Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge 2500 diesel
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hey guys, does anyone know the height of the hitch from the ground? I need to know for my camper. It looks to be approximately 25 or 26 inches but can’t really tell. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am starting to be concerned if you can even tow with the Sasquatch, let alone where the hitch height is. Jeep has the same problem with the Gladiator being too heavy. By the time you add people, no room for trailer hitch weight. BL and BD with Sas and all the bash plates and disconnect is a decent amount of weight already, then add all the tire weight.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hey guys, does anyone know the height of the hitch from the ground? I need to know for my camper. It looks to be approximately 25 or 26 inches but can’t really tell. Thanks in advance.
The info is on this forum somewhere.

Regardless you can buy a number if different ball mounts that will work for your configuration.

OP
OP
cbrownabq

cbrownabq

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge 2500 diesel
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The info is on this forum somewhere.

Regardless you can buy a number if different ball mounts that will work for your configuration.
I have searched. Also, my concern is that the hitch isn’t high enough. Can’t go up much due to spare.

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I plan on towing my 4000 (including fuel) pound 20.5' jet boat/trailer 4 miles to the boat launch just about every weekend with the 4 door Wildtrak . . . I'm expecting it will be fine. I currently tow with a Raptor - which is as high as the Wildtrak will be - and have a 2" dropdown which lines up fine with the trailer. I do not think there will be any height issues with the wide array of options for hitches.

Sponsored
OP
OP
cbrownabq

cbrownabq

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge 2500 diesel
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That’s cool. My camper is raised for forest service roads etc so it sits pretty high. I’m really just looking for a height number. I’m kind of banking on the aftermarket for developing a class III hitch.

Eggsalad

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 V8 4Runner 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have searched. Also, my concern is that the hitch isn’t high enough. Can’t go up much due to spare.
I looked at the hitch height with the factory spare mounted - especially a 35" spare. There could be some problems with a rise hitch which I need for a lifted trailer. IIRC the hitch from the ground was apx 25 inches. Really we have to see when these get in production and can be seen at the dealer.

OP
OP
cbrownabq

cbrownabq

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge 2500 diesel
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah. My biggest concern is really the hitch mount itself. I’ve decided to do aftermarket bumper with a real hitch that won’t have any strength issues. I can add stiffer springs if necessary.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Roughly 150/Ranger height. Not a huge amount of difference until you get into 1/2/3 ton trucks. There are so many rise/lowering sizes it isn't an issue.

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
With the use of hitch rise/drop/extender, you should be able to get it close.

Sponsored

Eggsalad

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 V8 4Runner 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah. My biggest concern is really the hitch mount itself. I’ve decided to do aftermarket bumper with a real hitch that won’t have any strength issues. I can add stiffer springs if necessary.
That's probably the best way to go. Aftermarket will be jumping on the Bronco as fast as they can to beef up the rear suspension and hitch.
Sponsored