Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Standard Bumper is plastic...

The Heavy Duty Modular Bumper...has a slew of features and is a required add for the brush guard and front steel bash plate options also if you plan to order a winch from the factory... Bring your own fog lamps.

The Capable Front Bumper has been listed in error and is not available as a 2021MY option.
I never understood what the "capable" front bumper was. It seemed the HD bumper was more than "capable".

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

what makes you think the capable bumper is DIO? it wasn't in the accessories section of the BNP
That is Exactly where the Capable is found.. .in the Accessory section down at the bottom. But you CAN not find it if you are pricing say a Badlands.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I never understood what the "capable" front bumper was. It seemed the HD bumper was more than "capable".
Simply put, the Capable Bumper is a hybrid between the Standard "Plastic" bumper with Fog Lights and the all Steal HD without Fog Lights. So it it Steal + Plastic and is supposed to be able to make use of the Winch Add-on, yet you could not add that with the B&P right now.

Buckin Bronco

Badlands
First Name
ChoSunJuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just hope that someone makes a stuby internal winch mount bumper. I'm really not liking how the winch mounts to the modular bumper.

Sponsored

Bictatar

Wildtrak
First Name
richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Can you flat tow off the front hooks of the HD Modular bumper? Any one?

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Panaran

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CX5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I placed an order for an Outer Banks with the modular bumper just for the bash plate protection, however it looks like the stock bumper also has some level of plate protection? If anyone could clarify what type of protection coems on the stock, regular OBX bumper, that would great.

CGBronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Panamera Turbo, 1993 Foxbody Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
On my Wildtrack order, I picked the modular front bumper option. Can anybody confirm that this option does not come with the matching steel rear bumper like on the Badlands? If not, I guess I'm going to ride out this plastic stuff till the Aftermarket comes out with something or just order the Badlands rear bumper from Ford down the road.

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have been BD w/Mid from the start as it will be a tow vehicle, and as someone pointed out, the other bumper has recovery loops, not tow bar attachments, so there is that.
So an update.... I have bumped up to a non-sas BL's with high. And the frame mounted recovery pins pass thru both bumpers and can be fitted with loops or towing adapters.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Lorenzo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What are the back bumper options

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know on the BD, BL, and WT it is steel, not sure on other models that option the Mod front bumper. Common sense would dictate it would also be steel to match, but.... Ford hasn't shown a lot of that on this launch.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On my Wildtrack order, I picked the modular front bumper option. Can anybody confirm that this option does not come with the matching steel rear bumper like on the Badlands? If not, I guess I'm going to ride out this plastic stuff till the Aftermarket comes out with something or just order the Badlands rear bumper from Ford down the road.
I know on the BD, BL, and WT it is steel, not sure on other models that option the Mod front bumper. Common sense would dictate it would also be steel to match, but.... Ford hasn't shown a lot of that on this launch.
I remember hearing that if you option the front heavy duty bumper on a trim that comes with plastic bumpers, it does not come with the rear steel bumper to match.

Let me see if I can find that...

::EDIT::

Here's all this... (still trying to find the source for that Q&A )

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco Bumpers Explained -- Standard vs Heavy Duty Modular vs Capable Bumper Capture.JPG
Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco Bumpers Explained -- Standard vs Heavy Duty Modular vs Capable Bumper 20201203_202603
Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco Bumpers Explained -- Standard vs Heavy Duty Modular vs Capable Bumper 1602304634436

Last edited:

CGBronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Panamera Turbo, 1993 Foxbody Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I remember hearing that if you option the front heavy duty bumper on a trim that comes with plastic bumpers, it does not come with the rear steel bumper to match.

Let me see if I can find that...

::EDIT::

Here's all this... (still trying to find the source for that Q&A )

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco Bumpers Explained -- Standard vs Heavy Duty Modular vs Capable Bumper 1602304634436
No steel rear bumper if you option the front. Kinda weird that they only offer front as an option right? Why not the pair? It either plastic or steel throughout. I’ll let the imports have the plastic. This bronco needs steel whether it’s from Ford or Aftermarket.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No steel rear bumper if you option the front. Kinda weird that they only offer front as an option right? Why not the pair? It either plastic or steel throughout. I’ll let the imports have the plastic. This bronco needs steel whether it’s from Ford or Aftermarket.
I bet it’s all down to cost savings. Legitimately, tons of people can’t even tell the rear bumpers apart. I think it’s pretty obvious... but the front bumpers more so.
Sponsored