Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I can’t see any benefit of this over a Ranger. Two door bronco truck on 4 door bronco wheelbase or don’t bother. The world doesn’t need another 4 door/tiny bed truck.
Agree Jeep and Ford should offer a two door truck version.
Ford Bronco 2024 Bronco Pickup Truck Rendered 20190831_075240-COLLAGE (1)

Last edited:

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah most people who use small trucks for things that dont require a full size capacity dont need to take the whole family to haul dirt or blocks or whatever. Its usually just a quick trip to home depot. Plus every time you end up with a 4 door the bed gets cannibalized and you only have 4 or 5ft of space. In a full size its wider so not as bad. If a truck bed isnt 6ft and you cant lay down with your girl or whoever to watch the stars, then you dont know what having a truck is about.

chipbutty

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing cool
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The spare wouldnt be on the gate it'd be on a swing arm. Then you got your gate. Although it would be pretty trick that the tailgate could swing with the tire if you pulled the right handle. I definitely wouldn't want the spare dragging underneath or taking up bedspace.
Defeats the purpose of a pu truck if you cant leave the gate down for loading longer objects. The best thing would be to have the rear seats fold flat with pass through on the cab wall like the Chevy Avalanche had. Stick the spare under the bed but that lengthens the rear overhang which is what hurts the Gladiators looks imo.

Sponsored

chipbutty

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing cool
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The J6 is the cat’s ass. Unfortunately its a modded Wrangler and they say no plans to actually build it. While it looks amazing and ppl say they love it, apparently research shows that very few fans of this configuration would actually end up putting money down on a truck like this.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Ford Escape '09 Mercury Mariner
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Marginally better than the Gladiator and that’s not saying much. Zero chance the Bronco truck would have a spare on the gate..that’s just dumb.
In the box would be better.
I wouldn't be surprised if this outsold the 4 door if they were to build it.
Is this the Isreali J8?

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Ford Escape '09 Mercury Mariner
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Defeats the purpose of a pu truck if you cant leave the gate down for loading longer objects. The best thing would be to have the rear seats fold flat with pass through on the cab wall like the Chevy Avalanche had. Stick the spare under the bed but that lengthens the rear overhang which is what hurts the Gladiators looks imo.
Boom.
Ford Bronco 2024 Bronco Pickup Truck Rendered Unknown

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wouldn't be surprised if this outsold the 4 door if they were to build it.
LOL

Nobody wants 2-door trucks. Just looking briefly it sounds like 90% of pickups sold are 4-door. And of the 10% that are single cab I’d bet at least 75% are fleet sales.

Superds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
LOL

Nobody wants 2-door trucks. Just looking briefly it sounds like 90% of pickups sold are 4-door. And of the 10% that are single cab I’d bet at least 75% are fleet sales.
I want a two door truck. My kid and wife would think that’s silly. Before I had a kid I had several two door trucks. And it was awesome only having two doors. So, now I would only buy something with a backseat. I think lots of people want two doors, just not practical for most when new pickups cost an annual salary and financed until they’re worn out.

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I want a two door truck. My kid and wife would think that’s silly. Before I had a kid I had several two door trucks. And it was awesome only having two doors. So, now I would only buy something with a backseat. I think lots of people want two doors, just not practical for most when new pickups cost an annual salary and financed until they’re worn out.
Totally fair. I revise my previous statement: nobody BUYS 2-door trucks.

Foolster

Base
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996Suburban2002Mustangconvertible2002SportTrac
Your Bronco Model
Base
Why would you not move the rear axle back to center the bed to improve your departure angle?

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah I have a full size bronco with a swing arm and a tailgate and have several times driven home with the back open. The simple answer is a ratchet strap. Im sure ford could come up with a locking mechanism. in a position where the tail light is not obstructed. Its pretty simple. Unless you have a street only full size truck and superfast AAA service the spare under the bed is just a pain in the butt. Id mount it on the front bumper before I purposefully did that.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thats why I think the truck should be a simple 10 minute or so modification of the 4 door. Seats pop out, the rear passenger floor area folds up against the front seats as a bulkhead to which the rear portion of the hardtop slides forward and affixes to after you unlock the rear cage. It doesnt seem that hard. Slip fit cage connections with heavy duty collar, that weird overhead console in the front fits in the notched center of the hardtop like how the jeeps are. Some quick releases on the seats and a folding floor panel with a couple of seals. And rear doors without a frame that can handle the elements. At my work we have a 2 row kawasaki mule that has a fold up second row that makes the bed bigger. It would just be an evolution on that idea.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
LOL

I had a 93 Lightning and a 14 Tremor. Those were perfect for me.
Sponsored