Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Dealers that invest in Bronco Showroom upgrades will get a few more MY2021 Allocations
https://carbuzz.com/news/ford-dealers-that-upgrade-their-showrooms-will-get-more-broncos-to-sell

Ford Dealers That Upgrade Their Showrooms Will Get More Broncos To Sell

This will help dealers keep up with the high demand for the new Bronco.

The new Ford Bronco is one of the Blue Oval automaker's most important product launches in a long time. Demand for the reborn off-roader is astronomically high, to the point that the First Edition sold out just four hours after the Bronco's world debut. With production starting in May and customer deliveries beginning this summer, dealers will need as much inventory as possible to keep up with the demand. According to a document seen by Ford Authority, Ford will offer extra Bronco allocations to dealers, but there's a caveat: they will need to invest in expensive showroom upgrades.
The document details Ford's planned "Bronco branded facilities program" that allows dealers to add a dedicated showroom display for the Bronco or a standalone Bronco-only facility.

The program is optional and is not required for dealers to sell or service the Bronco. But the more dealers spend on these upgrades, the more Broncos will be allocated to give dealers an advantage. Dealers that spend less than $12,500 won't receive any extra Bronco allocations.

Investing between $12,500 and $24,999 will gain one extra allocation, while dealers that spend $25,000-$37,499 on upgrades will receive an extra two allocations. Three extra allocations will be given to dealers spending $37,500-$49,999, while four will be allocated to dealers that invest $50,000-$62,499. An extra five Bronco allocations will be given to dealers spending $62,500-$74,999.

To get the maximum number of six allocations, dealers will need to spend $75,000 or more on showroom upgrades. To be eligible, dealers must be approved by Ford, while the standalone Bronco facilities will need to meet specific guidelines and state franchise laws.
Dealers with unfulfilled commitments or "substandard" facilities will not be approved and Ford will also need to approve the location of the standalone Bronco facilities. These showrooms will only be used to sell new and used Broncos and Bronco Sports. Additional Bronco allocations will be spread over the 2021 and 2022 model years depending on the demand and production schedule.
Sponsored

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Whatever dealer your reservation is with, better contact them and encourage them to invest in a showroom upgrade so you can get your Bronco sooner. :)

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Max of 6 extra allocations for 75k? Don’t think it’s really moving the needle much

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well ain't that special. What's the small local dealers (like mine) to do? They certainly can't afford that. Seems to me just another treat for the mega dealers. But that's just me, and my conspiratorial mind at work again. :)

OrlandoBroncos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Didn't Ford say all 2021 model years will only be reservation holder cars?
Yes. These would be more allocation to get more of their customers orders fulfilled faster.

The most interesting part is that Ford is pushing for stand alone Bronco facilities. It seems like they have a long term plan for the Bronco brand to expand.

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Didn't Ford say all 2021 model years will only be reservation holder cars?
No, just that no stock orders before reservations, dealer can still sell these allocations, just as special orders, not off the lot.

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anybody who is in construction or has done a bathroom or kitchen remodel knows that you can spend $10k - $75k real quick without much return. Almost seems like they missed a decimal point. Kind of an odd way for Ford to increase dealer allocation but I am sure many will jump on the opportunity.

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I mean those allocations have to come from somewhere... Ford can only build X number of 2021 Broncos. Sounds more like a threat: "Upgrade your dealership or lose allocations"