mC.242

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Now only if we could find a way to store the doors in the doors!

To be fair, I get his point. If you are leaving the Whole top on to venture out, decide later you want the roof open (cube on), I would also be inclined to store the roof panels on a rack on that cube if it ended up looking halfway decent an didn't cause 100db of wind noise, as the doors would be in the back also, leaving no room for the roof.
It is a quandary.
However, we are already an evolution step forward of the direct competitor on on-board storage in stock form.
I'm sure some aftermarket will come up with a clever way to store stuff.
I'd be OK with a sunrider insert that covers the front and back, but so far I've only seen one for the front - and it's just a concept.
Sponsored

Scooter

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I would think if you flipped the rear seats down on the 4 door the rear panel would fit in the back.

OP
OP
mC.242

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It makes me laugh to think that we're trying to come up with a way to store the roof on the roof.
Why is that?
I think it's a pretty valid concern being out and about with a top you can't close.
Just because you don't care doesn't mean other people don't.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Why is that?
I think it's a pretty valid concern being out and about with a top you can't close.
Just because you don't care doesn't mean other people don't.
It's not that I don't think it's valid for others. It's just the irony of it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
mC.242

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It's not that I don't think it's valid for others. It's just the irony of it.
I understand that. It is kind of funny when you think of it, but it's something I'm seriously thinking about as I try to figure out which top to get. I will be using my Bronco as a daily driver, with lots of beach trips, parking downtown for baseball games, etc. and I really don't want to have to leave the 2nd row on all the time because I don't have a way to close it later.

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

While I love the fact that you can remove the panels from both the first and second rows with the 4dr hard-top, it's also a concern leaving home without the 2nd row panel. What happens if you want to park on the street later in the day? If it rains? People get cold/hot/etc.? The front panels can be stored in the back, but not the 2nd row.

What would be awesome is if there was a roof rack/accessory that you could attach the 2nd row panel over the rear part of the top that stays on. Pop the 2nd row up there, put the first row panels in the back and have all the pieces with you. Best of both worlds from a fun, protection, and security standpoint.

I know people will just tell me to get the soft top, but that opens up a whole new set of issues too.

Maybe I'll just have to design and sell it myself :)
What would be cool is if they could channel them and slide within themselves.

OP
OP
mC.242

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
What would be cool is if they could channel them and slide within themselves.
That would be great.
Maybe I'll just cut it in half and put some hinges in the middle so I can stow it in the back :ROFLMAO:

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Now I want to find a way to hang the front set of doors off the rear quarters to have more space in the cargo area...

Door saddle bags?
Not too far off of a glass truck.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

, parking downtown for baseball games, etc.
LOL! I bet the Broncos get built and delivered far before the "lockdown" unlocks.

Sponsored

VGK_Fan

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi S5 Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fab a mount that attaches the roof to the spare tire. Or use a couple of fat guy belts.

KAQ

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru Crosstreck
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

drop one side of back seat, slide roof in, problem solved

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How about the hood mounts? Maybe the aftermarket will make brackets that clamp on the hood mounts that hold the roof panel? Only for off highway use? Or we could bet silly and mount it to the limb riser cables as a sun visor? Or maybe a removable hood so we could put the roof panel over the front of the engine as a hood and the body colored hood over the cab as a body colored roof. Or maybe I should just stop playing with legos here? Also a easy place to stow the roof panel would be on a a rack that mounts to the spare tie. Should be light enough to not matter much to the hinges. I know it would block the backup camera (which you shouldnt need since you have mirrors but you could simply ratchet strap it to the back of the spare. Also I have a good idea for a solution for Broncos and Jeeps. A fold up, stowable, metal framed rain and weather soft panel made to mount in place of the hard roof panels. Security wise not any better than a soft top but it would save you when the rains come. I imagine it folding up to be no bigger that a beach umbrella. Thats it, thats the money maker there. I am going to be filthy stinking rich, none of you take my idea. Ignore this :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
mC.242

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

While I love the fact that you can remove the panels from both the first and second rows with the 4dr hard-top, it's also a concern leaving home without the 2nd row panel. What happens if you want to park on the street later in the day?
Then you park on the street and don't worry about it.

If it rains?
That's what the MGV interior is for. For those that don't get MGV, I strongly suggest seat covers. It will get rained in.

People get cold/hot/etc.?
They'll just have to deal with it.

All of these problems are the same if you remove the entire top. You just gotta make concessions.
Sponsored