me look inside. Unfortunately, I didn’t get a pic of the interior - he had quite a bit of stuff in there. A few observations and my opinions:

I do not like A51 on the Sport, but I think it works very well on the Bronco and has moved up on my list.

The stance looks good with 32” tires (think they are actually 31.7”) I will probably squatch, but if you don’t want big tires you may be happy with these, and the Generals look tough. Also, I liked the optional wheels in person. The sweet spot for the BD would probably be 33” tires… Does anyone more knowledgeable than I know if 33” can be slapped on these wheels without any other modifications?

The grille looks much better in person and feels quality to the touch. I’ve always thought the BD grille looked cheap in photos but it looks really good in person. It’s probably my favorite grille design.

The MGV interior is really soft and supple feeling. It’s also pretty dark, closer to what’s represented on the CGI pics in B&P.

View attachment 77021

View attachment 77022
after seeing these pics def upgrading my black diamond to these wheels man Area 51 looks great too
Sponsored

BD1

Badlands
First Name
BD1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I forgot to add the MIC roof is looking a lot better than the earlier versions. This one looked almost satin black to my eyes.
Thanks for sharing. So does the MIC look darker in person than your pictures where it still looks gray? Cameras have a hard time with dark grays/satin black and can make them look lighter than they are.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Who would have ever thought that Winter in SE Michigan could be this much fun - we can go Bronco hunting every weekend during the day and read Bronco forums all night. Hahaha!
I did some wheeling last weekend at the cabin too! Can’t wait to take the Bronco!!!!

44D27CB5-5CDD-457A-B9A2-CA4EDEDA0F69.jpeg

F77A8989-23B8-4F0F-9858-AA8DA21D9492.jpeg

00F6D96B-2777-4D00-A08C-A23A6F481ABE.jpeg

1C626D89-940A-46FE-8716-891CC48F3F88.jpeg

B3AB201D-5568-430F-9C2F-FF7D0CCB7617.jpeg

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for sharing. So does the MIC look darker in person than your pictures where it still looks gray? Cameras have a hard time with dark grays/satin black and can make them look lighter than they are.
It is not black, but the dark grey on the three colors I have seen it paired with looked good (Silver, CO and OW). It does appear darker in person than in pics IMO.

Reactions: BD1
OP
OP

2021BD

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 JK Willys, '18 Mustang GT, '21 Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yes, this one looked DARK gray to my eyes. Maybe calling it satin black is a stretch, but it was darker than the other 2 MICs I've seen, which both had a flatter finish as well. I just looked at my phone pics again, the pics I posted didn't turn out super clear.....

Sponsored
OP
OP

2021BD

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes, this one looked DARK gray to my eyes. Maybe calling it satin black is a stretch, but it was darker than the other 2 MICs I've seen, which both had a flatter finish as well. I just looked at my phone pics again, the pics I posted didn't turn out super clear.....
I think Satin almost Flat for MIC is a good description ... Thought the same from the Bronco I saw displayed at the Auto show...
Ford Bronco 2-door Black Diamond Area 51 with optional wheels spotted DSC_0488.JPG
Ford Bronco 2-door Black Diamond Area 51 with optional wheels spotted DSC_0487.JPG
Ford Bronco 2-door Black Diamond Area 51 with optional wheels spotted DSC_0490.JPG

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Really digging the Area 51 with the mic top. Holding my breath for velocity blue to see how that combo looks.

Fifred

Black Diamond
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xterra, Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I haven't seen anyone mention this before. Anyone notice the door handles, some painted body color, some black? I don't see a pattern but I like the black better. Also, have you noticed the bronco on the back it's either chrome or black. Again, I like the black!

noahr

Black Diamond
First Name
Noah @ Mullinax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This 2-door TT-build was spotted at gas station across the street from MAP. The driver was pumping gas and in a meeting at same time so I didn’t want to bother him too much but he did let me look inside. Unfortunately, I didn’t get a pic of the interior - he had quite a bit of stuff in there. A few observations and my opinions:

I do not like A51 on the Sport, but I think it works very well on the Bronco and has moved up on my list.

The stance looks good with 32” tires (think they are actually 31.7”) I will probably squatch, but if you don’t want big tires you may be happy with these, and the Generals look tough. Also, I liked the optional wheels in person. The sweet spot for the BD would probably be 33” tires… Does anyone more knowledgeable than I know if 33” can be slapped on these wheels without any other modifications?

The grille looks much better in person and feels quality to the touch. I’ve always thought the BD grille looked cheap in photos but it looks really good in person. It’s probably my favorite grille design.

The MGV interior is really soft and supple feeling. It’s also pretty dark, closer to what’s represented on the CGI pics in B&P.

Ford Bronco 2-door Black Diamond Area 51 with optional wheels spotted DSC_0490.JPG
eyyy apart from the grill guard this is literally my build good looks for posting

Sponsored

DC9atnight

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I haven't seen anyone mention this before. Anyone notice the door handles, some painted body color, some black? I don't see a pattern but I like the black better. Also, have you noticed the bronco on the back it's either chrome or black. Again, I like the black!
Sadly you picked two choices that you can’t have together. I believe the paint matching door handles are OBX and WT and the black Bronco is WT. Aftermarket already solves being able to swap chrome and black Broncos as this is a replacement part on earlier Broncos. I don’t follow FE so can’t speak to that.

OP
OP

2021BD

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
eyyy apart from the grill guard this is literally my build good looks for posting
After seeing it in person, really thinking this is my build as well, including the color. I will ask again as I know there are many very smart gearheads on here who have dissected these vehicles to the extent that they can at this point: Does anybody know definitively if one can slap (safely) 285/70/17 tires on these optional Black Diamond wheels without any further modifications? If so, I think I am good to go with the BD! Thanks!

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Great news KC...I'm sure there will soon be a lot of new pics. Since there are so many 'old' pics floating around, we need some way to know these starting Monday are 'the real deal'
-wink wink- -nudge nudge-

Triathlonfun

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Black Diamond looks good and is the best value I think. I’ll be going with Race Red, 4D, SAS and 2.7. I’d love to get that 12” screen but too much $ to jump up to Badlands w/high with the other options I want.

I saw the MIC top in Moab and I thought it looked great.
Sponsored