Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm ordering the cargo area fridge accessory.. Kinda sorta considering dropping from a 4dr to a 2dr. Does anyone know if that disqualifies me for the fridge ?
Sponsored

carrellslake

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Last edited:
OP
OP
Vigor

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What do you mean disqualifies? It isn't mounted to the vehicle so it doesn't matter.

By the way, you can get one just like it for way cheaper on your own. This one is twice the capacity and only $329 compared to the $759 for the one in the B&P.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZNNQ16M/ref=twister_B0838SXT6Z?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
Not going for the b&p one
The one in the accessories guide is half that price

I'm wondering more about the measurements. The 2dr doesn't seem to have a lot of room back there....

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm ordering the cargo area fridge accessory.. Kinda sorta considering dropping from a 4dr to a 2dr. Does anyone know if that disqualifies me for the fridge ?
I'm getting a 2dr and will certainly be taking my Dometic CFX35 connected to my Jackery 1000 portable battery whenever I go camp and/or wheeling.

Need a place for my 12 pack of beer don't I? Free country!

Yes, the fridge will fit in the 2dr, but the size of the fridge makes a big difference.

Before you order that one from the factory, I suggest researching a couple of off road brands. Of course I recommend Dometic; they're rugged, energy efficient, work very well as a small deep freezer or emergency freezer when you lose power and need to keep something cold (like a fridge full of steaks or seafood or ice cream, or medicine that must be kept cold)

ARB is the other brand that is highly trusted for all of these reasons.

Dometic may be a little more expensive, they do have sales, but my unit was like $900 and is a recent upgrade. The comparable ARB may be a little cheaper (give or take $100 or so).

Why spend this much? Well, for beer! Besides that, food on the trail that you'll cook and beverages, no need to hunt ice, deep freeze when not in vehicle.

My battery is more of a luxury and was $800, but the cheaper 500 models can run a fridge for a weekend easily and keep your gear charged. There are many options here.

Battery is a luxury, but it protects your trucks battery from charging down even though the newer Dometics manage power consumption and will power down the unit before killing your battery and yes this feature works; part of the price. The insulation is also akin to a Yeti cooler, but with power, 12v or 110 outlet. Your car can keep fridge charged while you're driving.

Anyway, look them up and compare what you need.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm wondering more about the measurements. The 2dr doesn't seem to have a lot of room back there....
You're going to want to put the back seat down when wheeling or camping for added space, but my fridge will fit behind the 2dr, but other gear would need to stack.

Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Aww man, just reading your name Vigor. My bad to ramble, you know all of this shit! :ROFLMAO:

Thought the question was from someone new, so was trying to be helpful.

Yea man, I think the one from Ford is small enough where it'll fit for both and it was an option on my configurator. I do think the Ford one is a nice price, and may even be an ARB. Think their is a built in inverter on certain trims like the badlands too.

OP
OP
Vigor

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Aww man, just reading your name Vigor. My bad to ramble, you know all of this shit! :ROFLMAO:

Thought the question was from someone new, so was trying to be helpful.

Yea man, I think the one from Ford is small enough where it'll fit for both and it was an option on my configurator. I do think the Ford one is a nice price, and may even be an ARB. Think their is a built in inverter on certain trims like the badlands too.
Thanks. Gonna just go ahead with that order and let them tell me what I can't do

Outbound Exploration

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Sonic Hatchback RS, Looking to upgrade to Bronco*
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm getting a 2dr and will certainly be taking my Dometic CFX35 connected to my Jackery 1000 portable battery whenever I go camp and/or wheeling.

Need a place for my 12 pack of beer don't I? Free country!

Yes, the fridge will fit in the 2dr, but the size of the fridge makes a big difference.

Before you order that one from the factory, I suggest researching a couple of off road brands. Of course I recommend Dometic; they're rugged, energy efficient, work very well as a small deep freezer or emergency freezer when you lose power and need to keep something cold (like a fridge full of steaks or seafood or ice cream, or medicine that must be kept cold)

ARB is the other brand that is highly trusted for all of these reasons.

Dometic may be a little more expensive, they do have sales, but my unit was like $900 and is a recent upgrade. The comparable ARB may be a little cheaper (give or take $100 or so).

Why spend this much? Well, for beer! Besides that, food on the trail that you'll cook and beverages, no need to hunt ice, deep freeze when not in vehicle.

My battery is more of a luxury and was $800, but the cheaper 500 models can run a fridge for a weekend easily and keep your gear charged. There are many options here.

Battery is a luxury, but it protects your trucks battery from charging down even though the newer Dometics manage power consumption and will power down the unit before killing your battery and yes this feature works; part of the price. The insulation is also akin to a Yeti cooler, but with power, 12v or 110 outlet. Your car can keep fridge charged while you're driving.

Anyway, look them up and compare what you need.

I was just looking at these, so I'm super glad you posted a review! Thank you for this and I will most likely go this route too?

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was just looking at these, so I'm super glad you posted a review! Thank you for this and I will most likely go this route too?
Awesome! Happy to help. Buy both battery and fridge or one at a time since we're talking over a grand.

Some people debate on which to grab first. I'll say this, the battery (if you plan to go that route) will change/update, matter when changed much more often than fridge.

My last fridge was purchased like in 2011 and it still works, just passing it down. Got the Jackery last year and should be useful for another 3-5 years I hope. I'd get one with USB-C to future proof.

Good luck!

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
With all the controversy over at the gvwr thread, I assumed clicking on the fridge option would automatically delete any other options you may have picked.

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How deep is cargo space on 4 door ?