Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Apologies if this has been discussed at length.
We know the size difference, we have a general idea on weight difference etc...

do we know which set of tires will handle better in the snow?

I know neither will be better than a true Winter tire, but I'd like to not throw another $1500 immediately at this truck for snow tires, so I am wondering which set would perform better.

any ideas?

IMO the sasquatch tires appear to have a tread pattern that makes more sense for snowy conditions, but then again I know very little about tires.
Sponsored

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mud tires aren't the greatest in snow but as with anything that's going to depend from tire to tire. All-terrains would be the better choice for snow

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD Offroad
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Tread doesn't make a huge difference in snow, because snow and ice will pack into the tread. What makes the difference is a skinnier tire to cut through the snow (hence the commonly used name "pizza cutters"). In general, I would say mud tires may not be the greatest choice for snow.

Also, since the Sasquatch Goodyear tires have literally never been used, you're going to get the cliche "no one can know yet" answer. I personally will go with the stock Badlands tires which I believe are BFGoodrich A/T KO2s. The KO2s set a high standard for what a good all terrain tire should be, and do well in the snow. If it doesn't come with KO2s, I'll put those on

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tread doesn't make a huge difference in snow, because snow and ice will pack into the tread. What makes the difference is a skinnier tire to cut through the snow (hence the commonly used name "pizza cutters"). In general, I would say mud tires may not be the greatest choice for snow.

Also, since the Sasquatch Goodyear tires have literally never been used, you're going to get the cliche "no one can know yet" answer. I personally will go with the stock Badlands tires which I believe are BFGoodrich A/T KO2s. The KO2s set a high standard for what a good all terrain tire should be, and do well in the snow. If it doesn't come with KO2s, I'll put those on

Yeahhh....That's not true. Mud tires are not good in snow.
http://knowhow.napaonline.com/winter-wheeling-can-you-use-mud-tires-in-snow/
https://simpletire.com/learn/tire-maintenance-safety/how-do-mud-tires-perform-in-snow

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The K02s are snowflake-symbol rated. They work in the snow and ice. Take it from a guy who drives to the ski hills all winter.

;)

Sponsored

Bigmoose

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Flex Ecoboost Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The biggest factor is temp rating. The softer the rubber at cold temps the better. Sounds like they improved the BFGs. The original A/T KOs were like driving slicks in the snow.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We really don't know yet...Goodyear stated they were going to test the new tires for the 3 peak snowflake, but I haven't seen results. The KO2 has the symbol and they are decent in snow. The Goodyear actually looks to have more siping than the KO2, so I am optimistic that it is pretty good in the snow. We will have to wait for testing and reviews or real world experience to really know.

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I feel like I read awhile back that the MT tire for Sasquatch stands for “maximum traction” not “mud tire” like it normally is. I agree confusing.

as far as snow tires go, you want snow to build up a bit. Mud tires do too good of a job at ejecting snow and also have a rubber compound that gets too hard in the cold.

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It’ll be tough for those Goodyear’s to be as good as KO2’s in the snow. I got KO2’s on my F-150 about a month ago. I took a ride during 4-6” snowstorm. Ended up driving 1.5 miles of untracked whatever (didn’t show up as a road on the nav system) - no problem at all 30-40 mph through it all. No traction loss at all even without any weight in the bed. And in 2 wd.

Sponsored

rtsherry73

Outer Banks
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Here ya go, best ever snow tire. Original equipment 1975 tires (I think 1975....) Rode like crap, made noise, but never stuck in snow. NEVER.
Ford Bronco Snow Traction | Badlands Tires v Sasquatch tires A A A Bronco Pic
Ford Bronco Snow Traction | Badlands Tires v Sasquatch tires A A A Bronco Pic

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The biggest factor is temp rating. The softer the rubber at cold temps the better. Sounds like they improved the BFGs. The original A/T KOs were like driving slicks in the snow.
Texas-sized 10-4 on this comment! The early-generation A/T T/As would work pretty good in snow until about half-worn through the tread, then they turned into bricks! The new ones I run all winter with confidence.

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD Offroad
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs