Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@Zach@Granger all I want to know, is Ford going to honor the reservation holders and fulfill all the orders made before they start shipping regular Broncos, and since I ordered in October am I look at my23 now?
I’m no doctor but I don’t think they’re is any chance in hell you get a MY23.

I did stay at a holiday inn express a couple years ago though.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My dealer hasn't heard about the allocations yet. Talked to my dealer contact this morning. He didn't know anything.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Man these allocation threads are sucking the life out of the Order Guide and Accessory List threads. :(

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My dealer hasn't heard about the allocations yet. Talked to my dealer contact this morning. He didn't know anything.
Did you ask him about simple math? What the weather was? Maybe the time? His name? NOTHING???

Wow...

Sponsored

Migs1313

Badlands
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco & Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't feel bad my said the samething so I gave him this forum and told him they should start reading.

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No, I'm not an attorney but work closely with our legal group when we negotiate h/w and s/w purchases from our suppliers. Contract review is part of that and I can assure you that software vendors can be very slippery when it comes to crafting their T's & C's so close and careful review is essential - especially since these tend to be multi-year deals with 10's of millions of dollars in potential expense commitments on a single contract.

For that reason I absolutely read my agreement prior to completing the reservation and also saved it.

Please point to where I made a derogatory comment about you.
So you're not an attorney but you did stay at a holiday in express last night. Got it. If you had read the terms and conditions of the reservation contract when it was initially posted (which you are pretty clearly implying you didn't even though you said I should have, and I did) it was actually fairly poorly drafted and did not offer wiggle room for them to add this nonsense dealer allocation limitation. If you had followed this saga since the beginning you'd know that Ford did originally intend it to be a true first come, first served (to the extent possible) reservation system. They only changed it after the large dealership groups bulked at not getting enough "allocations" so they have come up with this opaque allocation system to appease the franchisees, and I'm guessing their in-house counsel department is praying people don't make a big deal of this because it's a pretty clear breach of contract and completely negates the entire point of the reservation system.

That being said, this really isn't worth our time. Ford is screwing over what would be their most loyal customers. I'm on the land rover defender builder as we type because they're my backup vehicle if this doesn't work out. The SmokingTire review was pretty impressive to me.

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

One thing for everyone to keep in mind is that this entire calculus is based on converting 70% of reservations to orders. I have maintained from the beginning that there is no shot in hell Ford converts 70% of these orders. 40% is a more likely number. That changes things significantly especially for later July and early August res holders.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm just glad you quoted the post directly above your post so no one would get confused and think that maybe you were replying to the post posted prior to the original post.

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You're telling me that the T&C says that Ford would have to hold up the entire production so me, a guy in another country, can get my Sasquatched, Lux, Wildtrak with every accessory I could check off, in the order I reserved even though they ran out of supplies?

But, you're right, I'll believe you, anonymous attorney. You went to school and not me.
No, that's in fact not what I'm saying. You're reading a lot into what I'm saying that I did not in fact say. To use your example, the language in the terms as originally posted provides for building according to availability of parts, so if they don't have the parts for the sasquatch then they can build a later reservation while waiting for your parts. However, no part of the terms and conditions allowed for them to delay building your vehicle because of limitations on dealer allocations. In fact, when the reservation system first was introduced Ford appears to have intended to build them in line with reservation numbers as close as possible within manufacturing constraints (e.g. batch manufacturing efficiencies and availability of parts). However, the dealerships seemed to have balked at this and forced Ford into this asinine allocation system which completely negates the reservation system and is a breach of the initial contract (which is why they've rewritten the new T&C several times to account for these changes for new reservations).

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

So you're not an attorney but you did stay at a holiday in express last night. Got it. If you had read the terms and conditions of the reservation contract when it was initially posted (which you are pretty clearly implying you didn't even though you said I should have, and I did) it was actually fairly poorly drafted and did not offer wiggle room for them to add this nonsense dealer allocation limitation. If you had followed this saga since the beginning you'd know that Ford did originally intend it to be a true first come, first served (to the extent possible) reservation system. They only changed it after the large dealership groups bulked at not getting enough "allocations" so they have come up with this opaque allocation system to appease the franchisees, and I'm guessing their in-house counsel department is praying people don't make a big deal of this because it's a pretty clear breach of contract and completely negates the entire point of the reservation system.

That being said, this really isn't worth our time. Ford is screwing over what would be their most loyal customers. I'm on the land rover defender builder as we type because they're my backup vehicle if this doesn't work out. The SmokingTire review was pretty impressive to me.
Good points, I have not stayed at Holiday Inn but I do use Nolo software.

So your point is Ford is in breach of contract, where do we sign up for your class action lawsuit? (Just kidding)

Last edited:

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One thing for everyone to keep in mind is that this entire calculus is based on converting 70% of reservations to orders. I have maintained from the beginning that there is no shot in hell Ford converts 70% of these orders. 40% is a more likely number. That changes things significantly especially for later July and early August res holders.
We shall see on that...I bet it’s close to 70% who convert. You might see a bunch of cancellations once people find out they aren’t getting MY21s, but initially I think it’s close to Ford’s projection.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No, that's in fact not what I'm saying. You're reading a lot into what I'm saying that I did not in fact say. To use your example, the language in the terms as originally posted provides for building according to availability of parts, so if they don't have the parts for the sasquatch then they can build a later reservation while waiting for your parts. However, no part of the terms and conditions allowed for them to delay building your vehicle because of limitations on dealer allocations. In fact, when the reservation system first was introduced Ford appears to have intended to build them in line with reservation numbers as close as possible within manufacturing constraints (e.g. batch manufacturing efficiencies and availability of parts). However, the dealerships seemed to have balked at this and forced Ford into this asinine allocation system which completely negates the reservation system and is a breach of the initial contract (which is why they've rewritten the new T&C several times to account for these changes for new reservations).
The T&C also says they can make changes to the program. Which they obviously have done.

If it's such a slam dunk, with 190,000 reservations, why wouldn't someone be taking this on?

RonM0710

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Edge; Suz. XL7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend