First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dammit. I've been deadset on Cactus Grey from the jump.
And now these pictures have me considering Velocity Blue (Black Diamond buyer), which I never ever even thought twice about. Unbelievable.
Ford Bronco ⚡ Lightning Blue Bronco 2 door + Oxford White Wildtrak + herd getting shipped out ? farleysandler
Sponsored

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The undercarrige looks to have a french influence....fragile

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
What I was told bodies are in the paint warehouse still! They got them just not sent them down the line yet!
According to Esteban in the 12-30-20 build Q & A, Velocity Blue is built and will be shown early 2021. Also in the 1-7-21 BN live Q & A, that guy hinted that a Velcoity Blue will be shown soon and it maybe a BL.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I appreciate each and every picture! Don't mean to be talking shit.

Just pointing out why things look different. Even after all these photos some still don't get how lighting, exposure, and processing, can effect how we perceive colours. Most of the complaints of MIC are from this lighting. Not what the actual product looks like in real life.

The confusion of LB, VB, and the "third" blue colour reflect that as well.

Sponsored

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Based on the cans I saw in Towsend, they are quite different colors. LB is a nice rich "real" blue to me whereas VB seems artificial and something I'd tire of after 6 months. I'd be all over LB if it didn't take another $25k to get that option.
Yeah, Lightning is a bit darker and more to the the burple side. Velocity is a shade or so lighter and more to the teal side of blue.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Looks nice for the blue crowd, regardless of factory lighting.

Was there information out a few months ago that Ford was retiring the Lightning Blue shortly as its been around for awhile? Or was that just random speculation?
I don't think Ford has come out and said specifically they are, but it's been eliminated on all products except the 2020 Ranger ('21 changes to VB), and the aging Indian-built EcoSport. And they change colors every few years, and LB has been around since at least '15.

Ok, all three of these are allegedly Lightning Blue. But to me the middle one is darker, is it just me or does anyone else see that?

Lightning Blue 2021 Bronco 2-Door manual transmission 1.jpg
C83AB65A-3062-44EB-B661-7A8165EDBEDE.jpeg
Lightning Blue 2021 Bronco 2-Door manual transmission 2.jpg
Just an illusion due to lighting conditions.

The upper and lower photos are on the factory floor on the assembly line - you can see (especially in the lower photo) that the body is up high on the equipment and the lights are close to the body for the workers to see while they install parts. Compared to the middle photo, where it looks like a regular warehouse, with the lights up on the ceiling.

I have an LB Mustang, and can verify that these both look accurate for the color given the lighting conditions. It can look pretty dark when the light source is far away/not directly on it, but pops when lights are closer/brighter.

----

Even though it's LB and no VB, and not a 4 door, I'm thrilled to finally see a real photo in one of these two blues. I knew I'd be getting VB all along, but just helps seal the deal.

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looking at that undercarriage I can see I will have to do something to protect that catalytic converter, as high as the Bronco sits it will be snap to rip off, and I don't feel like dishing out $$$$ for a new one. Lots of them getting stolen out here.
We got the same problem down in SoCal too, lots of security cams showing guys ripping off Cats ? Come get mine ? ?

BuckinT29

First Edition
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 4C Spyder, Ducati V2, BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Hate to say it but I’m not excited anymore- same old shit.

Sponsored

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs