Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Wanted to share that Solution Finish has just come out with a new product designed for UV protection of plastic trim.

Over The Top:
https://www.theragcompany.com/solution-finish-over-the-top-plastic-sealer/

Ford Bronco Plastic trim protection and restoration solution-finish-over-the-top-plastic-sealer-front-web__56330.1610568768[1]

I have used their existing product, "Trim Restorer" for years. This is simply the best plastic restoration product i've ever used and it has earned its spot on my detailing supply cabinet.

https://www.theragcompany.com/solution-finish-trim-restorer/

Ford Bronco Plastic trim protection and restoration Solution-Finish-main__29591.1610475320[1]

** FULL DISCLOSURE** I am not associated to Solution Finish in any way. I do not get any free products from them, nor do I get kick-backs in any way. I grew up detailing and restoring exotic automobiles and have purchased all their products on my own dime and used them on customers vehicles and my own because it works incredibly well. You'll be astonished at how well this stuff works and how far a tiny little bit of product will go!

Based on that past experience, I am excited to try their "Over The Top" on some vehicles before I take delivery of the Bronco and anticipate using this on my new vehicle!
Sponsored

Broncoak

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 FSB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wanted to share that Solution Finish has just come out with a new product designed for UV protection of plastic trim.

Over The Top:

Ford Bronco Plastic trim protection and restoration Solution-Finish-main__29591.1610475320[1]

I have used their existing product, "Trim Restorer" for years. This is simply the best plastic restoration product i've ever used and it has earned its spot on my detailing supply cabinet.

** FULL DISCLOSURE** I am not associated to Solution Finish in any way. I do not get any free products from them, nor do I get kick-backs in any way. I grew up detailing and restoring exotic automobiles and have purchased all their products on my own dime and used them on customers vehicles and my own because it works incredibly well. You'll be astonished at how well this stuff works and how far a tiny little bit of product will go!

Based on that past experience, I am excited to try their "Over The Top" on some vehicles before I take delivery of the Bronco and anticipate using this on my new vehicle!
Thanks for the head's up. I may look into that. Not so much for the new Bronco, but for my old one.

OP
OP
Rick Astley

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Thanks for the head's up. I may look into that. Not so much for the new Bronco, but for my old one.
For older trim, you should use their "Black Trim Restorer". I've had fantastic results with it, including testing on some trim from an 80's Pontiac that had been outside for a few decades prior.

Wiped it down with some IPA, then one quick application of Black Trim Restorer". In the controlled testing I also had sections which received up to four applications with 48 hours total cure time after all coats. Used a box knife to cut deeply into the plastic and peel it back to see how deep this product actually penetrated, and it was certainly deep enough to be impressive. It' is NOT a surface dressing (like the horrific product "Back to black" by Mothers) and it won't leave a residue or film.

Broncoak

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 FSB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For older trim, you should use their "Black Trim Restorer". I've had fantastic results with it, including testing on some trim from an 80's Pontiac that had been outside for a few decades prior.

Wiped it down with some IPA, then one quick application of Black Trim Restorer". In the controlled testing I also had sections which received up to four applications with 48 hours total cure time after all coats. Used a box knife to cut deeply into the plastic and peel it back to see how deep this product actually penetrated, and it was certainly deep enough to be impressive. It' is NOT a surface dressing (like the horrific product "Back to black" by Mothers) and it won't leave a residue or film.
Good deal. I know exactly what you're talking about with the products I've tried before (film, low quality, doesn't last long). I'll give it a try. I assume you can't find it at the auto parts store and have to order it online?

OP
OP
Rick Astley

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Good deal. I know exactly what you're talking about with the products I've tried before (film, low quality, doesn't last long). I'll give it a try. I assume you can't find it at the auto parts store and have to order it online?
Not sure how shipping works for you in AK, but if you can Amazon, a 1oz bottle will last you about 20 years (assuming you can prevent it from freezing and separating). The product spreads an incredible distance.

https://www.amazon.com/Solution-Finish-Black-Plastic-Restorer/dp/B006NZQ3T8

Personally I order from AutoGeek which is down in Florida, but shipping will be slow. Since I get gallons of product at a time then AutoGeek is a 1-stop-shop.

https://www.autogeek.net/best-plastic-restorer.html

Reactions: Lai

Sponsored

Broncoak

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 FSB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure how shipping works for you in AK, but if you can Amazon, a 1oz bottle will last you about 20 years (assuming you can prevent it from freezing and separating). The product spreads an incredible distance.

https://www.amazon.com/Solution-Finish-Black-Plastic-Restorer/dp/B006NZQ3T8

Personally I order from AutoGeek which is down in Florida, but shipping will be slow. Since I get gallons of product at a time then AutoGeek is a 1-stop-shop.

https://www.autogeek.net/best-plastic-restorer.html
Thanks Rick, as always. Appreciate the help. We do get Amazon/UPS/etc so I should be good. Go about 15 miles in any direction though and some folks are living like it's 1821, not 2021 so there are extremes up here for sure.

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Over The Top:

Thanks! Saved for when I land mine.

Quick questions since you have experience with it:

Will it work with MIC top? I assume so but want to see your answer.

Will it make said MIC top slightly darker (even if for a limited time).

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I posted this in another thread, but who knows who saw it. It's another option at least.

This stuff worked wonders for the plastic cladding on my 2005 Avalanche (no longer have it).
I think I'll try some out on the MIC top, and maybe just reapply yearly if it works.
Super easy to apply, and it's a dangerous poison, so you know it works. I used a foam brush to apply.

1610741254645.png

1610741382340.png

cpmartin1999

Badlands
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 2020 VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Over The Top:

this seems great AND OVERDUE? one reason im stuck between budget like BBB vs OBX or Wildtrack is because im struggleing with door handles and mirrors that will look faded grey in 1 year, i hate that on jeeps and other vehicles. Id love to know if the protector works, how long, does it eed repaalied etc

OP
OP
Rick Astley

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
this seems great AND OVERDUE? one reason im stuck between budget like BBB vs OBX or Wildtrack is because im struggleing with door handles and mirrors that will look faded grey in 1 year, i hate that on jeeps and other vehicles. Id love to know if the protector works, how long, does it eed repaalied etc
The images below are from the link i've provided to their black plastic restorer (multiple times in this thread..... Sometimes you do have to click the link to gather the meat in the sandwich)

Before:
Ford Bronco Plastic trim protection and restoration sf-action-1[1]

After:
Ford Bronco Plastic trim protection and restoration sf-action-2[1]

I have personally used this product on a neighbors Jeep that has parked it outside for the past decade. while the pics above are not mine, they are true to the results I achieved with a single application on the fenders (IPA wipedown first).

Since he's a cheap SOB and can't even take in his trash bins inside of a month (they just live on the street), I told him I ran out of product after doing one side of his Jeep, if he were to buy a bottle of it for me to reimburse what i've already used then I would finish up the rest of his Jeep and also his wife's car. Haven't seen any product, a dime in cash or even a thank you for restoring half his shitty plastics. (It's $14 a bottle, and he couldn't even thank me with a beer? Let his Jeep rot!)

Sponsored

cpmartin1999

Badlands
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

that pic is not temporary like other "black plastic treatments"? that black color is permenant now?

cpmartin1999

Badlands
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Over The Top:

thanks again for this info, let me ask something, in looking at some very new posts of a orange wildtrack with decals it shows a good pic of the mirrors, the gloss black portion is ONLY the very mirror itself, so i assume OBX with body color mirrors and door handles is same, the entire bracket/molding holding the mirror to the cowl seems to be the black plastic? is that how you see it? that would mean this product would be needed even if you have body color mirros and handles because that?? curious if thats how you see it?

Moparguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Mansour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 MX5 GT - 2010 MX5 T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
OP
OP
Rick Astley

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Update:

There has been a better and more technical video produced by an independent shop that uses Solution Finish Over The Top and Black Trim Restorer. Sharing that video below to give more info and better application input:

jimi1851

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Avalanche
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I posted this in another thread, but who knows who saw it. It's another option at least.

This stuff worked wonders for the plastic cladding on my 2005 Avalanche (no longer have it).
I think I'll try some out on the MIC top, and maybe just reapply yearly if it works.
Super easy to apply, and it's a dangerous poison, so you know it works. I used a foam brush to apply.

1610741254645.png

1610741382340.png
This is all I’ve ever used on my ‘05 Avalanche. It works great and I only have to reapply every couple years.

But I would be interested in trying the stuff Rick is talking about to compare.
Sponsored