First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm not saying it should be discounted for the first year. I'm saying if they wanna lure more prospective buyers, it wouldn't be the worst idea to undercut Jeep...regardless of whether it's the first year or 5th year. While not deal breakers for me, I know many even now that scoff at the IFS and the eco-boost engine options in a "serious" off-road vehicle. It is what it is. Regardless, Jeeps are comically overpriced as far as I'm concerned but they've had little competition and no incentive to price them more affordably. Honestly, why would they... unless a competitor comes along with a superior product at a cheaper price? It'd be quite the coup if it turned out the Bronco was hardly a slouch and can be had for 2k (or whatever) less than a similarly equipped Jeep.
The idea that a Jeep is overpriced is absurd to me. A body on frame vehicle with unlimited customization options, durability to go well over 300k miles, and insane resale makes them a great value. If you want to talk overpriced just look at ANY sedan. Drive it off the lot and it drops 40% of its value. Price is relative... I’d rather spend $40k on a vehicle with good resale value, durability, and high utility vs $30k on something that has none of those things, or maybe one of them.
Sponsored

Wolfsburg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford F-150, 1968 Ford Mustang California Special, 1969 Ford Mustang coupe, 1963 Volkswagen Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Value is subjective but I have never seen anything close to $40k in value in any Jeep I've ever been around. It's a simple little runabout, not particularly known for reliability or build quality in any circles I've been involved with, and from my point of view, there's nothing inherently mindblowing about them that warrants anywhere close to that pricepoint. Jeeps bank heavily on "image" and a certain subset that just might buy them if they had they only had 3 wheels. That's great for FCA execs but isn't an indicator of what they're really worth as far as I'm concerned. As long as that "fanboi" mentality exists and the competition doesn't drive the price down, FCA can ask what they want though.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Value is subjective but I have never seen anything close to $40k in value in any Jeep I've ever been around. It's a simple little runabout, not particularly known for reliability or build quality in any circles I've been involved with, and from my point of view, there's nothing inherently mindblowing about them that warrants anywhere close to that pricepoint. Jeeps bank heavily on "image" and a certain subset that just might buy them if they had they only had 3 wheels. That's great for FCA execs but isn't an indicator of what they're really worth as far as I'm concerned. As long as that "fanboi" mentality exists and the competition doesn't drive the price down, FCA can ask what they want though.
Engine durability is fine for the newest generation, but nothing to write home about. Assuming you are leaving the vehicle stock or not wheeling hard, the auto trans and transfer case are bomb proof. Dana solid axles are the same. Frames are the same, interior is simple and durable, and waterproof. Body panels are easily replaceable and have armor options. Any parts other than powertrain that breaks you can basically fix in an auto zone parking lot or on the trail if needed. I get where you’re coming from, just for me personally I realize the fact that a modern SUV is even available for under $40k is a fantastic deal. A modern vehicle is an absolute bargain Vs any time in history. Let’s just compare right now, hey look at what an Eddie Bauer Bronco would’ve cost inflation adjusted!
Ford Bronco A complete 2021+ Bronco 6G specs & info rundown, because there’s nothing else to do... 0C8E0AE0-59D4-4982-9BE0-8DEC7F637948
Ford Bronco A complete 2021+ Bronco 6G specs & info rundown, because there’s nothing else to do... 0A584176-841A-44C8-9D66-CE73DFE0FC93

A 2021 Bronco is going to be SIGNIFICANTLY better than that 1996 Bronco in EVERY way. Like it’s not even a contest. And it’s the same price (Assuming it’s around $37k!)

Just for reference the jeep has inflated almost exactly the same amount.
Ford Bronco A complete 2021+ Bronco 6G specs & info rundown, because there’s nothing else to do... 609B9338-166B-4693-A292-46A8E3C92D6F
Ford Bronco A complete 2021+ Bronco 6G specs & info rundown, because there’s nothing else to do... 33AE6A90-4208-47F3-889C-799256758310

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Engine durability is fine for the newest generation, but nothing to write home about. Assuming you are leaving the vehicle stock or not wheeling hard, the auto trans and transfer case are bomb proof. Dana solid axles are the same. Frames are the same, interior is simple and durable, and waterproof. Body panels are easily replaceable and have armor options. Any parts other than powertrain that breaks you can basically fix in an auto zone parking lot or on the trail if needed. I get where you’re coming from, just for me personally I realize the fact that a modern SUV is even available for under $40k is a fantastic deal. A modern vehicle is an absolute bargain Vs any time in history. Let’s just compare right now, hey look at what an Eddie Bauer Bronco would’ve cost inflation adjusted!
Ford Bronco A complete 2021+ Bronco 6G specs & info rundown, because there’s nothing else to do... 33AE6A90-4208-47F3-889C-799256758310

A 2021 Bronco is going to be SIGNIFICANTLY better than that 1996 Bronco in EVERY way. Like it’s not even a contest. And it’s the same price (Assuming it’s around $37k!)

Just for reference the jeep has inflated almost exactly the same amount.
My only complaint with this take is that wages haven't kept up with inflation. So 37k now is harder to afford than 23k was then.

I mean...37k starting is fine be me, and I'll likely buy one that's priced a lot higher than that. But it's becoming pretty clear that they're going to price a lot of people right back to Jeep.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
My only complaint with this take is that wages haven't kept up with inflation. So 37k now is harder to afford than 23k was then.

I mean...37k starting is fine be me, and I'll likely buy one that's priced a lot higher than that. But it's becoming pretty clear that they're going to price a lot of people right back to Jeep.
Most people’s wages haven’t but auto worker’s wages have. And ford still needs to turn a profit. And pay all the engineers who made this project happen, product testers, focus groups, there was easily a few billion dollars spent on creating the Bronco and ford is not going to make a profit if they sell them on razor thin margins.

Just for reference, my buddy who works at ford said there are wheel and tire combinations for the F-150 that were more profitable to Ford than selling a focus or fiesta. Bronco is no different, the higher priced models are what bring in the money. And I have no problem with that because I love ford and want to see them exist for a long time. They’re not going to do that selling vinyl seats and roll up windows.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Forget the arithmetic for a minute - and focus on 'standard of living'. America's is higher now than ever, although the gap with other countries has narrowed over the last half century.

I love ford and want to see them exist for a long time. They’re not going to do that selling vinyl seats and roll up windows.
That's the thinking Ford used to become a single-digit stock; they let the 150 carry all their water. You can have a loss-leader...but it can't be the majority of your product line. If the market wants vinyl seats & roll up windows, someone will meet that need - and make a profit at the same time.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Your right value is subjective. I paid $53k for my Rubicon and think it's worth every penny. And when I pay between $50k - 60k for my new Bronco I'll probably be thinking it's worth every penny. BTW I think you might want to take a test drive in the new gen Rubicon, it's a hole lot more than a simple little runabout. Off road my stock Rubicon is a animal and I mean that in a good way. As far as reliability and quality, it's up to par with my Toyota TRD PRO 4Runner. Once again this is just a subjective opinion from someone that's owned over 20 4 x 4 vehicles and has been offroading for the last 30 years.
Bottom line is Ford is going to price the Bronco at their target market were ever that may be. If you can afford one buy it, if you can't afford one don't buy it. Other options is wait for a used ones to come on the market. When I was younger I owned plenty of used vehicles and worked my butt off to buy them. My theory is if you want something bad enough, work hard to get it and not complain that it's over priced.
Ford Bronco A complete 2021+ Bronco 6G specs & info rundown, because there’s nothing else to do... SDC10042.JPG

Last edited:

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Forget the arithmetic for a minute - and focus on 'standard of living'. America's is higher now than ever, although the gap with other countries has narrowed over the last half century.

That's the thinking Ford used to become a single-digit stock; they let the 150 carry all their water. You can have a loss-leader...but it can't be the majority of your product line. If the market wants vinyl seats & roll up windows, someone will meet that need - and make a profit at the same time.
I disagree. Ford became a single digit stock because they had crap like the fiesta, focus, and Taurus taking up factory space and wasting their time. And they’ve had to spend billions to retool those plants to make stuff that actually sells. Loss leaders worked great back when cars lasted 3 years and were junk... not so much anymore.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I disagree.
We may actually be in violent agreement. One of the 'phases' American business transitioned through was 'brand value'...when consumers began to associate a given level of product performance with its maker. But that thinking diminished with manufacturing improvements when
voilà - everything began to work, no matter who made it. Gone were the Sears catalog days of 'good, better, best' where the bottom tier was trash after a week. In that environment brand value diminishes; price becomes determinative, and sellers must match buyer's preferences with pinpoint accuracy.

Wolfsburg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford F-150, 1968 Ford Mustang California Special, 1969 Ford Mustang coupe, 1963 Volkswagen Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Your right value is subjective. I paid $53k for my Rubicon and think it's worth every penny. And when I pay between $50k - 60k for my new Bronco I'll probably be thinking it's worth every penny. BTW I think you might want to take a test drive in the new gen Rubicon, it's a hole lot more than a simple little runabout. Off road my stock Rubicon is a animal and I mean that in a good way. As far as reliability and quality, it's up to par with my Toyota TRD PRO 4Runner. Once again this is just a subjective opinion from someone that's owned over 20 4 x 4 vehicles and has been offroading for the last 30 years.
Bottom line is Ford is going to price the Bronco at their target market were ever that may be. If you an afford one buy it, if you can't afford one don't buy it. Other options is wait for a used ones to come on the market. When I was younger I owned plenty of used vehicles and worked my butt off to buy them. My theory is if you want something bad enough, work hard to get it and not complain that it's over priced.
Ford Bronco A complete 2021+ Bronco 6G specs & info rundown, because there’s nothing else to do... SDC10042.JPG
Like I said, value is subjective and to each their own. It's not worth that to me but if you're happy with it, that's the main thing.

Sponsored
OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
***Updated to include the 2.3 PHEV 2022 Ranger (AU) as a possible drivetrain.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Like I said, value is subjective and to each their own. It's not worth that to me but if you're happy with it, that's the main thing.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Lol

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Understand only 4 levels on a dealer build sheet. But for the average buyer going on the Jeep Builder site there are 13 different build configurations, which can be a bit confusing for a buyer.
It’s simple, click on Rubicon and add the least options you can (hard top, tow package) and you’re done. If you are in the I want to build it myself crowd, start with a Sport or Sport S, a few more options, buy it, and then over time throw out the axles and suspension and start building.

Any Jeeper will tell you if you click on Sahara you are a pretender while shaking their head. That one is for the “I wanted something that looks more rugged than a Grand Cherokee” crowd.

aman43

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
if the bronco starts at something like 40k for the base model it better have features that really shit on the jeep otherwise ford could be in serious trouble.

I cant stand the interior of the jeep. Its too cramped and low visibility. If ford solved this , its worth the extra 10k.

However if the badass non raptor version of the bronco is pushing 50-60k whats the point when you can get a wrangler and bolt on enough stuff to tackle any terrain in america? hell for around 70k you could put a freak hemi engine in a wrangler.

If fords goal is to go after the wrangler they have to understand that the reason people buy it is not so much off road and technology. Its because its a convertible open air car.

They have to sell the base model in the 30s or they will fuck up tremendously. If they plan on selling a 2.3l baby engine at 40k starting and the car doesnt even have the same capability as a base model jeep they are in big trouble.

I understand the made in america thing , i really do. Its almost worth selling them at a loss the first year to get them out on the streets until the bronco raptor comes out.

Last edited:

aman43

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
which begs the question. What is the point of the bronco sport? They could have made that car open air like the other broncos/wranglers without the offroad stuff and sold a trillion of them at 20/25k or even less
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.