Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seems like there is a few people on here already that are from the Central Texas area so thought I would start up a thread just for us in hopes to coordinate future meet ups and what not. A gas station by my house is like a hub for jeep meet ups (and other car meets) as they cruise up 281 to Marble Falls for trail riding events. Look forward to seeing who else is from the area!
Sponsored

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I'm SE east of San Antonio

dmtndan

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Silverado, 2014 Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Currently in N. SA, grew up in the Farming Community of Clear Springs/Zorn inbetween Seguin and NB. Will be going to N. Oklahoma in a year for Air Force Undergraduate Flight Training.

OP
OP
j_marinelli

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Home is Schertz, north of SA. Currently stationed in Oregon though
Thank you for your service! I actually use to live over in Cibolo before tracking up to Spring Branch.

Currently in N. SA, grew up in the Farming Community of Clear Springs/Zorn inbetween Seguin and NB. Will be going to N. Oklahoma in a year for Air Force Undergraduate Flight Training.
Seems like I eat over at Clear Springs Cafe once a month (well before all this crap started happening)! My niece is about to marry a Marine in flight training. They will be headed to Florida.

Sponsored

dmtndan

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thank you for your service! I actually use to live over in Cibolo before tracking up to Spring Branch.

Seems like I eat over at Clear Springs Cafe once a month (well before all this crap started happening)! My niece is about to marry a Marine in flight training. They will be headed to Florida.
the crap as in NB has overgrown those communities? Or corona? Both are annoying to me! :ROFLMAO:

dmtndan

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just wait... the planners got really far ahead with 130, give it another 5-10 and then everything between Austin and Luling will be filled in too. That will be the part that will really hurt my heart, in HS I and my buddies made a map of every dirt road between here and there. Now more than half of them are paved, and by that time they may be 4 lane roads!

OP
OP
j_marinelli

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

the crap as in NB has overgrown those communities? Or corona? Both are annoying to me! :ROFLMAO:
Meant the corona but ya the growth is crazy in the area.

OP
OP
j_marinelli

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just curious who is the go to dealer for everyone? Not really sure here LOL. I have bought 2 Fords from Bluebonnet, 2 from Northside, and 1 from Red McComb.

Sub_Sonarman

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus SE, 2018 F-250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I live on the far west side of SA. Glad to see there is a local group of us. I moved here from Washington State in 2013 and was a four wheeler up there, but haven't done any in TX yet. Started looking for local ORV places and I was surprised by how few and far between they are. I guess it's because all the land in TX is owned by someone. In Washington there's a lot of public land, which is open to everyone. At any rate, I hope to glean some great info from y'all before I get the Bronco.

I've bought a car from McCombs Ford West, a car from Mac Haiks Southway Ford and a truck from Northside. Wasn't pleased with any of the experiences. Even though I went thru internet sales for all three, they all tried to raise the price after I showed up. I feel like they are all in the dinosaur sales era, "what do you want the monthly payment to be?". Still used four square at McCombs even though the price of the car was prenegotiated. The truck was a special order and also prenegotiated price. On the day of pickup they told me it was going to be $1500 more than planned because they tinted the windows, put nitrogen in the tires and etched the VIN on the windows. All stuff I didn't ask for. I was highly irritated and made it known and they gave me an extra $1000 on my trade-in. I would have walked but I had sent emails to all local dealers and Northside was cheaper than everyone else for the build I wanted. Plus I had gotten a 2018 at the very end of sales for that FY and would have paid more for a '19 anyway.

Sponsored

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I got my last truck from Jordan Ford in SA and it was a good experience. My salesman has since retired though. I think I may engage Bluebonnet Ford in New Braunfels as well. Bluebonnet may get the highest allotments they are a volume dealer.