Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
First, I want to thank the large contingent of passionate enthusiasts on Bronco6G for their welcoming attitude towards us as a dealership. This reception is humbling and we will continue to do our best to be an asset to the community.

I would be remiss if I did not thank Ford as well. While it is easy to complain on the consumer side of the table. They are bringing to market a SUV that invokes passion from a wide collection of people. This has been accomplished through a set of circumstances that no one could see coming. With Covid-19, and the uncertainty that showed the automotive industry in March/April. The huge supply constraints that have faced all industries with parts backorders and short availability on new car inventory. This has been a challenging time.

But Ford has certainly gotten it right where it counts. The Ford Bronco inspires passion unlike countless examples of nameless mid-size SUVs from other brands. This is a great thing, because if no one cares you arenā€™t doing your job correctly. I donā€™t think Ford has received enough credit for this. Selfishly this has been a great opportunity for our store and we are very blessed to be a part of it. While running through the challenges that this opportunity brings can certainly be frustrating at times, it is important not to lose sight of the fact that weā€™re fortunate to be in this position.

Now for the Number 1 question I have received and Iā€™m sure that is one everyoneā€™s mind is ā€œWHEN WILL I RECEIVE MY (insert date of reservation) BRONCO?

What do we know?

• Ford has announced on multiple occasions that they have over 190,000 reservations. There are also articles cited from July 31st that the Bronco had achieved 150,000 reservations at that point. From our data we have (pre-October special) this is the rough reservations we have by date prior to our October special.

Ford Bronco When Will I Get My BRONCO?? - Granger Ford 1610733034518

I would think our data is a good sample of the rest of the nation. The graph above shows percentages based upon dates in July. So as you can see we received roughly 14% of our reservations on July 13th, 20% on July 14th 10% on July 15th then started to taper down to 6%, 4% then 3%. Others have posted on this in the past with a more extensive data set. But roughly 50% of all reservations were made within the 13th-16th time frame in July from our data set.

• Automotive new has quoted Mark LaNeve at one point stating that, ā€œover 75% of the roughly 165,000 refundable deposits will be converted to salesā€
  • There will be commodity restrictions on high demand items. Sasquatch, Lux Package, 2.7L V6, among other items will be restrained.
  • The production of cars can be a confusing process. We are a dual-franchised store with FCA as our other brand we carry. We ordered 2 Retail order 2500s for customers that are currently in-transit to our store and both in the same estimated arrival date currently. One order was placed on 11-16 the other order was placed on 9-16. The order placed on 11-16 was for an item with more ā€œhigh demandā€ and with commodities that should be harder to get than the 9-16 order.
  • Some dealers have reported approximately 30% of their reservations as their initial estimated allocation. 190,000 x 30% = 57,000 production units.

What do we do with this information?

• The number 1 impact on total allocation will be the number of reservations converted to orders and the second factor isnā€™t close. If 75% of reservations convert to orders that equals 142,500 Broncos or over 1 year of production capacity (roughly 15 months estimate). If that drops to 50% that would put production at 95,000 orders or 25% would put production at 47,500.
Ford Bronco When Will I Get My BRONCO?? - Granger Ford 1610733088684
  • Dealer Allocation ā€“ Dealer allocation will play a part in overall Bronco ordering. There has been some misinformation about what allocation is and how it works. Allocation is a commitment between Ford and the dealer on how many vehicles the dealer will order and get produced for that dealership. This does impact reservation holders where a dealership will not be able to get a vehicle scheduled without the allocation first. Right now, Fordā€™s initial allocation is based upon Fordā€™s best ā€œguessā€ on how many orders convert. The final number will be announced in April. The conundrum for the customer is that you need to commit to a dealer before finalizing your order which ends March 19th.
  • Commodity Restraints ā€“ This will absolutely play a big part in the timing of your order. Imagine a scenario with two order placed at exactly the same time on 7/14. One order is a big bend 4 door, the other a Wildtrack 4-Door with leather seating. It could potentially be months difference in delivery timeframe because of the options that someone chooses.
  • It is my opinion that Ford is estimating high on the conversion percentage. I can certainly understand why, because they have to plan for that amount of production and I would estimate high if I was in that position. I see the fulfillment rate coming in close to 40-50% when all is said and done. That would put total reservations converted around 85,000 at 45% and would allow approximately 75% of the total allocation to be scheduled as 21 MY Broncos. Regardless of where you stand, I hope to have provided enough information to provide you the ability to make the determination and decision for yourself based upon the data.

In conclusion, the uniqueness and customization of the Bronco is one of the reasons that customers are drawn to the car. You can make it uniquely yours and like no other Bronco on the road. Just as unique is the motivation that everyone has to purchase their Bronco. Some want to be the soonest. Some want to make sure they get exactly what they want without compromise regardless of timing. Yet others want to find the best deal out there. This is a good talking point with your dealership of choice and Iā€™m sure they will work with you to make sure you are taken care of properly.

For our customers we really appreciate you choosing us. As we have always been we want to be as customer centered as possible. It would be foolish of me to guarantee anything that I cannot stand behind. We will commit to working with every customer based upon their motivation to purchase as best as possible. We are excited for the ride and thank you for the opportunity to earn your business!

-Zach
Sponsored

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have said all along 40-50% reservation to order conversion rate. People fall in and out of love with vehicles quickly plus the aggravation with this process will turn people off.

PrevCYBRTRKrez

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4dr Badlands, 2020 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First, I want to thank the large contingent of passionate enthusiasts on Bronco6G for their welcoming attitude towards us as a dealership. This reception is humbling and we will continue to do our best to be an asset to the community.

I would be remiss if I did not thank Ford as well. While it is easy to complain on the consumer side of the table. They are bringing to market a SUV that invokes passion from a wide collection of people. This has been accomplished through a set of circumstances that no one could see coming. With Covid-19, and the uncertainty that showed the automotive industry in March/April. The huge supply constraints that have faced all industries with parts backorders and short availability on new car inventory. This has been a challenging time.

But Ford has certainly gotten it right where it counts. The Ford Bronco inspires passion unlike countless examples of nameless mid-size SUVs from other brands. This is a great thing, because if no one cares you arenā€™t doing your job correctly. I donā€™t think Ford has received enough credit for this. Selfishly this has been a great opportunity for our store and we are very blessed to be a part of it. While running through the challenges that this opportunity brings can certainly be frustrating at times, it is important not to lose sight of the fact that weā€™re fortunate to be in this position.

Now for the Number 1 question I have received and Iā€™m sure that is one everyoneā€™s mind is ā€œWHEN WILL I RECEIVE MY (insert date of reservation) BRONCO?

What do we know?

• Ford has announced on multiple occasions that they have over 190,000 reservations. There are also articles cited from July 31st that the Bronco had achieved 150,000 reservations at that point. From our data we have (pre-October special) this is the rough reservations we have by date prior to our October special.

Ford Bronco When Will I Get My BRONCO?? - Granger Ford Thanks

I would think our data is a good sample of the rest of the nation. The graph above shows percentages based upon dates in July. So as you can see we received roughly 14% of our reservations on July 13th, 20% on July 14th 10% on July 15th then started to taper down to 6%, 4% then 3%. Others have posted on this in the past with a more extensive data set. But roughly 50% of all reservations were made within the 13th-16th time frame in July from our data set.

• Automotive new has quoted Mark LaNeve at one point stating that, ā€œover 75% of the roughly 165,000 refundable deposits will be converted to salesā€
  • There will be commodity restrictions on high demand items. Sasquatch, Lux Package, 2.7L V6, among other items will be restrained.
  • The production of cars can be a confusing process. We are a dual-franchised store with FCA as our other brand we carry. We ordered 2 Retail order 2500s for customers that are currently in-transit to our store and both in the same estimated arrival date currently. One order was placed on 11-16 the other order was placed on 9-16. The order placed on 11-16 was for an item with more ā€œhigh demandā€ and with commodities that should be harder to get than the 9-16 order.
  • Some dealers have reported approximately 30% of their reservations as their initial estimated allocation. 190,000 x 30% = 57,000 production units.

What do we do with this information?

• The number 1 impact on total allocation will be the number of reservations converted to orders and the second factor isnā€™t close. If 75% of reservations convert to orders that equals 142,500 Broncos or over 1 year of production capacity (roughly 15 months estimate). If that drops to 50% that would put production at 95,000 orders or 25% would put production at 47,500.
Ford Bronco When Will I Get My BRONCO?? - Granger Ford Thanks
  • Dealer Allocation ā€“ Dealer allocation will play a part in overall Bronco ordering. There has been some misinformation about what allocation is and how it works. Allocation is a commitment between Ford and the dealer on how many vehicles the dealer will order and get produced for that dealership. This does impact reservation holders where a dealership will not be able to get a vehicle scheduled without the allocation first. Right now, Fordā€™s initial allocation is based upon Fordā€™s best ā€œguessā€ on how many orders convert. The final number will be announced in April. The conundrum for the customer is that you need to commit to a dealer before finalizing your order which ends March 19th.
  • Commodity Restraints ā€“ This will absolutely play a big part in the timing of your order. Imagine a scenario with two order placed at exactly the same time on 7/14. One order is a big bend 4 door, the other a Wildtrack 4-Door with leather seating. It could potentially be months difference in delivery timeframe because of the options that someone chooses.
  • It is my opinion that Ford is estimating high on the conversion percentage. I can certainly understand why, because they have to plan for that amount of production and I would estimate high if I was in that position. I see the fulfillment rate coming in close to 40-50% when all is said and done. That would put total reservations converted around 85,000 at 45% and would allow approximately 75% of the total allocation to be scheduled as 21 MY Broncos. Regardless of where you stand, I hope to have provided enough information to provide you the ability to make the determination and decision for yourself based upon the data.

In conclusion, the uniqueness and customization of the Bronco is one of the reasons that customers are drawn to the car. You can make it uniquely yours and like no other Bronco on the road. Just as unique is the motivation that everyone has to purchase their Bronco. Some want to be the soonest. Some want to make sure they get exactly what they want without compromise regardless of timing. Yet others want to find the best deal out there. This is a good talking point with your dealership of choice and Iā€™m sure they will work with you to make sure you are taken care of properly.

For our customers we really appreciate you choosing us. As we have always been we want to be as customer centered as possible. It would be foolish of me to guarantee anything that I cannot stand behind. We will commit to working with every customer based upon their motivation to purchase as best as possible. We are excited for the ride and thank you for the opportunity to earn your business!

-Zach
Could we get that chart through September 18th? Supposedly this is the date Ford used to calculate the allocations. One could get a better idea when we fit into the %30 of the pool.

Sponsored

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

detailed update! Much appreciated ...

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well hell, if I had known you were posting this I wouldnā€™t have taken 10 minutes of Alberts day up on the phone ?

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love the bronco since I was a snot nosed 6 year old ridin in my Dadā€™s ā€˜73, what makes this reservation process special is dealing with people like Zach and Albert at Granger...
Keep on Rockin Granger!

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With one more delay I can see the only 2021 models being the First Editions. It's all just a waiting and guessing game right now. Nobody knows.
Sponsored