First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
My dealer mentioned that it may be better to hold off on accessories that are easy to install at Dealers for two reasons:
1. Will minimize chance of delay.
2. Could use FordPass Points to get them.

I want a roof rack with canoe holder and the switches. He said wait on the Roof Rack, but get the switches because the dealer install time would cost a lot more than at the factory.

Also, he mentioned no additional deposit, but he really wanted to make sure that I could follow through. He told me that he will get penalized if I don't take the vehicle, in terms of future Bronco allocation.

Ford Bronco Reservation Suggestion from Dealer: Hold off on Accessories Canoe Front

Ford Bronco Reservation Suggestion from Dealer: Hold off on Accessories Bronco No Doors Roof
Sponsored

DealerInsider

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chapmannewcars.com
Vehicle(s)
A stolen FE reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

My dealer mentioned that it may be better to hold off on accessories that are easy to install at Dealers for two reasons:

I want a roof rack with canoe holder and the switches. He said wait on the Roof Rack, but get the switches because the dealer install time would cost a lot more than at the factory.

Also, he mentioned no additional deposit, but he really wanted to make sure that I could follow through. He told me that he will get penalized if I don't take the vehicle, in terms of future Bronco allocation.

Ford Bronco Reservation Suggestion from Dealer: Hold off on Accessories Bronco No Doors Roof

“He told me that he will get penalized if I don't take the vehicle, in terms of future Bronco allocation.” Correct...needs to be at 80% or above reservation to order to sold name and address match...1st time it’s a warning, 2nd time loses 1 months worth of Bronco allocation, 3x or more losses 3 months worth of Bronco allocation

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Same thing I'm doing for the BD i just ordered,but i get the parts/accessories at cost.(guess thats the payback for all the hours lost doing warranty repairs for 23yrs lol)

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

In the hostage video, it was said that Ford would inform you in May if an accessory or option delays your vehicle. Just FYI

Sponsored
OP
OP
Pancho Kornwallace

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Same thing I'm doing for the BD i just ordered,but i get the parts/accessories at cost.(guess thats the payback for all the hours lost doing warranty repairs for 23yrs lol)
So you can get them at cost, but also use FordPass Reward Points?

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

“He told me that he will get penalized if I don't take the vehicle, in terms of future Bronco allocation.” Correct...needs to be at 80% or above reservation to order to sold name and address match...1st time it’s a warning, 2nd time loses 1 months worth of Bronco allocation, 3x or more losses 3 months worth of Bronco allocation
Our first view of what the dealer penalties are. Thanks

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In my opinion, don't make compromises as you will regret them. The point of getting accessories now is to role that cost into your financing. This also gives you warranty protection, although buying from dealership later will likely give protection, but it will be purchased separately.

I don't care on a delay on my Bronco as I keep echoing, but strongly suggest to all to control emotions mostly so the dealership doesn't screw you over, which is exactly what they're going to try doing.

Sponsored

Yukon65006

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Jeep Patriot, 06 BMW F650GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you are at one of the dealerships that offered invoice or under the salesman may be trying to up their profit numbers. Accessories now at the discount verse later at full price.

Firefly

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ford F250 Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Only factory installed accessories that may be in limited supply can cause a delay. Dealer installed accessories that may be of limited or delayed supply will not cause a delay of build or delivery. you will just return to the dealer to get them when they arrive.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It sounds like your dealer is a straight shooter. I'll wait with most accessories to avoid hang ups and use my FordBucks. I am however going to order the Rack/Rails because I'll need it right away and imagine commodity constraints will affect my ability to order later, they probably will send parts to the line first rather than parts departments. If Rack/Rails will delay my build I hope they let me know in May, I could wait for it if I had to.

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My dealer told me the same. I was going to add floor mats to my order and she said to just buy them later. Also, I was told my lack of any accessories added would probably help getting it sooner with no delays. Basic Badlands build.
Sponsored