Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Ford Escape AWD V6, '91 Plymouth Acclaim V6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Did it happen to be Curtis or Marcus?
I like that build if I don't end up having an EB built my next bronco be a base or a Sport go with my SAS!
Have no idea who it was. It could be your mini-me Bronco, lol.
Ford Bronco Official 2021 Bronco INVOICE Price / MSRP Price List [Jan 19] dr-evil-mini-me-1940x900_35484
Sponsored

69 Mach I

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-150, '87 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hello....brand new to the forum and have found some wonderful information. Thank you so much for all of this. So I got a call two days ago from my dealership that it's time to convert my reservation to an order! I will meet with the sales manager next Friday morning. I have owned countless vehicles over my lifetime, but have never actually ordered a vehicle. I normally try to buy low mileage used, but have bought probably 4 or 5 brand new vehicles. But in those 4 or 5 instances it was just a matter of picking/seeing one already on the dealer lot. So I have several questions about the process and hope to get some positive feedback. First off, the dealership said they normally require a non-refundable $1000 deposit for ordered vehicles. The sales manager indicated due to the high demand of the new Bronco, he may either waive the deposit or, if for some reason I don't want the Bronco upon delivery, they will give me my deposit back. Is this normal dealer practice? If they do require the deposit, I will certainly get something in writing saying that it is refundable! Second question.....at what point will the selling price be discussed? Is this going to happen when I place the order or when the vehicle is delivered? I'm guessing that there is going to be little room for negotiation, due to the high demand of the vehicle. This really goes against my self beliefs of negotiating the best price on a vehicle! I saw several posts on here about the "X-plan" and dealer invoice pricing. I do have access to the x-plan through my employer. When should this be mentioned to the dealership? If they are not accepting the x-plan for this vehicle, should I try to get the dealer invoice prices....as listed in this forum? At what point should I negotiate for this pricing? What happens if the dealership doesn't budge on the MSRP sticker price? Do I walk out? I know we can transfer the reservation, but it may be too late to do that. What I have done in the past when buying vehicles is try to get the dealership throw in an extended warranty if i'm not happy with the finalized price......is that an option? Sorry for all the questions and the super long post....just a little confused on how the entire process is going to work.

beaglebronco

First Edition
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda pilot
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
At what point should I negotiate for this pricing? What happens if the dealership doesn't budge on the MSRP sticker price? Do I walk out? I know we can transfer the reservation, but it may be too late to do that.
Welcome to the forum, a great place for information.

Your prior experience applies here as well. Negotiate the best price upfront BEFORE you covert to an order. Get the agreed upon price in writing.

if you don't like the price, talk to another dealer and see if you can get agree to a price you are comfortable with.

This is high demand, but a lot of folks have found dealers willing to sell at invoice, or at most MSRP. Do not get fooled into paying above MSRP. Just shop around, and you have until March to both change dealers and place your order.

Good luck! Have fun! Get a good deal!

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Hello....brand new to the forum and have found some wonderful information. Thank you so much for all of this. So I got a call two days ago from my dealership that it's time to convert my reservation to an order! I will meet with the sales manager next Friday morning. I have owned countless vehicles over my lifetime, but have never actually ordered a vehicle. I normally try to buy low mileage used, but have bought probably 4 or 5 brand new vehicles. But in those 4 or 5 instances it was just a matter of picking/seeing one already on the dealer lot. So I have several questions about the process and hope to get some positive feedback. First off, the dealership said they normally require a non-refundable $1000 deposit for ordered vehicles. The sales manager indicated due to the high demand of the new Bronco, he may either waive the deposit or, if for some reason I don't want the Bronco upon delivery, they will give me my deposit back. Is this normal dealer practice? If they do require the deposit, I will certainly get something in writing saying that it is refundable! Second question.....at what point will the selling price be discussed? Is this going to happen when I place the order or when the vehicle is delivered? I'm guessing that there is going to be little room for negotiation, due to the high demand of the vehicle. This really goes against my self beliefs of negotiating the best price on a vehicle! I saw several posts on here about the "X-plan" and dealer invoice pricing. I do have access to the x-plan through my employer. When should this be mentioned to the dealership? If they are not accepting the x-plan for this vehicle, should I try to get the dealer invoice prices....as listed in this forum? At what point should I negotiate for this pricing? What happens if the dealership doesn't budge on the MSRP sticker price? Do I walk out? I know we can transfer the reservation, but it may be too late to do that. What I have done in the past when buying vehicles is try to get the dealership throw in an extended warranty if i'm not happy with the finalized price......is that an option? Sorry for all the questions and the super long post....just a little confused on how the entire process is going to work.
Welcome, I'll answer inline with your questions below.
Hello....brand new to the forum and have found some wonderful information. Thank you so much for all of this. So I got a call two days ago from my dealership that it's time to convert my reservation to an order! I will meet with the sales manager next Friday morning. I have owned countless vehicles over my lifetime, but have never actually ordered a vehicle. I normally try to buy low mileage used, but have bought probably 4 or 5 brand new vehicles. But in those 4 or 5 instances it was just a matter of picking/seeing one already on the dealer lot.
Good first start, every purchase is negotiable, your experience with past car purchases is invaluable and the things you leaned negotiating then apply now.
So I have several questions about the process and hope to get some positive feedback. First off, the dealership said they normally require a non-refundable $1000 deposit for ordered vehicles. The sales manager indicated due to the high demand of the new Bronco, he may either waive the deposit or, if for some reason I don't want the Bronco upon delivery, they will give me my deposit back. Is this normal dealer practice? If they do require the deposit, I will certainly get something in writing saying that it is refundable!
A deposit is fine, but get in writting it is fully refundable for any reason, you don't like how it drives, the seating position, life events or whatever.
Second question.....at what point will the selling price be discussed? Is this going to happen when I place the order or when the vehicle is delivered? I'm guessing that there is going to be little room for negotiation, due to the high demand of the vehicle. This really goes against my self beliefs of negotiating the best price on a vehicle!
You ALWAYS, negotiate before the sales contact is signed, which happens before you order the vehicle. If this is not done you ZERO negotiation ability once they know you want it.
I saw several posts on here about the "X-plan" and dealer invoice pricing. I do have access to the x-plan through my employer. When should this be mentioned to the dealership? If they are not accepting the x-plan for this vehicle, should I try to get the dealer invoice prices....as listed in this forum?
Ford has stated they will not honor X-Play for the MY21 Bronco. If you have a late reservation you will be getting a MY22, which X-Plan is unknown for. Just in case, tell you dealer you will use it for your purchase, if available. If you can negotiated a deal to invoice price, it is about the same as X-Plan. A few dealers around the county are offering less that MSRP deals on this forum. Since you live in Virginia, you should look at this deal From Stephens Auto Centers in Danville, WV
The Plan & Offer - Stephens Auto Center's Mid Atlantic Bronco Connection
At what point should I negotiate for this pricing? What happens if the dealership doesn't budge on the MSRP sticker price? Do I walk out? I know we can transfer the reservation, but it may be too late to do that. What I have done in the past when buying vehicles is try to get the dealership throw in an extended warranty if i'm not happy with the finalized price......is that an option?
As above, You ALWAYS, negotiate before the sales contact is signed, which happens before you order the vehicle. If this is not done you ZERO negotiation ability once they know you want it. You can transfer dealers up until March 19th. If you have a shady dealer and they say your reservation is locked with them, that is a lie, you can call Ford Customer Service to have it reassigned to another dealer (many threads on this subject). Getting an extended warranty as part of the negoiation is not a bad idea, but only if it is the genuine Ford factory "Protect" "Extended Service Plan" (ESP).
Sorry for all the questions and the super long post....just a little confused on how the entire process is going to work.
No worries, welcome to the forum. Next time please space out your posts with paragraphs to make them more readable.

69 Mach I

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-150, '87 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
North7, Thank you so much for all the information....it is priceless! What I think I'm going to do when I go into the dealership Friday is have the invoice pricing printed out, have my X-Plan information with me, as well as the discounts Stephens Auto Center is WV is offering.....they are only about 3 hours away. If my local dealership isn't willing to negotiate a better price, I will just transfer my reservation.
I was hoping to buy locally; just because it keeps things a little more simple with taxes and titling. What I could do, if my preferred dealership isn't willing to budge on price, is go to another local Ford dealership and see what they'll do for me.
It's my understanding that each dealership is only allocated a certain number of the Broncos. So if I were to transfer my reservation, does that mean that the dealership I picked when I made my reservation will get one less Bronco and the dealership I change my reservation to will get an extra Bronco? So in theory, Stephens Auto Center could sell more Broncos than they were allocated? Or if I transfer my reservation, does that mean that someone at Stephens Auto Center who has made a reservation, and possibly even already ordered the vehicle, will be "bumped" off the list if I made my reservation before they did? Thanks again

Sponsored
OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

North7, Thank you so much for all the information....it is priceless! What I think I'm going to do when I go into the dealership Friday is have the invoice pricing printed out, have my X-Plan information with me, as well as the discounts Stephens Auto Center is WV is offering.....they are only about 3 hours away. If my local dealership isn't willing to negotiate a better price, I will just transfer my reservation.
I was hoping to buy locally; just because it keeps things a little more simple with taxes and titling. What I could do, if my preferred dealership isn't willing to budge on price, is go to another local Ford dealership and see what they'll do for me.
It's my understanding that each dealership is only allocated a certain number of the Broncos. So if I were to transfer my reservation, does that mean that the dealership I picked when I made my reservation will get one less Bronco and the dealership I change my reservation to will get an extra Bronco? So in theory, Stephens Auto Center could sell more Broncos than they were allocated? Or if I transfer my reservation, does that mean that someone at Stephens Auto Center who has made a reservation, and possibly even already ordered the vehicle, will be "bumped" off the list if I made my reservation before they did? Thanks again
The reservation belongs to you, not any dealership. Once you place your order, regardless of dealership, Ford takes your reservation timestamp and assigns your place in line.

Your Bronco will be delivered to you, based on your reservation timestamp, available commodities of your selected build and the dealers allocation (with the various factors that go into that). No one gets bumped or moved up the list since it is all by reservation timestamp.

The complete wildcard and unknown is will moving a reservation to this dealer or that dealer going to get me my Bronco sooner or later, I leave that for the total speculation of hundreds of other posts, the truth is with Ford's black box formula none of us know for sure.

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So will Tube Doors delay my delivery or just not be available?

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Posted an updated version of the spreadsheet I made.

Most of it is the same, simply mark your options with an X and it will total them up and display them on a Summary tab.
  • Added an Aftermarket tab so you can make a list of other stuff you're planning to get and factor into your overall expenditure. Lists your selected accessories next to it, so you can easily compare prices.
  • Adjusted the print settings so you can just print the Summary tab to PDF to give to your dealer. Trim, packages, and options will be on the first page. Accessories on page 2. This includes the codes and part numbers, so may be more useful than a print out from B&P.
(I know the print settings work from Excel, but not sure from Google Sheets. Other calculations work in sheets.) As always, the details are based on the ordering guide; verify the final prices with your dealer.

Currently have it posted to Drive here: 2021 Ford Bronco Price List w Accessories Aftermarket

No need to request edit permission, just save a copy or download and do what you like with it.

AZSky

Heritage
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Heritage, Mach E, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

B+P has 4d Base with AT now included but by the pricing and order guide it IS as separate charge ?

Sponsored

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This was just posted on FB, and it may be helpful to those ordering as well as those who have already ordered but weren't able to order all of their accessories yet.
Ford Bronco Official 2021 Bronco INVOICE Price / MSRP Price List [Jan 19] 144126134_10226015664967856_4951923232131465219_n

Two key takeaways:
  • Anything ordered in WBDO is either installed at the factory or installed by the dealer and installation is already included, so no additional labor costs. These are all the items with a check under FOA in the Accessories Price List (available in the OP).
  • Anything ordered through FAD is subject to charges for installation by the dealer. These are the items checked as FLA or FPP in the Accessories Price List (most of the list actually).
If your dealer is having trouble figuring out how to order an accessory, use this to figure out where they should be ordering from. Also useful so you know which accessories to go aftermarket (or get with no installation) if you're trying to avoid installation charges, or at least which items you may need to negotiate installation with your dealer.

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

This was just posted on FB, and it may be helpful to those ordering as well as those who have already ordered but weren't able to order all of their accessories yet.
Ford Bronco Official 2021 Bronco INVOICE Price / MSRP Price List [Jan 19] 144126134_10226015664967856_4951923232131465219_n

Two key takeaways:
  • Anything ordered in WBDO is either installed at the factory or installed by the dealer and installation is already included, so no additional labor costs. These are all the items with a check under FOA in the Accessories Price List (available in the OP).
  • Anything ordered through FAD is subject to charges for installation by the dealer. These are the items checked as FLA or FPP in the Accessories Price List (most of the list actually).
If your dealer is having trouble figuring out how to order an accessory, use this to figure out where they should be ordering from. Also useful so you know which accessories to go aftermarket (or get with no installation) if you're trying to avoid installation charges, or at least which items you may need to negotiate installation with your dealer.
Thank you for finding the first dealer ad on DIO, the full details of the program are here:

DIO (Dealer Installed Options) Program Allows Bronco Accessories To Be Included In Purchase Price and Installed by Dealer

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you for finding the first dealer ad on DIO, the full details of the program are here:

DIO (Dealer Installed Options) Program Allows Bronco Accessories To Be Included In Purchase Price and Installed by Dealer
Yeah, I remembered that discussion about DIO. We've also had lots of people mention that their dealer had a hard time ordering some accessories. Also seen a few comments amounting to "so much for DIO" when people are told the dealer will charge for installation.

This is the first thing I've seen that, combined with the price list you posted, actually tells us which items are DIO and which aren't.

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Yeah, I remembered that discussion about DIO. We've also had lots of people mention that their dealer had a hard time ordering some accessories. Also seen a few comments amounting to "so much for DIO" when people are told the dealer will charge for installation.

This is the first thing I've seen that, combined with the price list you posted, actually tells us which items are DIO and which aren't.
Another point of confusion for everyone, Ford is providing the dealers with the accessories lists in the next few weeks and will update B&P with the info in March. So for most people asking their dealer about accessories right now you will get:
  1. We don't know.
  2. You can't order accessories on the invoice.
  3. You have to buy the parts from our parts department and pay us full labor for their install.
  4. We are waiting on Ford (correct answer).

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Made a few more tweaks to the Excel file I created. The link in the OP is still good, but here it is again for ease of access 2021 Ford Bronco Price List w Accessories Aftermarket.
  • Added a place to put dealer notes next to individual options and accessories, which will automatically appear on the summary tab.
  • Added a spot on the summary tab to enter your name. This way if you send this to your dealer, your name is attached to it.
Once you've selected all your options, just go to the Summary tab and print. You should get a 2 page document for your dealer with the trim and options on the first page, with accessories on the second.
Sponsored