First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So I have a question that I feel we all ignored......

What happens AFTER the reveal? What do we do over the next 10+ months or so waiting for the vehicle to actually be produced? How much hype will Ford lose during that span? Especially to those people wanting a 4x4 for the winter months and maybe just can't hold on?
I'd imagine there will be a trickle of additional info about the little things right up until they're on trucks headed to customers.

Personally, they haven't sold it to me yet. They need to tell me about it, show it to me, and SELL it. Tell me why I need it over the competition. I'm in no rush, and I understand why it hasn't been done yet. But they need to teach my financially conservative brain that buying this will be okay and I don't have to buy a 4Runner. Because those are dead nuts reliable, last forever, and have fantastic resale. They're just boring AF and have technology from the Jurassic Period.
Sponsored

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd imagine there will be a trickle of additional info about the little things right up until they're on trucks headed to customers.

Personally, they haven't sold it to me yet. They need to tell me about it, show it to me, and SELL it. Tell me why I need it over the competition. I'm in no rush, and I understand why it hasn't been done yet. But they need to teach my financially conservative brain that buying this will be okay and I don't have to buy a 4Runner. Because those are dead nuts reliable, last forever, and have fantastic resale. They're just boring AF and have technology from the Jurassic Period.
just got done talking to a coworker who is also interested in the bronco about that with the 4runner. it is boring as hell to drive, but never complains when I tow at its limits, has given me less problems than any ford I've ever had. It also has the most anemic engine I've ever seen, maybe even worse than the Jeep options. I think an old 2002 hyundai I had had more umph to it than the 4runner.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I will say this, you guys are way more patient than I am. Hell we've waited 24+ years for another Bronco. And I myself HATE to wait. I'd rather walk into a store to buy something than wait for Amazon to ship it.

I will be buying a Bronco when they do finally come out. My Mustang just doesn't handle the snow the way I'd like it to. ? But damn this wait is killing me!
I'd say people have differing relationships with time. Some act like they're going to live forever. For my part, I'm no longer 20yrs old, and lately have seen several people fall ill, and some won't even be here by the time Bronco finally arrives. (Sorry to be a downer.)

Anyway I'm looking forward to the new Bronco reveal, and hope it's a home run, and we finally have another open-top rugged 4x4 along side Wrangler. 10 months from now to buy? Man that seems like a lifetime at this point. Who knows. Either way it will be nice having another vehicle in the genre and watching people have fun with it.

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wouldn’t go that far. Like I said. Ecoboosts are outselling the 5.0 almost 3:1 and rumor is the 5.3 in the Chevy isn’t going to last much longer in favor of the 2.7.

cant tell you how many people I talk to that have a 2.7 Ecoboost F-150 that day they were going to buy the 5.0 until they testdrove the 2.7.
Agreed the 5.0 motor isn’t a great truck engine but it isn’t horrible for a sports car. I find it much more likely to have a new v8 coming out soon with cylinder deactivation.
I don’t want a twin turbo v6 as a truck. When I’m towing a 8,000lb boat in 110 degree weather up a launch ramp I’d take my v8 any day.

the reason the 2.7 outsells the 5.0 is because the 5.0 is a crappy motor for a truck in comparison to the 5.3

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I have a question that I feel we all ignored......

What happens AFTER the reveal? What do we do over the next 10+ months or so waiting for the vehicle to actually be produced? How much hype will Ford lose during that span? Especially to those people wanting a 4x4 for the winter months and maybe just can't hold on?
Build and price tool

Sponsored

jimbo92

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Agreed the 5.0 motor isn’t a great truck engine but it isn’t horrible for a sports car. I find it much more likely to have a new v8 coming out soon with cylinder deactivation.
I don’t want a twin turbo v6 as a truck. When I’m towing a 8,000lb boat in 110 degree weather up a launch ramp I’d take my v8 any day.

the reason the 2.7 outsells the 5.0 is because the 5.0 is a crappy motor for a truck in comparison to the 5.3
Ever towed with the an ecoboost vs literally any V8 half ton on the market? It is a far superior truck motor.

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ever towed with the an ecoboost vs literally any V8 half ton on the market? It is a far superior truck motor.
No but you miss my point.

Towing with a turbo v6 in HOT weather will reduce your power quite a bit. I don’t want to be lacking power trying to pull the boat out of the water on a steep launch ramp.

yes you lose power in a NA motor in heat as well due to air density but the loss in the turbo is much more

LorenzeTorres

Badlands
First Name
Lo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/ 2002 BMW M3/ 2016 BMW M2/ 2016 Triumph Thruxton R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No but you miss my point.

Towing with a turbo v6 in HOT weather will reduce your power quite a bit. I don’t want to be lacking power trying to pull the boat out of the water on a steep launch ramp.

yes you lose power in a NA motor in heat as well due to air density but the loss in the turbo is much more
Heat soak

OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I really hope there are some cool stripe options for the Bronco.

securitysix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'm in a similar boat. I don't need a Bronco. I have a vehicle that does what I need it to do (haul firewood and drag my ass to and from the office every day).

I want an offroad toy, that I can but probably won't ever turn into an overland rig, preferably an SUV. I have been drooling over used Series 60 and 80 Land Cruisers, 4Runners, and X-Terras for a while now. Then I heard that this Bronco thing might actually happen.

The Bronco has a chance to scratch my want itch. Given what I can get a used FJ-60, FJ-80, 4Runner, or X-Terra for, Ford is going to have to make me want to spend the coin on getting a new Bronco over a used competitor.

But I'm a patient enough guy that I can wait to see what comes of the Bronco. Gives me more time to save more pennies.

Sponsored

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
just got done talking to a coworker who is also interested in the bronco about that with the 4runner. it is boring as hell to drive, but never complains when I tow at its limits, has given me less problems than any ford I've ever had. It also has the most anemic engine I've ever seen, maybe even worse than the Jeep options. I think an old 2002 hyundai I had had more umph to it than the 4runner.
Yup. I've driven quite a few 4Runners. And even the rentals I've had were just fine for my driving. Their towing capacity is right on my lower limit, but would suffice.

They're quieter and smoother than my Tundra (to be expected), but good lord that's an old platform that needs updating (also looking at you, Tundra). They're dropping the new one in 2022...Likely announce it/show it in Feb 2021...So the start of next spring is going to be an interesting time in the mid-sized truck-based SUV market.

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs